Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 am

TheRed259 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:EDIT: Toei became aware of the leaks and they are very angry and they might take it out on all sites who posted them.
Where did they say that? Did they publish a press release or something?
I've seen it from a french guy called "Saikyo Devin" he is trustworthy and well known in France. https://twitter.com/SaikyoDevin/status/ ... 8657459201
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Good thing Toei is doing this, "fans" should have more respect for the product.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Gogeta's demeanor in these shots reminds me a lot of Vegetto.

Not a fan of the yellow portion on his vest instead of orange, but I can overlook it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:03 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Screenshots from Movie from a French Fan: https://imgur.com/a/JlHah9T
Well, I can say I'm happy that for the first time we'll see Base Gogeta.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Not used to seeing Gogeta without his Vegeta's widow's peak; looks good though. All the screenshot photos look pretty good. The yellow vest...I don't care if it's yellow or orange. Looks fine.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 pm

kudo6000 wrote:Gogeta's demeanor in these shots reminds me a lot of Vegetto.

Not a fan of the yellow portion on his vest instead of orange, but I can overlook it.
Yeah he doesn't look very serious in these images, don't remember the summary exactly but iirc he toyed with Broly in Blue so that means he literally is just a Vegetto 2.0

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:27 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Good thing Toei is doing this, "fans" should have more respect for the product.

Yes i somehow agree, but why didn't they say anything when the complete detailed synopsis was brought online a few weeks ago, and now these few pics of Gogeta suddenly seem a much bigger deal?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:Yes i somehow agree, but why didn't they say anything when the complete detailed synopsis was brought online a few weeks ago, and now these few pics of Gogeta suddenly seem a much bigger deal?
Pictures are different than a written summary.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:39 pm

supersaiyandoctor wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyandoctor wrote:
Movie 8 as I said the original
He doesn't have any douchey one-liners like he does in the first one. Once he enters his rampage, I don't think he speaks at all but I haven't actually seen the movie yet either. As far as I understand, he at least doesn't talk during his time as a SSJ/LSSJ like he does in Movie 8.

Thanks for that. Also, do you know if they ended up retconing Vegeta's age or is he still older than Goku?
There was no retcon of Vegeta's age, it just appeared that way from the trailer, but all sources so far have confirmed that he is older than Goku.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Gogeta was so strong he could afford to mess around with a dude whose power grows by every second :lol:

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:53 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Gogeta was so strong he could afford to mess around with a dude whose power grows by every second :lol:
That's not Gogeta tho, he goes out of his way to finish his opponent quickly in his original debut

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:00 pm

It is in line with GT's Gogeta, amusingly enough.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:14 pm

Love it how they draw Broly bigger in some scenes to make him a more threatening (SSJ Broly vs Gogeta and Freeza). No static designs anymore, everything is in function of the animation.
Was at first a bit appointed there was no Red Gogeta, now i can see the colors match when SSJ Gogeta vs SSJ Broly. It kinda makes sense visually.

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:Love it how they draw Broly bigger in some scenes to make him a more threatening (SSJ Broly vs Gogeta and Freeza). No static designs anymore, everything is in function of the animation.
Was at first a bit appointed there was no Red Gogeta, now i can see the colors match when SSJ Gogeta vs SSJ Broly. It kinda makes sense visually.
It also keeps consistent with gotenks colors.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:It is in line with GT's Gogeta, amusingly enough.
Honestly he seems like Vegetto. I guess it makes sense that the fusion of Goku and Vegeta would always end up with the same mentality. Movie 12 Gogeta ends up being the most odd when we look at the fusions throughout the series.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Artorias wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
TheOne wrote: First off, who said that LSS appears AFTER Gogeta? The trailer showed LSS Broly appearing in front of SSB Goku.
This does. From this summary, compiled of information from very trustworthy sources, some scenes that happen in the trailers don't actually happen in the film. Not the first time trailers are used to mislead audiences on what actually happens in the film.
I don't think it's misleading/footage that doesn't appear in the film. If you guys are referring to that scene where Broly comes up out of the ground with the crazy red eyes and all that, I'd wager he's not going full power there. It's likely that he's just powering up. The trailer never actually showed LSSJ Broly at any point with anyone else on screen. That scene you're thinking of likely isn't his full power moment.

And yes, TheOne, its been repeated by every source that LSSJ Broly shows up after Gogeta appears.
Ah yes, you might actually be right. But consider the third trailer, where it shows Broly in his Ikari form taking shots at Whis, and the first trailer where Ikari Broly is fighting Freeza.
Though again, you might be totally right, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did put in scenes in the film that didn't appear in the movie, similar to Infinity War, where they did so out of respect for the audience's intelligence.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:It is in line with GT's Gogeta, amusingly enough.
Honestly he seems like Vegetto. I guess it makes sense that the fusion of Goku and Vegeta would always end up with the same mentality. Movie 12 Gogeta ends up being the most odd when we look at the fusions throughout the series.
Well, you need to take into attention that Janemba wasn't able to speak and think rationally, so Gogeta wouldn't take much enjoyment out of prolonging his fight with someone like that.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Gogeta was so strong he could afford to mess around with a dude whose power grows by every second :lol:
That's not Gogeta tho, he goes out of his way to finish his opponent quickly in his original debut
He got the job done and that's all that really matters. He's also the first fusion in "canon" to ever actually accomplish that. SSJ Vegetto, Gotenks each time, and SSB Vegetto all failed and now SSB Gogeta will be the first to actually defeat the enemy.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Since they cut off some script...Do you think they will do an extended cut version of the Broly movie like they did BoG?

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:47 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: This does. From this summary, compiled of information from very trustworthy sources, some scenes that happen in the trailers don't actually happen in the film. Not the first time trailers are used to mislead audiences on what actually happens in the film.

This is just regular SSJ Broly, btw:
Just after transforming, most likely(hence why he is still wearing the armor.)

LSSJ/FPSSJ Broly only appears AFTER Gogeta enters the fray -- ergo the lack of armor: