Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RedHeat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:"Dragon Ball Super is getting a 1 hour special on December 2nd on Fuji TV in anticipation for the Broly movie."

I saw this in YonkouProductions' twitter.
Does it say it's an actual animated thing, or is it gonna be like documentary?
Feels over Reals.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Found it on Reddit. WCI Gogeta peak
https://m.imgur.com/jgi6Fzu?r
Edit: fixed it

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Found it on Reddit. WCI Gogeta peak
That's from another post viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37626&start=1520#p1558774

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:48 pm

RedHeat wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:"Dragon Ball Super is getting a 1 hour special on December 2nd on Fuji TV in anticipation for the Broly movie."

Does it say it's an actual animated thing, or is it gonna be like documentary?
No, there's nothing specific about the contents.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:Found it on Reddit. WCI Gogeta peak
That's from another post viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37626&start=1520#p1558774
Whoops. It does make sense that it would be there first lol

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:01 pm

No offense to Yonkou, but why would you take his word about what it says over Herms?
Herms wrote:Fuji TV will air some sort of special program celebrating the release of DBS: Broly on Sunday December 2nd at 9:00 AM in Japan (Super's old time-slot). There's no specifics on what this program will actually consist of, but I wouldn't expect more than one long commercial for the movie, and/or some kind of behind-the-scenes look at it. Don't expect a new DBS episode, is what I'm saying.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Actually I totally forgot about Herms :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:41 pm

JazzMazz wrote:I'm thinking an arc that made some deviations from the movies and went into more depth than the movie did, while also at least being competently animated and directed through could work maybe as a really short arc(9 episode to 12 is the most I think).
I totally agree. I would appreciate a 12 episode retelling arc assuming that the animation is competent. The "deviations" you alluded to would hopefully change Freeza's intended wish because that shit is ridiculous. I would also like to see more context about Goku's send off, and frame it like he was planned to be sent off to Earth to conquer it but Bardock sent him early because he was worried rather than solely sending him out of worry for the sake of the planet. It could include the other half of Toriyama's storyboards, and include SSBE and SSBKK for continuity/consistency purposes.

And I would simply prefer it be possible to watch Super though and get the entire story without having to worry about watching a movie halfway through that doesnt even adhere to the anime continuity.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm glad this movie is set in Toriyama's continuity, which are the movies.

(thus no doubt about his "existence"), no Toei's or Toyotaro's exclusive transformations, Vegeta will at last display his Super Saiyan God, as hinted at the end of Movie 14 that he would get it.
Just read a full summary of the movie and no Tarble. Glad if he’s mentioned.
So disappointed they let those full summaries to go out , don’t understand why , don’t they will affect the movie ticket sales?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:06 pm

prince212 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I'm glad this movie is set in Toriyama's continuity, which are the movies.

(thus no doubt about his "existence"), no Toei's or Toyotaro's exclusive transformations, Vegeta will at last display his Super Saiyan God, as hinted at the end of Movie 14 that he would get it.
So disappointed they let those full summaries to go out , don’t understand why , don’t they will affect the movie ticket sales?
What you talking about? No it won't, way toooooooo many people love summary plus summary is said by people who saw the movie, not some internet writers who put it out there

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:10 pm

I find it funny that the form that Broly is known for did nothing but get humiliated by Gogeta.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:11 pm

vashter wrote:
prince212 wrote:

What you talking about? No it won't, way toooooooo many people love summary plus summary is said by people who saw the movie, not some internet writers who put it out there
Ok ok ... is that happening with all the movies in this full extension?
Seriously the summary that I just read is huge with all details
Ah I found 5e Tarble reference.. no details on that or how he escaped
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:30 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:I find it funny that the form that Broly is known for did nothing but get humiliated by Gogeta.
Funny.. Or sad???

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:I find it funny that the form that Broly is known for did nothing but get humiliated by Gogeta.
Funny.. Or sad???
I'd say sad. I guess you could put it having a similar circumstance to Super Saiyan God. I mean Beerus didn't stomp Goku, even though he could have. But it sounds disappointing to have Gogeta win badly. I'm sure that's one of the reasons people preferred Vegetto vs Zamasu in the anime to the manga. In the anime it doesn't feel nearly as much as a stomp as it was in the Manga. It was kinda refreshing for a fusion at least in power to not be the end all be all like in most other showings. But hopefully Broly gets a good fight in before going down.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:24 am

Has anyone actually seen the trailer for this movie in theatres with anything?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Funny.. Or sad???
I'd say sad. I guess you could put it having a similar circumstance to Super Saiyan God. I mean Beerus didn't stomp Goku, even though he could have. But it sounds disappointing to have Gogeta win badly. I'm sure that's one of the reasons people preferred Vegetto vs Zamasu in the anime to the manga. In the anime it doesn't feel nearly as much as a stomp as it was in the Manga. It was kinda refreshing for a fusion at least in power to not be the end all be all like in most other showings. But hopefully Broly gets a good fight in before going down.
These fights should have been reversed. Vegito Blue should have totally curbstomped Fused Zamasu while Gogeta Blue should’ve at least had a decent amount of trouble with Broly, considering Broly is known for his endless powerups, while Fused Zamasu didn’t seem to inherit that ability from Goku Black. Broly should logically have won against Gogeta Blue for that reason alone. Infinite Zenkai Spamming. So yeah, it’s kind of pathetic for him to lose that badly and having to be saved by a “wish” of all things. Truly sad.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 am

prince212 wrote:

Tarble's name is not mentionned, but there's a reference to him when Raditz or someone else asks Vegeta if he had a little brother and basically Vegeta replied by saying "Yeah, but I don't know where he is..."
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:44 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: These fights should have been reversed. Vegito Blue should have totally curbstomped Fused Zamasu while Gogeta Blue should’ve at least had a decent amount of trouble with Broly, considering Broly is known for his endless powerups, while Fused Zamasu didn’t seem to inherit that ability from Goku Black. Broly should logically have won against Gogeta Blue for that reason alone. Infinite Zenkai Spamming. So yeah, it’s kind of pathetic for him to lose that badly and having to be saved by a “wish” of all things. Truly sad.
These Metamoru debates vs Potara fusion debates have no meaning anymore because their mechanics are constantly being changed and the power-ups were only ever as strong as plot needed it to be.

People cling on to Elder Kaioshin's statement about Potara being superior so adamantly, yet he is the same bloke who said Goku & Vegeta were going to be stuck forever. Also said that he was sealed away by some bad guy (Beerus) "almost as terrible as Buu" because the bad guy was "afraid." Yes they are retcons, but they also make his narrative influence far less reliable.

Gogeta may very well be the far, far superior fusion to Vegetto. As the film implies.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Rakurai wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: These fights should have been reversed. Vegito Blue should have totally curbstomped Fused Zamasu while Gogeta Blue should’ve at least had a decent amount of trouble with Broly, considering Broly is known for his endless powerups, while Fused Zamasu didn’t seem to inherit that ability from Goku Black. Broly should logically have won against Gogeta Blue for that reason alone. Infinite Zenkai Spamming. So yeah, it’s kind of pathetic for him to lose that badly and having to be saved by a “wish” of all things. Truly sad.
These Metamoru debates vs Potara fusion debates have no meaning anymore because their mechanics are constantly being changed and the power-ups were only ever as strong as plot needed it to be.

People cling on to Elder Kaioshin's statement about Potara being superior so adamantly, yet he is the same bloke who said Goku & Vegeta were going to be stuck forever. Also said that he was sealed away by some bad guy (Beerus) "almost as terrible as Buu" because the bad guy was "afraid." Yes they are retcons, but they also make his narrative influence far less reliable.

Gogeta may very well be the far, far superior fusion to Vegetto. As the film implies.
Elder Kaioshin only said the Potara fusion was more effective, that's it.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Rakurai wrote:

You are comparing a Post-ToP Gogeta to a Black arc Vegito, so of course Gogeta would be stronger here. That says nothing about the actual power of metamorian fusion vs potara fusion, nor how strong a Post-ToP Vegito would be.

Also, potara being stronger than metamorian fusion is backed up by every single guide in the franchise.