Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:45 am

zarmack wrote:Exactly. I hate how hypocritical this fandom can be.
There's no hypocrisy in respecting and/or appreciating the author's take on his own character over someone else's take as mere fans (assuming this is true and does come from Toriyama).

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:46 am

Are you guys aware that Freezer is surrounded by foes who are much stronger than him, Goku, Vegeta and more importantly Beerus who is a god of destruction who can hakai Freezer if he did anything wrong. So immortality no longer serves anything since Beerus made his appearance and I do not think Freezer can dethrone the Zenos with a wish, so what other interesting or serious wish he could have made?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:13 am

So I hear Freeza's wish in DBS Broly is to be taller. My heart tells me that is hilarious and works given his incredibly petty nature, but my head tells me that kind of gag is pretty offsetting for Freeza's character, tonally jarring for the film and is unoriginal.

I'm gonna watch this film and see how it plays out. As the idea on paper may sound terrible, but the execution of it could be fantastic.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:22 am

Where is everyone getting this information about Frieza wishing to be taller?

Please tell me it’s not from Youtubers...
How i predict the tournament will end:

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 am

TheOne wrote:Where is everyone getting this information about Frieza wishing to be taller?

Please tell me it’s not from Youtubers...
From the same youtuber that was right about trailer 3 days before it came out. He has his sources

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 am

TheOne wrote:Please tell me it’s not from Youtubers...
Yup, it's from Geekdom 101.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 am

I mean, Freeza can make his forms look like whatever he wants them to so he can just make himself taller in one of those. Not that Freeza ever gave off the impression he cared about his height.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 am

Freeza @ Namek - Immortality!!!

Freeza @ TOP - I will overthrow you gods

Freza @ Broly - FINALLY the emperor has returned and got the DBs he always wanted... BUT my plans changed!!! I want to be big as my brother even if I have a 2nd form I can chill with

Black: Image

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 am

Frieza: MAKE ME GOD OF D-
Beerus: (appears behind him)
Frieza: erm.. MAKE ME TALLER!!! (smiles comically at beerus)
Shenron: Your wish is granted.
Frieza: (dammit ...)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am

BrolyKale wrote:Are you guys aware that Freezer is surrounded by foes who are much stronger than him, Goku, Vegeta and more importantly Beerus who is a god of destruction who can hakai Freezer if he did anything wrong. So immortality no longer serves anything since Beerus made his appearance and I do not think Freezer can dethrone the Zenos with a wish, so what other interesting or serious wish he could have made?
It's not like the Earth DBs could do much if anything to help him get revenge on Goku and Vegeta. Shenron can't do anything to them since they're so much stronger than he is, Frieza could just blow up the Earth from space if he felt like it, and I assume the point of having Broly there is to beat their asses for him if trouble starts. Seems like his bases are covered to me.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Frieza: MAKE ME GOD OF D-
I think(or hope) that it'll be something like that.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:57 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Didn't Sorbet mention that to him in Resurrection F? If that's what he wants it's not a terrible wish. Unlike usurping the gods or killing Goku or whatever, Shenron could actually do that for him.
I don't think so, if he did mention that then Freeza would've wondered what Sorbet did with the other wishes.
Chuquita wrote:I think it's weird to abandon the whole Freeza wants immortality thing, but I guess since the Omni King easily killed off immortal sky face Zamasu that maybe immortality isn't enough to help Freeza achieve his new goal?
Would Freeza even know about the things Zamasu did?
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 am

Lukmendes wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Didn't Sorbet mention that to him in Resurrection F? If that's what he wants it's not a terrible wish. Unlike usurping the gods or killing Goku or whatever, Shenron could actually do that for him.
I don't think so, if he did mention that then Freeza would've wondered what Sorbet did with the other wishes.
Chuquita wrote:I think it's weird to abandon the whole Freeza wants immortality thing, but I guess since the Omni King easily killed off immortal sky face Zamasu that maybe immortality isn't enough to help Freeza achieve his new goal?
Would Freeza even know about the things Zamasu did?
I don't think he does. I meant to imply that from an out of universe/narrative standpoint. I'm trying to make sense of why Toriyama wrote to have Freeza chose to abandon his immortality quest especially after having seen what happens after he dies.

Shouldn't Freeza want immortality even more now knowing what he does about Earth's hell?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:23 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I mean, Freeza can make his forms look like whatever he wants them to so he can just make himself taller in one of those. Not that Freeza ever gave off the impression he cared about his height.
Yeah, he can literally just create a new form that uses 99% of his power and have it be tall. He can morph his appearance however he wants.

But you'd have to assume anyone involved still remembers Freeza created his forms to suppress his power. Nowadays, his first form is treated as his original form whereas all the subsequent ones are treated as set transformations; just look at Frost.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Frieza: MAKE ME GOD OF D-
Freeza: Make me stand ABOVE all!
Shenron: Your wish is granted *TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL*
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:43 am

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I mean, Freeza can make his forms look like whatever he wants them to so he can just make himself taller in one of those. Not that Freeza ever gave off the impression he cared about his height.
Yeah, he can literally just create a new form that uses 99% of his power and have it be tall. He can morph his appearance however he wants.

But you'd have to assume anyone involved still remembers Freeza created his forms to suppress his power. Nowadays, his first form is treated as his original form whereas all the subsequent ones are treated as set transformations; just look at Frost.
How is Frost an example of not understanding that Freeza's forms are repression forms?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 am

PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

How is Frost an example of not understanding that Freeza's forms are repression forms?
Frost, even though he is a completely different person from Freeza and has no connection to him at all besides being from the same race, coincidentally has the same amount of forms with the exact same design.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:54 am

I get the feeling Freeza's wish to be taller is just a joke and something he says just to throw everyone off. In the ToP, Freeza was very interested in the power of Ultra Instinct. The whole point of using Broly and the Dragon Balls may be just to force Goku into using that power again so Freeza can learn how to access it himself. Thus if he can master something that even Beerus the Destroyer hasn't, he'll get closer to his goal of taking over. The Dragonballs are bait and Broly is there in place of Jiren, someone so powerful that their only hope is Ultra Instinct. But Freeza didn't know about the Fusion Dance.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:55 am

Zelvin wrote:I get the feeling Freeza's wish to be taller is just a joke and something he says just to throw everyone off. In the ToP, Freeza was very interested in the power of Ultra Instinct. The whole point of using Broly and the Dragon Balls may be just to force Goku into using that power again so Freeza can learn how to access it himself. Thus if he can master something that even Beerus the Destroyer hasn't, he'll get closer to his goal of taking over. The Dragonballs are bait and Broly is there in place of Jiren, someone so powerful that their only hope is Ultra Instinct. But Freeza didn't know about the Fusion Dance.
He saw Gotenks in Super.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 am

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Yeah, he can literally just create a new form that uses 99% of his power and have it be tall. He can morph his appearance however he wants.

Frost, even though he is a completely different person from Freeza and has no connection to him at all besides being from the same race, coincidentally has the same amount of forms with the exact same design.
Well, no he doesn't. He doesn't have the same number of forms, and he doesn't even refer to his forms as "2nd" or "3rd" or anything like that, he has this First form, his Assault form and then his Final Form. He said that he doesn't use his Final Form because he accidentally killed somebody with the power of it. That is completely 100% in line with what we know of Freeza and the purpose of his forms, in Frost's case he has suppression forms for the purposes of not accidentally killing people with his overwhelming power.(Or at least, that's the facade he was putting on to people.) Therefore, he has forms to suppress it. Not the slightest clue how you managed to somehow misconstrue this to be Frost being a clone of Freeza with the same forms but not actually using them as suppression forms. He has 3 forms, not 4, and he also uses them for suppression purposes.