Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:13 pm

He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:36 pm

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Feel like I finally need to actually get down my thoughts on the movie lol, because I cannot stop thinking about it.

I think it's outstanding. I think it is the best peice of DB media outside of the manga. I was not expecting to be so captivated by it at all. Putting it in the spoiler tag cuz longish...
The real highlight though, especially during my second viewing, was the audience loosing their shit, clapping, cheering. Was amazing.

I wish I could go back to being 14 and see this movie. It would have made me so, so happy at a otherwise really miserable time.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:44 pm

I have seen the movie, it was pretty enjoyable, even though there were a lot of things that I personally didn't like. I still don't understand why they are some people who is still bashing the old Broly on the internet, just saw a comment saying "Old Broly don't ever come back" blablabla, it's pretty annoying... they should at least be thankful the old Broly existed because that's the reason why the new one was made.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:15 pm

BrolyKale wrote:I have seen the movie, it was pretty enjoyable, even though there were a lot of things that I personally didn't like. I still don't understand why they are some people who is still bashing the old Broly on the internet, just saw a comment saying "Old Broly don't ever come back" blablabla, it's pretty annoying... they should at least be thankful the old Broly existed because that's the reason why the new one was made.

So be thankful this movie promotes bullying against the mentally handicapped?
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:23 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:I have seen the movie, it was pretty enjoyable, even though there were a lot of things that I personally didn't like. I still don't understand why they are some people who is still bashing the old Broly on the internet, just saw a comment saying "Old Broly don't ever come back" blablabla, it's pretty annoying... they should at least be thankful the old Broly existed because that's the reason why the new one was made.

Unlike them, I'm not bashing the new Broly and say that he should never come back... its just weird that people are still bashing the old Broly, that's why I said they should at least be thankful that the old one was made.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:47 pm

someone noticed this?

and

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Rakurai wrote:Toyotarou draws more old characters who haven't been seen in DBSuper. This month features the rest of Bardock's crew: Panbukin, Seripa, Toteppo, & Toma.

https://dragonball.news/news/toyotarou201901.html

Bardock's movie crewmate: "An order to return home has been issued. Bardock and I are heading back to Planet Vegeta. What about you guys?"

Toma: "An order to return home? Wait a minute, we didn't hear about such a thing."

Dodoria: "Kukuku... This right here is the placed where you lot will be killed."

- "After this, Toma and the others couldn't be contacted... Because of this, Bardock's distrust towards the order to return grew much stronger." -

Toyotarou's message: "[Names of crew]! It would've been nice if these four were involved behind the scenes of the Broly film- but that's just my headcanon (lol)."

Seems like the OG crew finally made it into movie canon... not? Well either way they'd still be offed in the same manner as the TV special it seems. The Frieza cronies are even exactly the same as they were in the special.
You may want to take a look at this:
This at least explains why Bardock’s bandana is missing during the rebellion scene; it’s still tied around Toma’s arm.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 pm

I have to admit, I haven't noticed the bandanna in there! :o Thanks for the heads-up, MainJPW!

Now, more than ever, I need an extended version of this movie to know what the heck happened during the one-month timeskip and hopefully they make Bardock wear that bandanna somehow!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:59 pm

It's lunacy when you hear that. Considering classic Broly is very popular. I'm wondering if their mad cause Movie 8 Broly didn't want to be anybody's friend, was the offender instead of the victim, wrapped Paragus up in tinfoil and cooked him, nice one liners and was clad in kings gold while doing all of it with a smile.

GO ClASSIC BROLY; GO! GO VINTAGE BROLY; GO!
Last edited by Miracles on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:I have to admit, I haven't noticed the bandanna in there! :o Thanks for the heads-up, MainJPW!

Now, more than ever, I need an extended version of this movie to know what the heck happened during the one-month timeskip and hopefully they make Bardock wear that bandanna somehow!
That’s a good catch , but still , bardock not wearing Tora armband when freeza attacks planet vegeta is what it is ... :thumbdown:
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:15 am

For years, people were saying Uub's existence was useless after Super debuted, given the introduction of GoDs, angels, and other universe fighters. I disagreed because Uub displayed an innate ability when he fought Goku; he learned to fight as he fought. That combined with him somehow acquiring his old majin powers would make him a force comparable to Goku, especially cause he too could potentially learn Ultra Instinct, given his talents.

With Broly, though, now even I feel Uub is useless. Broly checks off all the marks for Goku. Infinitely stronger than him without any formal training? Check. Good guy willing to protect his loved ones? Check. Someone Goku wants to teach? Check. Never-ending growing power as he fights? Check. He has most of Uub's qualities, only he's actually cool. Why on Earth would Goku be even slightly excited over Uub when Broly exists? Could Uub's potential realistically be greater than Broly's? As in, if it is, would people agree with this, or facepalm greatly?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:For years, people were saying Uub's existence was useless after Super debuted, given the introduction of GoDs, angels, and other universe fighters. I disagreed because Uub displayed an innate ability when he fought Goku; he learned to fight as he fought. That combined with him somehow acquiring his old majin powers would make him a force comparable to Goku, especially cause he too could potentially learn Ultra Instinct, given his talents.

With Broly, though, now even I feel Uub is useless. Broly checks off all the marks for Goku. Infinitely stronger than him without any formal training? Check. Good guy willing to protect his loved ones? Check. Someone Goku wants to teach? Check. Never-ending growing power as he fights? Check. He has most of Uub's qualities, only he's actually cool. Why on Earth would Goku be even slightly excited over Uub when Broly exists? Could Uub's potential realistically be greater than Broly's? As in, if it is, would people agree with this, or facepalm greatly?
Because ubb is so weak that he needs training. Broly already too strong

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:59 am

MainJPW wrote:This at least explains why Bardock’s bandana is missing during the rebellion scene; it’s still tied around Toma’s arm.
Also, if you pay atention, the bandana isn't white like in the special.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:10 am

Gogeta smirk count? From the top of my head:

When he was born
Several times during both of Shida's cut
After he fires Soul Punisher
After Broly powers up and Gogeta kick him
After Broly gets wished back
When he stops Freeza shooting the ship
When Freeza leaves.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:41 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:For years, people were saying Uub's existence was useless after Super debuted, given the introduction of GoDs, angels, and other universe fighters. I disagreed because Uub displayed an innate ability when he fought Goku; he learned to fight as he fought. That combined with him somehow acquiring his old majin powers would make him a force comparable to Goku, especially cause he too could potentially learn Ultra Instinct, given his talents.

This is a good point. They have definitely made UUb pretty inconsequential. Perhaps all that could be said now is that Folu likes a challenge even if it isn’t one that tests all of his limits. You could also argue that he isn’t really sure what limits In might actually have so he is excited still to see. It could potentially be even higher with training, who knows. Toriyama never really showed us where UUb would be with training.

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:07 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Gogeta smirk count? From the top of my head:

When he was born
Several times during both of Shida's cut
After he fires Soul Punisher
After Broly powers up and Gogeta kick him
After Broly gets wished back
When he stops Freeza shooting the ship
When Freeza leaves.
It's utterly disgusting isn't it? There needed to be at at least twice as many instances of smirking Gogeta. Sad.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:59 am

The only way Uub could remain viable is if he just has massive potential as the reincarnation of Kid Buu. We saw how Buu and Frieza improved through training, perhaps that's the angle they could approach it.

I completely agree though. Unless they totally wank him to some absolutely absurd potential, I don't much see the point

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:28 am

Well I've seen the sub and the dub now...

The dub ain't that stinky but pretty much everyone here would be against it anyway, right? Though one line change I kinda liked was "HELLO, MONKEYS!" instead of "Greetings." but that's because of how well it was read, worst line change is probably "What in the Multiverse is going on?!" because it sounds so forced and cringy, especially from Piccolo. They REALLY should have shown sub and dub everywhere, let the people choose which version they want to see!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:
What are you talking about? Wtf?