Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Forte224 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:31 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Gogeta regains his old widows peak in this scene. I think I will always prefer this design over the one that is more in line with Shintani's character sheet, simply because you can split his face vertically and can see Vegeta's face on the left side and Goku's on the right.
What crazy fan theories are people talking about when saying this?
Pretty sure he just means that if you cover up the left (Gogeta's left) side of his face, it looks like Vegeta because there's no bang and a widow's peak. But if you cover up the other side, he looks like Goku because of the bang.

My mind is blown by the way LimitbreakerKrillin.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Kefla base defeated an extremely tired Goku SSG, and only Goku SSB (equally tired) was able to match the Kefla SSJ Berserker. She is not even close

And Broly did not defeat Goku SSG in base form, we know he was using another form, with yellow eyes with pupils and with larger muscles
fatigue atrophies the transformation but not enough so that the difference is abysmal.
but at least goku uses the Blueken and the UI against kefla but he will not use with broly

worse yet .. if you can not use it in base

The fact that SSB Goku extremely tired was able to rival SSJ Kefla and just used the Blue Kaioken to end the fight before he ran out of energy shows that yes, the difference was quite considerable.

The power up of SSJ Berserker made Kale able to face Goku SSG, and even so after transforming into SSB (tired), Goku was able to rival Kefla transformed (though Kefla base was defeating the SSG), showing that the power up of Blue is much higher.t
where he says that the difference is so great goku can maintain a fight and also the transformation despite the fatigue but still can double the blueken is still a great power
besides that I use the "UI omen" against kelfa

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:everything seems to indicate that broly and kefla have a similar level
Miracles wrote: Broly's motivation wasn't Kakarot's crying. His motive as the Legendary destructive Super Saiyan was simply choas and he took it on with a smile.
Come on, the whole victimization skit is played out too. At least the evil chaos embracing character fits the role of legendary Super Saiyan.
all this falls apart when he loses control by the "crying" of goten, believing that it is kakarot there is no way to excuse that
Paragus in movie 8 already revealed Broly's intentions when he told Vegeta, Broly won't be content unless the entire universe is destroyed.
Baby Kakarot making infant Broly cry is part of the destined encounter the two would have down the line with Goku again, coming out on top.
You're movie 10 example of Goten reminding Broly of Goku's crying only connected it with his recent defeat by Goku [Going back to the destiny tie-in theme]. Broly was just a straight up menace.
It seems to me that the above analogous there is no mention to that you only suppose.
broly was quite obsessed with kakarot in a ridiculous way because he cried a lot, goku was not stronger than him and did not even know him. his determination to want to kill he does not really have any logic
broly is inconsistent in his actions once saved his father when he was a baby but then after years decides to kill, what I said the guy is crazy
in the second movie he seems to have no reasoning whatsoever to say that. in fact he confuses goten with goku

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:08 am

Forte224 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Gogeta regains his old widows peak in this scene. I think I will always prefer this design over the one that is more in line with Shintani's character sheet, simply because you can split his face vertically and can see Vegeta's face on the left side and Goku's on the right.
What crazy fan theories are people talking about when saying this?
Pretty sure he just means that if you cover up the left (Gogeta's left) side of his face, it looks like Vegeta because there's no bang and a widow's peak. But if you cover up the other side, he looks like Goku because of the bang.

But, thats just complete bullshit?

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:28 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:What crazy fan theories are people talking about when saying this?

It's not? It kind of does look like one or the other if you split the face in half. No one is saying it's artist's intentions or anything. It's just kind of how it looks.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:42 am

Forte224 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Pretty sure he just means that if you cover up the left (Gogeta's left) side of his face, it looks like Vegeta because there's no bang and a widow's peak. But if you cover up the other side, he looks like Goku because of the bang.

It's not? It kind of does look like one or the other if you split the face in half. No one is saying it's artist's intentions or anything. It's just kind of how it looks.
It totally is though.

Its purely a figment of peoples imagination, hell, I wouldn't even say there is a real difference between the halves of the face beyond slight a-symmetry which is common among every artist and animators work on the series.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 am

Tai Lung wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:everything seems to indicate that broly and kefla have a similar level

all this falls apart when he loses control by the "crying" of goten, believing that it is kakarot there is no way to excuse that
Paragus in movie 8 already revealed Broly's intentions when he told Vegeta, Broly won't be content unless the entire universe is destroyed.
Baby Kakarot making infant Broly cry is part of the destined encounter the two would have down the line with Goku again, coming out on top.
You're movie 10 example of Goten reminding Broly of Goku's crying only connected it with his recent defeat by Goku [Going back to the destiny tie-in theme]. Broly was just a straight up menace.
It seems to me that the above analogous there is no mention to that you only suppose.
broly was quite obsessed with kakarot in a ridiculous way because he cried a lot, goku was not stronger than him and did not even know him. his determination to want to kill he does not really have any logic
broly is inconsistent in his actions once saved his father when he was a baby but then after years decides to kill, what I said the guy is crazy
in the second movie he seems to have no reasoning whatsoever to say that. in fact he confuses goten with goku
In movie 10 Broly had a reason to fight Goku. When he heard Goten crying it reminded him of baby Kakarot and his defeat to him in movie 8. Broly didn't save Paragus, it was shown that Paragus by chance was already holding baby Broly's hand and unconsciously protected his father. However, legendary Broly killed Paragus for betrayal and was shown to harm Paragus in times past as a kid, due to his power. Otherwise, he wouldn't need to be controlled. I'm also not making up any analogies. It was stated by Paragus that the reason why Kakarot triggered Broly's "saiyan instincts" and could become uncontrollable is because of their fate being born on the sameday one after another. Then we see the flashback explaining how Kid Goku made kid Broly cry despite having a weaker battle power. This was a foreshadow of what would come later when Goku and Broly battled each other. Right before the final blow, the camera flashbacks to baby Goku making Broly cry, signaling his future defeat, at the hands of Goku again.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:17 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:But, thats just complete bullshit?
It totally is though.

Its purely a figment of peoples imagination, hell, I wouldn't even say there is a real difference between the halves of the face beyond slight a-symmetry which is common among every artist and animators work on the series.
You're making more out of this than you need to. We're talking about a fusion of Goku and Vegeta. Gogeta has a widow's peak like Vegeta, and a bang like Goku. Simple as that. When split in half, you can naturally see the resemblance to the respective character.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 am

Forte224 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Forte224 wrote: It's not? It kind of does look like one or the other if you split the face in half. No one is saying it's artist's intentions or anything. It's just kind of how it looks.
It totally is though.

You're making more out of this than you need to. We're talking about a fusion of Goku and Vegeta. Gogeta has a widow's peak like Vegeta, and a bang like Goku. Simple as that. When split in half, you can naturally see the resemblance to the respective character.
I'm the one making more out of this?

You're the one displaying a scary understanding of how shading and lighting works. Yes, it has a peak and a bang, it doesn't really say anything when you split them in half though.

Just ending this here.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: It totally is though.

I'm the one making more out of this?

You're the one displaying a scary understanding of how shading and lighting works. Yes, it has a peak and a bang, it doesn't really say anything when you split them in half though.

Just ending this here.
Fair enough. Once again, it's just noting a subtle visual similarity of 2 characters fused together into 1. But I'm glad the random bickering stops here.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:48 am

Ehh, the yellow shoulder guards don't really match the "new" Gogeta. Always preferred the orange scheme anyhow.

Toriyama couldn't have left that alone either, could he? He retcons shit all the time but when it comes to fusion clothes oh no sir we gotta be consistent about that!
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 am

So you're getting on Toriyama for changing things, but claiming that in this case he hasn't changed it enough. Hm.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 am

Rakurai wrote:Ehh, the yellow shoulder guards don't really match the "new" Gogeta. Always preferred the orange scheme anyhow.

Toriyama couldn't have left that alone either, could he? He retcons shit all the time but when it comes to fusion clothes oh no sir we gotta be consistent about that!
It's not even consistent with Gotenks' lol. The jacket or whatever it's called is black instead or blue

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:So at the basic level, it is a mix of DB Minus, bunch of Movie 8 references and straight up ripping off Movie 12. Lmao Toriyama. Not that surprising, but still pretty funny. JP fan reactions will be fun to follow.
Do you mind telling me where you follow the Japanese fans reactions?
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:53 am

Tai Lung wrote:Why would that have something wrong?, we are talking about the "UI" the skill of the gods with which it surpasses jiren and beerus.
fusion potara, not fusion dance
but goku I use the blueken and the "UI" to face kefla but not against broly so ...
yes, I ignore it because it does not seem to be very relevant since it never clarifies how much its power increases .. it can be minimal
And what exactly does this prove? Gogeta is stronger than Kefla by miles, saying just because he didn't use a form that Broly is weaker or as strong as a second release Omen is ridiculous.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 am

TheNingen wrote:I think I must be stupid because I still don't understand what the BR in 'Broly: BR' stands for.
Brazil :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:28 am

Rakurai wrote:Toriyama couldn't have left that alone either, could he?
There's nothing to "leave alone".

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:09 am

New poster

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 am

Nice poster! Gogeta looks good. I like that he does still have some widows peak. Without it his hair'd look too much like Gohan's.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 am

Miracles wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote: The classic Broly embraced being evil. While this Broly seems to be a victim. According to the spoilers but I take everyone of them with a grain of salt.
That's painfully generic. "look, another guy is evil just because! Oh, and he's really strong!" And it makes it that much more dumb as a character when you realize his main motivation was related to a baby crying next to him.

Him being a more sympathetic character makes him infinitely more interesting.
Broly's motivation wasn't Kakarot's crying. His motive as the Legendary destructive Super Saiyan was simply choas and he took it on with a smile.
Come on, the whole victimization skit is played out too. At least the evil chaos embracing character fits the role of legendary Super Saiyan.
Exactly. Villains having a sob story background for their reason to be evil is even more generic than just being evil. I much prefer the old Broly who was actually evil and not a soft innocent boy with rage issues. New Broly is basically a Gohan rip off