Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4361
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Michsi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:Didn't they say that the new Kitaro series would last a year? It started in March so that would mean a less than 20 episodes. Or maybe they meant at least a year. Either way, I' fine with them taking their time, especially if that means a healthier schedule for the staff.

Side note though, I think we should wait for an official confirmation before get caught up in expectations like this. Not saying there is no way a VA wouldn't know about these things, but it's also not the safest source.
I believe their only statement was that it was guaranteed to last "at least" 50 episodes.

Then that would mean they have around 15 episodes left and it would end in March, right when the spring season starts.

Lukmendes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Interesting, makes you wonder why Goku needed to do the ritual when that was made out to be the main method. I'd one day like to know how Vegeta did it.
Well, Vegeta had to be trained by Whis himself to be able to do it, and that took months, back in BoG they didn't have time since Beerus wasn't really being patient, plus Shenlong never said there was an alternate method too...

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Interesting, makes you wonder why Goku needed to do the ritual when that was made out to be the main method. I'd one day like to know how Vegeta did it.
Well, Vegeta had to be trained by Whis himself to be able to do it, and that took months, back in BoG they didn't have time since Beerus wasn't really being patient, plus Shenlong never said there was an alternate method too...
I dont know if its a dub only line but I distinctly remember in the english version Shenron specifies the ritual as the 'only' method. Could well be the case that it's another issue like the 'brilliant scientist' comment.

I just wonder what kind of training Whis gave Vegeta to do it. It can;t be just generic power training because if it were there'd be no reason other characters dont have it. You could send Gohan and the others to Whis if needed for the TOP and have them go in the room of spirit and time.

I guess I'd just like to know the methodology and HOW Whis trained him

Lukmendes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I dont know if its a dub only line but I distinctly remember in the english version Shenron specifies the ritual as the 'only' method. Could well be the case that it's another issue like the 'brilliant scientist' comment.
Just checked both versions of the anime here, the way they were worded is the same-ish, saying that it's a method to make one, but he doesn't hint that it's the only one, plus he was also quoting the Namekian book of mythology so it's kinda vague how much of it is his actualy knowledge... The movie version of BoG however, does say that it's the only method, and that's on the Japanese version, so they just quietly retconned that away.
I just wonder what kind of training Whis gave Vegeta to do it. It can;t be just generic power training because if it were there'd be no reason other characters dont have it. You could send Gohan and the others to Whis if needed for the TOP and have them go in the room of spirit and time.

I guess I'd just like to know the methodology and HOW Whis trained him
Well, Super has shown that someone can be trained to become a god of destruction, so god ki is something possible to be obtained, the how is anyone's guess though, specialy since Whis' training didn't look like it had anything different enough that it'd help to get god ki, just better regular ki control at best... Just one of those things DB won't bother to explain lol.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I dont know if its a dub only line but I distinctly remember in the english version Shenron specifies the ritual as the 'only' method. Could well be the case that it's another issue like the 'brilliant scientist' comment.
Just checked both versions of the anime here, the way they were worded is the same-ish, saying that it's a method to make one, but he doesn't hint that it's the only one, plus he was also quoting the Namekian book of mythology so it's kinda vague how much of it is his actualy knowledge... The movie version of BoG however, does say that it's the only method, and that's on the Japanese version, so they just quietly retconned that away.
I just wonder what kind of training Whis gave Vegeta to do it. It can;t be just generic power training because if it were there'd be no reason other characters dont have it. You could send Gohan and the others to Whis if needed for the TOP and have them go in the room of spirit and time.

I guess I'd just like to know the methodology and HOW Whis trained him
Well, Super has shown that someone can be trained to become a god of destruction, so god ki is something possible to be obtained, the how is anyone's guess though, specialy since Whis' training didn't look like it had anything different enough that it'd help to get god ki, just better regular ki control at best... Just one of those things DB won't bother to explain lol.
Yeah I knew at least ONE version I'd seen said as such. Guess it's retconned.

And you're repeating my point. I honestly don't want to even consider all Whis did was make them do even more push ups, more situps, and make them drink even more juice, and that was god ki gains

Lukmendes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:And you're repeating my point. I honestly don't want to even consider all Whis did was make them do even more push ups, more situps, and make them drink even more juice, and that was god ki gains
Clearly the difference is on the juice brand, Whis must've been giving them God Juice secretly :lol:

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Lukmendes wrote:Well, Super has shown that someone can be trained to become a god of destruction, so god ki is something possible to be obtained, the how is anyone's guess though, specialy since Whis' training didn't look like it had anything different enough that it'd help to get god ki, just better regular ki control at best... Just one of those things DB won't bother to explain lol.
It's the sealing and increasing ki thing he taught them. When they use it in Whis' staff, Vegeta mentions feeling immense pressure and thinks it must be divine energy. After that they go right to the Frieza fight and can use SSB.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2651
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Terez wrote:
Miracles wrote:If it applied to all continuities it would of had them in the timeline.
Says who? Seems like an argument based on personal preference instead of any real logic or evidence. The logic says that their usage of "canon" refers only to Toriyama's involvement in the story. It's the only logic that fits with all the other official statements on this subject. Most people never even considered that it referred only to the manga because you really have to stretch to get to that position.
It's not a stretch when Shuiesha themselves have time lined the Super manga as official canon Dragonball to Akira Toriyama's manga.
Nothing I said, Shueisha is authority until Akira Toriyama himself comes out with a statement. Until then they are the rule of standard.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:And you're repeating my point. I honestly don't want to even consider all Whis did was make them do even more push ups, more situps, and make them drink even more juice, and that was god ki gains
Clearly the difference is on the juice brand, Whis must've been giving them God Juice secretly :lol:
That sounds like material for a doujin....

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:54 pm

By the way, I'm reading summaries and I'm seeing other new saiyans mentioned in different scenes, do we have images for any of them except Beets?

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by majinwarman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Michsi wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:Didn't they say that the new Kitaro series would last a year? It started in March so that would mean a less than 20 episodes. Or maybe they meant at least a year. Either way, I' fine with them taking their time, especially if that means a healthier schedule for the staff.

Side note though, I think we should wait for an official confirmation before get caught up in expectations like this. Not saying there is no way a VA wouldn't know about these things, but it's also not the safest source.
I believe their only statement was that it was guaranteed to last "at least" 50 episodes.

Then that would mean they have around 15 episodes left and it would end in March, right when the spring season starts.
I think we need to wait until Jump Festa happens before we get ahead of ourselves here.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Shounen
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Shounen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 pm

https://www.facebook.com/54641040476/vi ... 405630646/
"Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
Rumors and voices, only that, without any confermation."

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Shounen wrote:https://www.facebook.com/54641040476/vi ... 405630646/
"Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
Rumors and voices, only that, without any confermation."
As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Shounen
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Shounen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
Probably yes. Or no. Who knows... :P

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Shounen wrote:https://www.facebook.com/54641040476/vi ... 405630646/
"Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
Rumors and voices, only that, without any confermation."
As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
Yeah. It could be a very convenient cover-up since he obviously isnt supposed to say that. Especially since he didnt clarify what he actually meant by the "new series" or how he was misunderstood, he just kinda said he knows nothing.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 pm

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Shounen wrote:https://www.facebook.com/54641040476/vi ... 405630646/
"Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
Rumors and voices, only that, without any confermation."
As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
Yeah. It could be a very convenient cover-up since he obviously isnt supposed to say that. Especially since he didnt clarify what he actually meant by the "new series" or how he was misunderstood, he just kinda said he knows nothing.
Tbh, a confirmation really doesn’t even matter as much anymore. Its obvious Super is coming back. What we should really be making a big deal about is WHEN Super is coming back. I’m def leaning towards July. Which is conveniently my birth month.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Lore is NOT story, and it never was, and you should stop spreading this nonsense.
Content is NOT substance.
Bunch of characters doing stuff do NOT make an esemble cast.
Secondary characters are secondary, they do NOT deserve or are entitled to having more screen time.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Damn, for a second I thought Goku had transformed into Super Saiyan 2. It would be nice to see that glorious transformation in the movie look. Too bad it won't appear though.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Two days left promo trailer.

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 2149708800
Why is Vegeta wearing his Buu arc outfit? I prefered the navy blue armor that he had in the concept art, and I don't want anything reminding me of the Buu arc.
Grimlock wrote:Damn, for a second I thought Goku had transformed into Super Saiyan 2. It would be nice to see that glorious transformation in the movie look. Too bad it won't appear though.
I mean it's only slightly different from SSJ, so I don't see an issue with it.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

That slight difference is enough to make it cooler.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

Post Reply