Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:08 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Bullza wrote:It isn't just that he's wearing women's tights. As I said the purple goes badly with the other colours on him. He has a terrible colour scheme that makes the whole design ugly.
So you're making a fuss about Broly "women's tights" but yet you're okay with Paragus pink dress? Seems legit.
Lmao! :lol:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:14 am

If I see a crying baby in this trailer I am going to flip shit......

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:17 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Since we're all in different time zones, any one got an idea of when we will see the trailer in hours rather than what time?
Here's a countdown to 2:15PM Pacific.

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:26 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Since we're all in different time zones, any one got an idea of when we will see the trailer in hours rather than what time?
We still don't know if it's actually going to be posted on the internet right ?
"Oh dear...."

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:38 am

What if broly is like a Saiyan assasain :o
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Bullza wrote:It isn't just that he's wearing women's tights. As I said the purple goes badly with the other colours on him. He has a terrible colour scheme that makes the whole design ugly.
So you're making a fuss about Broly "women's tights" but yet you're okay with Paragus pink dress? Seems legit.
What pink dress....*Googles* hmmm again it's sissy but it isn't actually quite pink and it matches his top like Salsa.

Meanwhile Broly is a huge manly bodybuilder on the top and then he's wearing purple womans yoga pants on the bottom which don't go with the armour at all

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:03 am

Bullza wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
What pink dress....*Googles* hmmm again it's sissy but it isn't actually quite pink and it matches his top like Salsa.

Meanwhile Broly is a huge manly bodybuilder on the top and then he's wearing purple womans yoga pants on the bottom which don't go with the armour at all
So what are your thoughts on Vegeta wearing a full yoga suit? [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Feels over Reals.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:08 am

Bullza wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:

Have you read any Incredible Hulks comics ever? I can assure you, purple isn't a girly colour at all, not its a problem anyway. Freaking Super Saiyan Rose was one of the most imposing transformations in the anime and that was pink.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:19 am

Simere wrote:
Damn that's 6am in Australia :(

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:24 am

Vados_chan wrote:
Simere wrote:
Are you in Australia. If so, I sympathize(even though I'll probably be up by that time).

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:
Are you in Australia. If so, I sympathize(even though I'll probably be up by that time).
I’m in Australia and I’ll sure as hell wake up early to watch this trailer. Been dying to see some actual footage and some story details.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Vados_chan wrote: Damn that's 6am in Australia :(
I’m in Australia and I’ll sure as hell wake up early to watch this trailer. Been dying to see some actual footage and some story details.
>6AM early?
That is my usual wake up time. :lol:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:09 am

JazzMazz wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Are you in Australia. If so, I sympathize(even though I'll probably be up by that time).
>6AM early?
I am a very heavy sleeper. :lol:

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: I’m in Australia and I’ll sure as hell wake up early to watch this trailer. Been dying to see some actual footage and some story details.
>6AM early?
I am a very heavy sleeper. :lol:
Don't worry, I think it'll be coming out at 7:15 AM tomorrow for those in Australia anyway.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:20 am

I wake up that early, but I don't think it will be available before I have to go to work
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 am

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Oh right I forgot about that. Before I saw the translations I got excited because I love the Paragus design. However, I have a bad feeling it is going to be too much like M8 without enough unique changes.
Yeah. Paragus looks so cool. But i hope all this stuff is either all homages or its the classic Toriyama subversion and all that stuff is a red herring. But with how lazy Toriyama’s been, i dont know...
Eh. We will have to wait and see. I have faith in Toriyama
FortuneSSJ wrote:If there was any doubt, Toriyama's Paragus will also control Broly:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
More here - https://news.toyark.com/2018/07/18/sdcc ... ore-306425
God that is so stupid. My hype level is steadily dropping.
Well that hurt my expectations with Paragus a fair bit.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:30 am

JazzMazz wrote:Have you read any Incredible Hulks comics ever? I can assure you, purple isn't a girly colour at all, not its a problem anyway. Freaking Super Saiyan Rose was one of the most imposing transformations in the anime and that was pink.
Hulk had purple shorts, not yoga tights.

Goku Black looked fine because it complimented the purple and red aura and his black Gi. Without the aura he didn't look that great really.

Edit: Actually now I see a better picture of Paragus that pink dress does look pretty bad to be honest.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 am

Bullza wrote:Hulk had purple shorts, not yoga tights.
So the problem is not the color anymore? His apparel is typical of a Saiyan, there's literally nothing out of ordinary here. You don't have to like it, but let's not pretend it's a problem.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 am

Bullza wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:

what's your damage about effeminacy/sissy-ness?

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:12 am

Calling it now before its too late. Broly may end up referring to Goku as "brother", revealing a connection between them. Perhaps Gine is Brolys mom, making Broly Goku's half-brother. This would also finally bring Gine into the anime canon in the same way Jaco was with Resurrection 'F'. Its a random guess, but i dont want to miss out on guessing this. I like the idea of Goku and Broly being brothers because it would add a whole new layer to Broly as well as DB itself. Also lets remember goku and broly were born on the same day (i think) in the original movie so what if this version of Broly is Gokus fraternal twin brother? Its not gonna happen though because toriyama keeps things simple.