Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:06 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:The NForums summary came from a guy who knows japanese and was there at the premier.

KenXyro got his info from some friend of his at the premier who said some of the japanese was "too difficult" and couldn't even remember something as simple as if gogeta used ssg or not.

Take from that what you will
Do you have a link to this Summary i'd like to read it and compare it to KenXyro's and Geekdom's recent video
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/dr ... s.1152483/
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:47 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:The NForums summary came from a guy who knows japanese and was there at the premier.

KenXyro got his info from some friend of his at the premier who said some of the japanese was "too difficult" and couldn't even remember something as simple as if gogeta used ssg or not.

Take from that what you will
That says a lot about the credibility of these two summaries.

But one of the things I've quoted is literally just visual, just watching you can tell. That is, in a summary it is said that Goku and Vegeta SSB face Broly SSJ (which makes a lot more sense because we saw this in the trailer), and in another it is said that Goku and Vegeta SSB fights against Broly Rage (which is strange because during the entire trailer we see only Goku SSB against Rage Broly, even in the transformation scene Goku is alone), so we have a considerable difference in what refers only to a fight scene. Maybe the information was not passed correctly? According to Ken Xyro, one of his friends was not in a good place to properly understand a scene

Apparently we also have a information from Geekdom that Base Goku fights better against Broly than SSG Vegeta, which contradicts the two summaries

Dragono
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Dragono wrote:Oh wow, then i am even more INTERESTED in why you don't like it. Because it seems like a solid dragon ball film to me. Pros and cons in all.
Because it's just movie 8 again, with everyone of its borrowed plot points executed worse, with some sprinkles of DB Minus, a bad story, and movie 12; the comedy seems to fall very flat as well, at least based on the summaries provided. Broly's story seems to be handled with no nuance whatsoever; it's just generic melodrama, which is exactly what I feared the most coming into this.

Though, to be fair, I don't think movie 8 is a bad movie.

At least this movie doesn't seem as disastrous as RF or the ToP.
Well, i disagree with that but we haven't seen the movie so i can't really say with 100% you're wrong. During super's run, spoilers would drop and sound awful but when we watched it, it was rarely as bad.

Context and details matter but this movie does seem geared towards Broly fans and i know many on this site don't fit into that box and you rarely say anything POSITIVE about modern dragon ball so I kinda expected you to hate this even 85% people liked it.

But we have to see.
Last edited by Dragono on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7826
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:49 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Honestly? This movie sounds like it'll be stupider than the first Broly film and only make that one look better narratively by comparison.
What is stupid in this movie thats done better in the first Broly movie.

Because it sounds to me personally that:

Dbs Broly’s character and motive > M8 Broly’s character and motive

DBS Paragus > M8 Paragus

DBS Movie fights >>>> M8 Fight

Flashback content >>> M8 Flashback content

Dbs motives of villains >>> M8 motives of villains

And hell, its not a Goku movie this time but instead Vegeta gets as much shine and even the ending is way less predictable than the M8 ending was.


Anyone mad about plot and using this movie’s seemingly lack of it as an excuse to lower it compared to other dbz movies should remember that no other DB movies really had as much plot either. I’d say B.O.G has the most plot and it seems as though the Broly movie is around that level.
Broly will probably be more than a hulking psycho but I don't trust them to not make DBS Broly anything but vomit inducingly modern Shonen when he's not a screaming retard.

M8 Paragus is a fantastic character already and much like with Broly, I don't trust them not to destroy whatever subtlety there was so we can make pouw wittle Bwoly look more sympathetic.

They'll probably look more visually bombastic, that's for sure but the 8th film actually has a lot of quiet moments in it, lots of atmosphere to the proceedings which I'm finding more appreciation for over big, sakuga bombast.

The flashback content of Super Broly is Dragon Ball Minus + extra shit, that alone makes it worse than testicular electrocution, much less M8s flashbacks.

Freeza's motive is the stupidest thing Toriyama's shat out since Resurrection F, Paragus has the same motive as before and Broly's not a generic psycho so you're a third of the way right?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lukmendes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Lukmendes wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: They are because the entire reason Broly was cast away because he was too powerful in King Vegeta's eyes. A PL of 920 isn't too powerful and that's assuming baby Broly always had a PL of 920
Power level of 920 for a kid is a really big deal considering that Nappa, a grown adult, was at around 4000 or so, and he's an elite, back in Z Raditz was flabbergasted at Gohan having a power level of around 700 too.
Baby Broly has a weaker PL than 920 most likely seeing as saiyans PL also grow with their age. Also it was mentioned Broly's PL broke a scouter, which at something below 920 as a baby is contradictory and doesn't make sense
It could be that his power level can change depending on the situation, either that or old scouters sucked even more lol.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:52 pm

I really like that King Vegeta’s motivation for exiling Broly is just going to be jealousy over overt politics. I think that actually gives some real foregrounding as well as to who Vegeta is as a character, which I think fits perfectly with what the film is going for.

User avatar
Shounen
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Shounen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm

No insert song in movie, right? :|

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:The NForums summary came from a guy who knows japanese and was there at the premier.

KenXyro got his info from some friend of his at the premier who said some of the japanese was "too difficult" and couldn't even remember something as simple as if gogeta used ssg or not.

Take from that what you will
That says a lot about the credibility of these two summaries.

But one of the things I've quoted is literally just visual, just watching you can tell. That is, in a summary it is said that Goku and Vegeta SSB face Broly SSJ (which makes a lot more sense because we saw this in the trailer), and in another it is said that Goku and Vegeta SSB fights against Broly Rage (which is strange because during the entire trailer we see only Goku SSB against Rage Broly, even in the transformation scene Goku is alone), so we have a considerable difference in what refers only to a fight scene. Maybe the information was not passed correctly? According to Ken Xyro, one of his friends was not in a good place to properly understand a scene

Apparently we also have a information from Geekdom that Base Goku fights better against Broly than SSG Vegeta, which contradicts the two summaries
Read the summary on NForums if you haven't already.MShadows says goku cycles through his forms and gets his ass kicked. I bet there was a small cut where base goku didn't get annihilated but the end result is the same , even in ssg, he gets wrecked

User avatar
Extreme_kai
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Extreme_kai » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:Am I the only one who's a little emotional over finding out that Goku Finally acknowledges who he truly is and his saiyan heritage?

this feels like the first step to Character development for Goku rather than just powerups and boosts through willpower

and the fact that he sympathises with Broly knowing and understanding that Broly's childhood and way of living is truly similar to his own back when he was a kid getting raised by Grandpa Gohan

Honestly that won me over this happening made my heart warm and truly shows where Akira wants to take these characters next

and as for Freeza that Piece of shit (I had a huge gut feeling that he was gonna kill Paragus) Freeza basically killed Goku's parents (Gine Presumably is Dead along with the destruction of their home planet) Vegeta's father and Now Broly's

I Hope the beatdown Freeza gets from Broly is truly worse than Hakaishin Toppo's in the T.O.P I want Freeza to suffer in this film for being an asshole

most likely the story is a 6/10 and the overall visuals + Fight choreography hail it at a 8.5/10

Can't wait !
I keep hearing reports that Broly bodies him for an entire hour, so I think you'll be happy with that. :lol:

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Honestly? This movie sounds like it'll be stupider than the first Broly film and only make that one look better narratively by comparison.
What is stupid in this movie thats done better in the first Broly movie.

Because it sounds to me personally that:

Dbs Broly’s character and motive > M8 Broly’s character and motive

DBS Paragus > M8 Paragus

DBS Movie fights >>>> M8 Fight

Flashback content >>> M8 Flashback content

Dbs motives of villains >>> M8 motives of villains

And hell, its not a Goku movie this time but instead Vegeta gets as much shine and even the ending is way less predictable than the M8 ending was.


Anyone mad about plot and using this movie’s seemingly lack of it as an excuse to lower it compared to other dbz movies should remember that no other DB movies really had as much plot either. I’d say B.O.G has the most plot and it seems as though the Broly movie is around that level.
Broly will probably be more than a hulking psycho but I don't trust them to not make DBS Broly anything but vomit inducingly modern Shonen when he's not a screaming retard.

M8 Paragus is a fantastic character already and much like with Broly, I don't trust them not to destroy whatever subtlety there was so we can make pouw wittle Bwoly look more sympathetic.

They'll probably look more visually bombastic, that's for sure but the 8th film actually has a lot of quiet moments in it, lots of atmosphere to the proceedings which I'm finding more appreciation for over big, sakuga bombast.

The flashback content of Super Broly is Dragon Ball Minus + extra shit, that alone makes it worse than testicular electrocution, much less M8s flashbacks.

Freeza's motive is the stupidest thing Toriyama's shat out since Resurrection F, Paragus has the same motive as before and Broly's not a generic psycho so you're a third of the way right?
I mean, Nagamine is a director that is known for using silence in his films.
Judging by his direction of Film Z, I wouldn’t really be worried about that film lacking those subtle moments or specific atmosphere.

Also, Freeza’s motive is good. Like, it’s perfectly in character, while allowing them to do something fresh with him beyond his typical “unlimited power” routine.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Honestly? This movie sounds like it'll be stupider than the first Broly film and only make that one look better narratively by comparison.
What is stupid in this movie thats done better in the first Broly movie.

Because it sounds to me personally that:

Dbs Broly’s character and motive > M8 Broly’s character and motive

DBS Paragus > M8 Paragus

DBS Movie fights >>>> M8 Fight

Flashback content >>> M8 Flashback content

Dbs motives of villains >>> M8 motives of villains

And hell, its not a Goku movie this time but instead Vegeta gets as much shine and even the ending is way less predictable than the M8 ending was.


Anyone mad about plot and using this movie’s seemingly lack of it as an excuse to lower it compared to other dbz movies should remember that no other DB movies really had as much plot either. I’d say B.O.G has the most plot and it seems as though the Broly movie is around that level.
Broly will probably be more than a hulking psycho but I don't trust them to not make DBS Broly anything but vomit inducingly modern Shonen when he's not a screaming retard.

M8 Paragus is a fantastic character already and much like with Broly, I don't trust them not to destroy whatever subtlety there was so we can make pouw wittle Bwoly look more sympathetic.

They'll probably look more visually bombastic, that's for sure but the 8th film actually has a lot of quiet moments in it, lots of atmosphere to the proceedings which I'm finding more appreciation for over big, sakuga bombast.

The flashback content of Super Broly is Dragon Ball Minus + extra shit, that alone makes it worse than testicular electrocution, much less M8s flashbacks.

Freeza's motive is the stupidest thing Toriyama's shat out since Resurrection F, Paragus has the same motive as before and Broly's not a generic psycho so you're a third of the way right?
You said Broly was going to be the same character. Sorry but vomit inducing shonen is a different character than who he was before.

Just admit it, you were going to shit on this movie no matter what it did so i don't even know why you are looking at spoilers for it. Saying its modern toriyama + movie 8 + movie 12 + minus, would be enough for you without a seeing a full 10 minutes.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: *Saiyan arc.
He didnt embrace his Saiyan heritage until this moment. I dont know how you could possibly spin it otherwise. Even when Goku fights Freeza he emphasizes that hes "a Saiyan from Earth" but doesnt actually express anything towards his heritage further than literally just saying he is a Saiyan.
I don't know how you can spin it that he didn't embrace his Saiyan heritage in the Namek arc.
"I'll share some of that pride" is pretty definitive on his feelings for his heritage. Goku calling himself "Kakarot" in this movie does nothing for his character.
Wow.

How does this even remotely indicate he is embracing his pride? Because he says "I'll share some of that pride" is supposed to be validating your claim? This entire scene just boils down to mourning Vegeta's death and then leading into Goku wanting to avenge all of the people Freeza has killed. He doesn't even emphasize Saiyans, he comments on all the people Freeza kills and mentions Saiyans and Namekians. It has very little to do with embracing his Saiyan heritage.
Doctor. wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:DBS Paragus > M8 Paragus
How in the ACTUAL FUCK is this even remotely close to being true?

Are people so desperate to find qualities in this movie that they'll throw the one great thing about the original movie under the bus for it?
They're basically the same character. If anything, Paragus is the same guy except better because he also shows his savage Saiyan side by killing the friend he came with just to save food. JUST to save food, he murders this guy. Everything else is the same.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:05 pm

JazzMazz wrote:I really like that King Vegeta’s motivation for exiling Broly is just going to be jealousy over overt politics. I think that actually gives some real foregrounding as well as to who Vegeta is as a character, which I think fits perfectly with what the film is going for.
If the film is going for the angle that the sons end up like the fathers, then it falls flat because Broly is nothing like Paragus.

Interestingly enough, a story line focused on fatherhood would fit much better with the original versions of the characters. Bardock was a dick who didn't care about his son(s) until he saw the power he'd end up having, Vegeta thought of his son as an extension of himself and Paragus seemed to genuinely love Broly in a humane way; Goku ended up kindhearted and never gave his father a second thought, Vegeta loved only himself and thought of his father as a weakling, and Broly was a monster who tormented his father and forced him to see his son as nothing more than a tool. All of them contrasted not only with their fathers but with each-other as well.

That's a far more interesting contrast and dynamic than "Bardock gud, Paragus bad, Broly twagic. I clapped when I saw it!"

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:07 pm

PFM18 wrote:How does this even remotely indicate he is embracing his pride? Because he says "I'll share some of that pride" is supposed to be validating your claim? This entire scene just boils down to mourning Vegeta's death and then leading into Goku wanting to avenge all of the people Freeza has killed. He doesn't even emphasize Saiyans, he comments on all the people Freeza kills and mentions Saiyans and Namekians. It has very little to do with embracing his Saiyan heritage.
I mean, you're just ignoring what he literally says: he's going to share Vegeta's pride on their race. If you don't feel like this is embracing his Saiyan heritage when he outright refused to acknowledge himself as a Saiyan when he met Raditz, then I don't see how Goku calling himself Kakarot is any different.
PFM18 wrote:They're basically the same character. If anything, Paragus is the same guy except better because he also shows his savage Saiyan side by killing the friend he came with just to save food. JUST to save food, he murders this guy. Everything else is the same.
They're not really the same character. Paragus apparently sees Broly as a tool from the start, taking away the nuance of the character, but I'll hold on for more information before I say that with the confidence. The real problem is demonizing Paragus in favor of portraying Broly as this tragic, innocent figure.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:09 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Noitsnothim wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:The NForums summary came from a guy who knows japanese and was there at the premier.

KenXyro got his info from some friend of his at the premier who said some of the japanese was "too difficult" and couldn't even remember something as simple as if gogeta used ssg or not.

Take from that what you will
Do you have a link to this Summary i'd like to read it and compare it to KenXyro's and Geekdom's recent video
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/dr ... s.1152483/
Holy S*** Broly's Wrathful Form is basically Super Saiyan 4 just without the fur (he uses the power of the Great Ape form in His Base form and that it's very hard to control)

That's honestly very amazing (No wonder the mouth Beam in trailer #3)

Arg
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Arg » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Any descriptions of Gogeta's design out yet? Is he the classic Gogeta or does he have any redesign?

User avatar
CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Arg wrote:Any descriptions of Gogeta's design out yet? Is he the classic Gogeta or does he have any redesign?
No redesign

User avatar
BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:06 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:I really like that King Vegeta’s motivation for exiling Broly is just going to be jealousy over overt politics. I think that actually gives some real foregrounding as well as to who Vegeta is as a character, which I think fits perfectly with what the film is going for.
If the film is going for the angle that the sons end up like the fathers, then it falls flat because Broly is nothing like Paragus.

Interestingly enough, a story line focused on fatherhood would fit much better with the original versions of the characters. Bardock was a dick who didn't care about his son(s) until he saw the power he'd end up having, Vegeta thought of his son as an extension of himself and Paragus seemed to genuinely love Broly in a humane way; Goku ended up kindhearted and never gave his father a second thought, Vegeta loved only himself and thought of his father as a weakling, and Broly was a monster who tormented his father and forced him to see his son as nothing more than a tool. All of them contrasted not only with their fathers but with each-other as well.

That's a far more interesting contrast and dynamic than "Bardock gud, Paragus bad, Broly twagic. I clapped when I saw it!"
I really love your opinion. I also think the old versions were more interesting.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:The NForums summary came from a guy who knows japanese and was there at the premier.

KenXyro got his info from some friend of his at the premier who said some of the japanese was "too difficult" and couldn't even remember something as simple as if gogeta used ssg or not.

Take from that what you will
That says a lot about the credibility of these two summaries.

But one of the things I've quoted is literally just visual, just watching you can tell. That is, in a summary it is said that Goku and Vegeta SSB face Broly SSJ (which makes a lot more sense because we saw this in the trailer), and in another it is said that Goku and Vegeta SSB fights against Broly Rage (which is strange because during the entire trailer we see only Goku SSB against Rage Broly, even in the transformation scene Goku is alone), so we have a considerable difference in what refers only to a fight scene. Maybe the information was not passed correctly? According to Ken Xyro, one of his friends was not in a good place to properly understand a scene

Apparently we also have a information from Geekdom that Base Goku fights better against Broly than SSG Vegeta, which contradicts the two summaries
Read the summary on NForums if you haven't already.MShadows says goku cycles through his forms and gets his ass kicked. I bet there was a small cut where base goku didn't get annihilated but the end result is the same , even in ssg, he gets wrecked
I know, I read the summary, this is why I think that it's strange that some parts of Ken Xyro's summary are so different from the summary of MShadows, especially in parts that are just fighting, without dialogue (Goku and Vegeta Vs Broly). But apparently the summary of MShadows seems to be more accurate since the friends of Ken Xyro who watched the film had difficulties with Japanese or sat in bad places in the premiere.

And in fact, it seems that Base Goku fight better than Vegeta SSG is really a mistake

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dbzk1999 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:How does this even remotely indicate he is embracing his pride? Because he says "I'll share some of that pride" is supposed to be validating your claim? This entire scene just boils down to mourning Vegeta's death and then leading into Goku wanting to avenge all of the people Freeza has killed. He doesn't even emphasize Saiyans, he comments on all the people Freeza kills and mentions Saiyans and Namekians. It has very little to do with embracing his Saiyan heritage.
I mean, you're just ignoring what he literally says: he's going to share Vegeta's pride on their race. If you don't feel like this is embracing his Saiyan heritage when he outright refused to acknowledge himself as a Saiyan when he met Raditz, then I don't see how Goku calling himself Kakarot is any different.
PFM18 wrote:They're basically the same character. If anything, Paragus is the same guy except better because he also shows his savage Saiyan side by killing the friend he came with just to save food. JUST to save food, he murders this guy. Everything else is the same.
They're not really the same character. Paragus apparently sees Broly as a tool from the start, taking away the nuance of the character, but I'll hold on for more information before I say that with the confidence. The real problem is demonizing Paragus in favor of portraying Broly as this tragic, innocent figure.
Really not seeing how they’re “demonising” Paragus. Broly’s loyalty to him along with the fact that his murder is what truly sets him off I feel shows that while supposedly harsh he did more or less treat his son well. And that’s ignoring the whole, “leaving his planet to rescue his son” bit
Until the Battle is Won.

- WEST POINT, 2021

Post Reply