Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Shaddy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 am

That's about as backhanded a compliment I could ever see anyone giving this film. I'm actually impressed.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:35 am

Well, Dragon Ball movies tend to have pretty plain stories with blah endings. This seems to follow suit, so I'm glad I know that now instead of going in expecting something with a bit more depth. If it's directed well, which remains to be seen by most likely everyone here, then the story scenes might have some impact and effectiveness. But the ending sounds about as by the numbers as possible.
Last edited by Forte224 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:52 am

Son-Kakaroto wrote: A lot of headcanon and gymnastics to cover up a blatant inconsistency. None of what you said is even hinted by the show other then your already faulting headcanoned power scaling. Point is, the line from BoG is probably retconed therefore making ssj god not that strong and probably weaker then A (not "some" or specified version) base vegito by A LOT. So.... buuhan>ssj god (BoG) in all likelihood.
So you discredit everything that was stated in BoG now? Even though the point I mentioned about SSJG multiplier having to drop? I mean we had confirmation that Goku absorbed some of SSJGs power, so it would be impossible for the SSJG multiplier to remain the same when Goku’s base form only increased due to absorbing some of that forms power. So the base forms being that strong would definitely result in a crazy ass fusion. The whole premise of everything surrounding SSJG in BoG was based on it being something stupidly insane that everything else prior was made redundant, surely you can’t just throw out everything in that entire arc. I mean, it really isn’t that hard to understand this point I’m making. Goku’s base is shit prior, but we see in the movie, and the anime that he’s a monster after absorbing some of SSJGs power, but it would be impossible for the SSJG multiplier to be the same when Goku has basically flipped a switch that always keeps a bit of the SSJG power turned on in his base form, but ofcourse SSJG can’t use the same multiplier as it obviously can’t multiply the borrowed power (which is SSJGs own power) that the base forms use.
Surely I don’t need to clarify the times when Goku’s base power has been shown to be many times stronger post SSJG in the movies, and in the anime.
Son-Kakaroto wrote: Well, base vegito wasn't confirmed to be stronger then blue goku or vegeta in the manga, and he is definitely not stronger then mssj blue goku. A form which goku already knew of BEFORE he fused so there goes your evidence.
He may not have been confirmed to be, but that blast was clearly more than anything Zamasu was expecting, it was the only time he was pissed in that fight up until that point. And let’s not forget that, that was base Vegetto prior to having a Senzu too.
The only thing that contradicts the power of fusion is Merged Zamasu. Toriyama intended for him to be no stronger than two SSJB. But if anything that speaks for the power of the God forms, as the power of Zamasu was pretty insignificant in Toriyamas eyes, and didn’t increase SSJR Blacks power all that much. Or maybe it’s a because the fusion was made up by two people who were the same being, and it has a poor increase for that reason.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:52 am

Forte224 wrote:Well, Dragon Ball movies tend to have pretty plain stories with blah endings. This seems to follow suit, so I'm glad I know that now instead of going in expecting something with a bit more depth. If it's directed well, which remains to be seen by most likely everyone here, then the story scenes might have some impact and effectiveness. But the ending sounds about as by the numbers as possible.
I think it has a high probability of being well directed. Nagamine, unlike the directors for the previous two modern Dragonball films, can actually direct a movie. Check out One Piece Film Z which was also directed by him.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:00 am

Goku's BoG qhite starting fusion wont work against Beerus but Base Gogeta being stronger than ssjb now leads to fusion not being a multiplier or linear but more like exponents.

The two fusing is more important than the actual boost fusion gives.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:22 am

Sora Saiyan wrote: The only thing that contradicts the power of fusion is Merged Zamasu. Toriyama intended for him to be no stronger than two SSJB. But if anything that speaks for the power of the God forms, as the power of Zamasu was pretty insignificant in Toriyamas eyes, and didn’t increase SSJR Blacks power all that much. Or maybe it’s a because the fusion was made up by two people who were the same being, and it has a poor increase for that reason.
Rose Goku Black's strength never made much sense to me anyway. He's somewhat stronger than SS3 Goku and Vegeta in base but when he transforms into Rose he seems to be only somewhat stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta.

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote: The only thing that contradicts the power of fusion is Merged Zamasu. Toriyama intended for him to be no stronger than two SSJB. But if anything that speaks for the power of the God forms, as the power of Zamasu was pretty insignificant in Toriyamas eyes, and didn’t increase SSJR Blacks power all that much. Or maybe it’s a because the fusion was made up by two people who were the same being, and it has a poor increase for that reason.
Rose Goku Black's strength never made much sense to me anyway. He's somewhat stronger than SS3 Goku and Vegeta in base but when he transforms into Rose he seems to be only somewhat stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta.
It been stated that God's are stronger than mortals. Plus it was also stated Zamasu had better fighting potential than other Kai's. So it only makes sense that he would be just a tad bit stronger than Goku in Goku's own body. Goku and Vegeta at the time maxed their zenkai boost but not strength.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:38 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
That just means that the majority of his power is accessible in his base form. Dragon Ball Super should've kept following the Golden Freeza arc's idea that Gokuu and Vegeta could now only increase their strength by transforming into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and had the strength of Super Saiyan God in their normal forms. In terms of a narrative structure it just works out better to only include one transformation per battle because otherwise the transformations as a narrative point become very repetitive. Having Gokuu and Vegeta need to hold off on using Blue until they've properly assessed how their opponent fights so as to not waste their one shot at transforming also gives the transformation more gravitas.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:50 am

Diggz92 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
It been stated that God's are stronger than mortals. Plus it was also stated Zamasu had better fighting potential than other Kai's. So it only makes sense that he would be just a tad bit stronger than Goku in Goku's own body. Goku and Vegeta at the time maxed their zenkai boost but not strength.
No, that doesn't make sense

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:57 am

Speaking of the timeline again, Vegeta's 42 (physically 44) in the Boo arc and at least 46 as of ToP... but he's born 41 years ago according to this movie?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:02 am

If the spoilers are correct, Vegeta has got a new year of birth (AGE 734), there is a timeskip of five years during the flashback scenes until it reaches Dragon Ball Minus stuff (AGE 739). That makes him 46 years by Universe Survival saga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:02 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Noah wrote:Which is still a stupid scheme from Freeza thinking he would not be attacked and also stupid from Broly seeing the guy who killed his father and yet believing it was somehow Goku and Vegeta's fault. I don't know was Broly so mind f***ed controlled on that scene or what?
Why would he think he'd be attacked if he made Broli believe it was his/their fault? As far as we know, Broli doesn't know Freeza killed Paragus.

Also, maybe his plan was to buy time for him to use the Dragon Balls.
Wasn't implied that Freeza killed Paragus on his front?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:15 am

Noah wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
Noah wrote:Which is still a stupid scheme from Freeza thinking he would not be attacked and also stupid from Broly seeing the guy who killed his father and yet believing it was somehow Goku and Vegeta's fault. I don't know was Broly so mind f***ed controlled on that scene or what?
Why would he think he'd be attacked if he made Broli believe it was his/their fault? As far as we know, Broli doesn't know Freeza killed Paragus.

Also, maybe his plan was to buy time for him to use the Dragon Balls.
Wasn't implied that Freeza killed Paragus on his front?
Freeza was like that "BROLY! BROLY! LOOK YOUR FATHER GOT KILLED!" something like that, he's making him believe that it's because of his own attacks (or random attacks from the battlefield) that Paragus got killed. Broly didn't see him killing Paragus.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am

Son-Kakaroto wrote:Well, base vegito wasn't confirmed to be stronger then blue goku or vegeta in the manga, and he is definitely not stronger then mssj blue goku. A form which goku already knew of BEFORE he fused so there goes your evidence.
IIRC he appeared and performed superior to either of the SSBs individually. Even if it is left ambiguous, that doesn't even serve to contradict the claim I made because it isn't clear if he is inferior to his constituents's highest form. Goku may have known of CSSB but he hadn't used it/achieved it yet.

Even if it completely contradicts the premise I claimed,(it doesn't) it is part of an alternate continuity and doesnt contradict anything within the anime continuity.

So no, "there goes all your evidence" is not accurate.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 am

Grimlock wrote:If the spoilers are correct, Vegeta has got a new year of birth (AGE 734), there is a timeskip of five years during the flashback scenes until it reaches Dragon Ball Minus stuff (AGE 739). That makes him 46 years by Universe Survival saga.
Which is still a timeline issue. Nevermind how supremely fucked Goku's age is now.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:41 am

Grimlock wrote:If the spoilers are correct, Vegeta has got a new year of birth (AGE 734), there is a timeskip of five years during the flashback scenes until it reaches Dragon Ball Minus stuff (AGE 739). That makes him 46 years by Universe Survival saga.
What about the time he’s spent in the time chamber?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:50 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
I actually wrote my thoughts on the matter in this thread, it’s the first comment in the link. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42406&start=20

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 am

Does anyone feel like it gonna be Bojack for next arc?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:00 pm

vashter wrote:Does anyone feel like it gonna be Bojack for next arc?
Nope, I don't see why. Original character is my guess.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:14 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Which is still a timeline issue. Nevermind how supremely fucked Goku's age is now.
Well, all it does is telling us that Vegeta is actually two years younger than what databook established and that Goku has two years of birth, AGE 736 (if you take Gine's word literally) or AGE 737 (if you think Gine rounded it up).

An issue would be Bulma's case. She has three years of birth (AGE 733 - manga / AGE 734 - Jaco manga / AGE 740 - Movie 14). Two of them you can mix up while the other contradicts everything and has to go.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~