Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Funny.. Or sad???
I'd say sad. I guess you could put it having a similar circumstance to Super Saiyan God. I mean Beerus didn't stomp Goku, even though he could have. But it sounds disappointing to have Gogeta win badly. I'm sure that's one of the reasons people preferred Vegetto vs Zamasu in the anime to the manga. In the anime it doesn't feel nearly as much as a stomp as it was in the Manga. It was kinda refreshing for a fusion at least in power to not be the end all be all like in most other showings. But hopefully Broly gets a good fight in before going down.
These fights should have been reversed. Vegito Blue should have totally curbstomped Fused Zamasu while Gogeta Blue should’ve at least had a decent amount of trouble with Broly, considering Broly is known for his endless powerups, while Fused Zamasu didn’t seem to inherit that ability from Goku Black. Broly should logically have won against Gogeta Blue for that reason alone. Infinite Zenkai Spamming. So yeah, it’s kind of pathetic for him to lose that badly and having to be saved by a “wish” of all things. Truly sad.
No, Vegito Blue should not have stomped Merged Zamasu in the anime. If anything Merged Zamasu should have been the stronger one, since Goku Black in his prime was stronger than Goku and Vegeta added together, and Future Zamasu was at least early SSB-level in power. So the resulting potara fusion between the 2 should have been stronger than Vegito Blue.

And Merged Zamasu did inherent Goku Black broken zenkai ability in the anime (he was outright said to be getting stronger as the fight went on).

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:08 pm

zarmack wrote:
You are comparing a Post-ToP Gogeta to a Black arc Vegito, so of course Gogeta would be stronger here. That says nothing about the actual power of metamorian fusion vs potara fusion, nor how strong a Post-ToP Vegito would be.

Also, potara being stronger than metamorian fusion is backed up by every single guide in the franchise.
I'm not saying Metamora fusion is definitively the superior fusion. I'm saying that it can be just as strong.

Potara being permanent was also backed up by every single guide in the franchise. Until Toriyama retconned it of course. Daizenshuus and SEG and Chozenshuus mean jack to Super.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:35 am

Screenshots from Movie from a French Fan

Credit goes to Terez27 on reddit for compiling this image

https://imgur.com/a/JlHah9T

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:12 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Screenshots from Movie from a French Fan

There it is. There’s the Stardust Breaker.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:19 am

zarmack wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I'd say sad. I guess you could put it having a similar circumstance to Super Saiyan God. I mean Beerus didn't stomp Goku, even though he could have. But it sounds disappointing to have Gogeta win badly. I'm sure that's one of the reasons people preferred Vegetto vs Zamasu in the anime to the manga. In the anime it doesn't feel nearly as much as a stomp as it was in the Manga. It was kinda refreshing for a fusion at least in power to not be the end all be all like in most other showings. But hopefully Broly gets a good fight in before going down.
These fights should have been reversed. Vegito Blue should have totally curbstomped Fused Zamasu while Gogeta Blue should’ve at least had a decent amount of trouble with Broly, considering Broly is known for his endless powerups, while Fused Zamasu didn’t seem to inherit that ability from Goku Black. Broly should logically have won against Gogeta Blue for that reason alone. Infinite Zenkai Spamming. So yeah, it’s kind of pathetic for him to lose that badly and having to be saved by a “wish” of all things. Truly sad.
No, Vegito Blue should not have stomped Merged Zamasu in the anime. If anything Merged Zamasu should have been the stronger one, since Goku Black in his prime was stronger than Goku and Vegeta added together, and Future Zamasu was at least early SSB-level in power. So the resulting potara fusion between the 2 should have been stronger than Vegito Blue.

And Merged Zamasu did inherent Goku Black broken zenkai ability in the anime (he was outright said to be getting stronger as the fight went on).
You have no idea how wrong you are dude. Future Zamasu isn’t anywhere NEAR the level of a SSJ Blue. The only reason he is able to compete with Goku and Vegeta so well is because of his immortality. His immortality provides him not only with instant healing, but with instant regeneration aswell. And Goku Black wasn’t stronger than Goku and Vegeta at all. In fact, Vegeta not only surpassed and curbstomped him, but he get another power up after that when he was struggling against Merged Zamasu, and especially Goku got an insane power boost to the point where he actually overpowered Zamasu in a beam struggle.

Goku and Vegeta as high tier SSJ Blue equals >>>> Goku Black and Future Zamasu.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:25 am

TheOne wrote: First off, who said that LSS appears AFTER Gogeta? The trailer showed LSS Broly appearing in front of SSB Goku.
This does. From this summary, compiled of information from very trustworthy sources, some scenes that happen in the trailers don't actually happen in the film. Not the first time trailers are used to mislead audiences on what actually happens in the film.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:57 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
TheOne wrote: First off, who said that LSS appears AFTER Gogeta? The trailer showed LSS Broly appearing in front of SSB Goku.
This does. From this summary, compiled of information from very trustworthy sources, some scenes that happen in the trailers don't actually happen in the film. Not the first time trailers are used to mislead audiences on what actually happens in the film.
I don't think it's misleading/footage that doesn't appear in the film. If you guys are referring to that scene where Broly comes up out of the ground with the crazy red eyes and all that, I'd wager he's not going full power there. It's likely that he's just powering up. The trailer never actually showed LSSJ Broly at any point with anyone else on screen. That scene you're thinking of likely isn't his full power moment.

And yes, TheOne, its been repeated by every source that LSSJ Broly shows up after Gogeta appears.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:20 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
zarmack wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: These fights should have been reversed. Vegito Blue should have totally curbstomped Fused Zamasu while Gogeta Blue should’ve at least had a decent amount of trouble with Broly, considering Broly is known for his endless powerups, while Fused Zamasu didn’t seem to inherit that ability from Goku Black. Broly should logically have won against Gogeta Blue for that reason alone. Infinite Zenkai Spamming. So yeah, it’s kind of pathetic for him to lose that badly and having to be saved by a “wish” of all things. Truly sad.

You have no idea how wrong you are dude. Future Zamasu isn’t anywhere NEAR the level of a SSJ Blue. The only reason he is able to compete with Goku and Vegeta so well is because of his immortality. His immortality provides him not only with instant healing, but with instant regeneration aswell. And Goku Black wasn’t stronger than Goku and Vegeta at all. In fact, Vegeta not only surpassed and curbstomped him, but he get another power up after that when he was struggling against Merged Zamasu, and especially Goku got an insane power boost to the point where he actually overpowered Zamasu in a beam struggle.

Goku and Vegeta as high tier SSJ Blue equals >>>> Goku Black and Future Zamasu.
1. Future Zamasu in the anime was undeniably SSB level. He was able to flat out beat up and fight SSB Goku/Vegeta and Rage Trunks several times in the arc. He has too many feats that prove he is SSB level in the anime, if he wasn't then he would been treated as pure fodder regardless of his immortality.

2. Goku Black in his prime was confirmed to be the strongest non-fused character (below Beerus and excluding Spirit Sword Trunks) in the Black arc. He surpassed Vegeta and Goku again when he pulled put his scythe and created multiple clones to fight them.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:49 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Screenshots from Movie from a French Fan

Snuck in some pics.

Some of those animation shots don't look good.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:57 am

So is Gogeta confirmed in the new movie? I keep hearing rumors of early screenings that say Gogeta is in it?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:So is Gogeta confirmed in the new movie? I keep hearing rumors of early screenings that say Gogeta is in it?
Yes, he is in the movie.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:08 am

BrolyKale wrote:
OWmyDragonBallz wrote:So is Gogeta confirmed in the new movie? I keep hearing rumors of early screenings that say Gogeta is in it?
Yes, he is in the movie.
Strange how it’s not reported on the Kanzenshuu news feed.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:10 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Yes, he is in the movie.
If you scroll up you will see screenshots of Gogeta.

EDIT: Toei became aware of the leaks and they are very angry and they might take it out on all sites who posted them.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:04 am

PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyandoctor wrote:
Noah wrote:
Er... What? Are you comparing this Broly to his Movie 8 or his Movie 10 counterpart? Cause if yes, no... As M8 Broly talks a lot too, if M10 then I probably this Broly has more lines than him.
Movie 8 as I said the original
He doesn't have any douchey one-liners like he does in the first one. Once he enters his rampage, I don't think he speaks at all but I haven't actually seen the movie yet either. As far as I understand, he at least doesn't talk during his time as a SSJ/LSSJ like he does in Movie 8.

Thanks for that. Also, do you know if they ended up retconing Vegeta's age or is he still older than Goku?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 am

It is bad that Bardock won't face Freeza wearing his old outfit or at least his badanna, as seen in the TV Special and blatantly established in the manga, but oh well... Just the fact that he will face him may be enough, as it prevents the character from ruination.

And then there is Gogeta... Would like to see him using Super Saiyan God, but at least I'm gonna get his base form after so many decades.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:18 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyandoctor wrote:
Movie 8 as I said the original
He doesn't have any douchey one-liners like he does in the first one. Once he enters his rampage, I don't think he speaks at all but I haven't actually seen the movie yet either. As far as I understand, he at least doesn't talk during his time as a SSJ/LSSJ like he does in Movie 8.

Thanks for that. Also, do you know if they ended up retconing Vegeta's age or is he still older than Goku?
He's still older than Goku, but Vegeta is as old as Broly iirc

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:24 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Yes, he is in the movie.
He hasn't been officially revealed yet so it's still supposed to be a 'secret.' But he's been confirmed by people who saw the Nov 14 early screening, by leaked merchandise images(there's an picture of a base form WCF figure in the merch thread), by one of the animators on the film mentioning that he was practicing Gogeta on nico livestream a month or two, by dataminers who found incomplete data for him and Broly in the last Xenoverse 2 update, and now by screenshots of him. They really just need to get off their duffs and announce him already.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 am

BrolyKale wrote:EDIT: Toei became aware of the leaks and they are very angry and they might take it out on all sites who posted them.
Good luck with that :lol: Remember the Beyoncé ugly pic she never succeeded to erase that damn cursed picture. Toei should learn the lesson, never invite gaijin into such event like this. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Bebi Hatchiyack on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:57 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:EDIT: Toei became aware of the leaks and they are very angry and they might take it out on all sites who posted them.
Good luck with that :lol: Remember the Beyond ugly pic she never succeeded to erase that damn cursed picture. Toei should learn the lesson, never invite gaijin into such event like this. :mrgreen:
Indeed, I believe the appropriate phrase for this situation is "to close the stable door after the horse has bolted". Information is not unlike a virus on the internet. Those images have likely spread far and wide by now, even if they succeed in getting them taken down, they'll just show up again. Hell multiple youtube channels have shown them.

Enjoy that fruitless task Toei.

On that note, Gogeta look great and I'm glade hes got an attack the references soul punisher.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:32 am

Where did they say that? Did they publish a press release or something?