Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:25 am

PFM18 wrote:
zarmack wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
...Yeah gonna have to vehemently disagree with you on that one. Several of the ones in that pic have that super generic "macho" look and don't really have a unique look to them. The ones we got were way better even ones like Belmod who didn't have an especially original design but ended up looking really good.
Being more "unique" doesn't necessarily mean better, especially since most of Toriyama's GoD designs are pretty ugly and hilariously bad, especially Quitela lol.
Being more unique counts for something when the alternative is generic fan-fic trash.They don't even look better, they just look downright ugly most of the time. I do like the wolf one though. His little necklace completes the look.

I don't know, I like the GoD designs we got except for the one hideous looking guy that can't remember their name. He's one of the four GoDs of the "better" universes.
You do realize almost all of Super's concepts were "generic fan-fic trash" 10 years ago, right?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 am

Has Herms or anyone here confirmed they are going to see the premier in a week?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 am

Miracles wrote:Has Herms or anyone here confirmed they are going to see the premier in a week?
Not that I know of I think Yunko is going, Idk if that right tbh

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 am

vashter wrote:
Miracles wrote:Has Herms or anyone here confirmed they are going to see the premier in a week?
I don't think so because he tweeted a few days ago about trying to dodge spoilers & how he went to MHA premiere and wished he could do that for DBS.

Either way so many fake nonsense is gonna fly around gonna be like ResF x100 since we don't have anyone on Kanzenshuu going. I'm gonna dip out of here after the weekend. Quite a few of my Japanese friends have got tickets so I told them to only message me emoji reactions lol. I seriously want to experience everything unspoiled. I managed to watch Avengers without watching a single clip so I think I can avoid this for 2 months.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:22 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
vashter wrote:
I don't think so because he tweeted a few days ago about trying to dodge spoilers & how he went to MHA premiere and wished he could do that for DBS.

Either way so many fake nonsense is gonna fly around gonna be like ResF x100 since we don't have anyone on Kanzenshuu going. I'm gonna dip out of here after the weekend. Quite a few of my Japanese friends have got tickets so I told them to only message me emoji reactions lol. I seriously want to experience everything unspoiled. I managed to watch Avengers without watching a single clip so I think I can avoid this for 2 months.
Ken Xyro isn’t going but he has a friend who is. Anyways if people stick to trusted twitter accounts it should be ok.

I thought about muting everything Dragon Ball related but I know I won’t be able to. Have already given in to defeat.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:49 am

Man dodging entire spoilers next week gonna be hella hard LOL I don't know what will happened next if you open FB, Twitter, Youtube first thing just pop up one thing that wasn't in trailer it a gg lol

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 am

after hearing the full theme of the ending song, i think its pretty good, it has some meh parts, but still pretty decent.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:44 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Forte224 wrote:Any idea when tickets will go up for pre-order? How soon before release did BoG and RoF tickets go on sale?
Based on what they've said, the release for this movie won't be nearly as limited as for BoG or RoF. Pre-ordering may not even be necessary, unless you just want to see it on day one.
I probably will see it day one, but yeah I suppose you're right. This might play for a while.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:29 am

The CG in this movie is extremely intrusive, it shouldn't ever be used on characters, make me miss the old days even more.

This movie will be successful clearly, it seems to have the action that make fans happy, almost no one care about the story (which is why the anime is popular regardless of underwhelming story) and this will be no exception.
zarmack wrote:
Melkaniator wrote:
The inconsistencies are too many in there, the manga version makes way more sense, plus less asspulls.
You mean asspulls and inconsistencies like Goku pulling MSSB out of nowhere after defusing
You consider Goku forcing his body to retain all of the ki inside to avoid leaking an asspull or inconsistency?

I don't.

And why does it matter it was after the fusion?

He got healed by Trunks anyway, in the manga Trunks was useful instead of forced to the frontline with a fan service transformation.
zarmack wrote: Goku pulling Hakai out of nowhere (even though he's never seen the technique in the manga and was supposed to be exclusive to Hakaishin)
Goku DID saw the technique, the dialogue made it very clear.

The fact that it happened off screen (panels) doesn't change that, just like SS3's debut.

And no, it's not exclusive to Hakaishin, even Toppo (another student of the gods) in the anime used it.
zarmack wrote: Future Trunks' random healing powers that suddenly appear and disappear
In what moment it disappeared?

It was explained he got them from the specific ritual, just like all Kaiō-shin apprentice do.

Unlike Trunks' SS BS, or Genki-Bullshit in the anime.
zarmack wrote: Gohan out-of-nowhere being equal to SSJ Kefla
I wasn't happy with that, pretty ridiculous, I have seen worse in the anime though.
zarmack wrote: Goku forgetting martial arts teachings from Roshi that he already mastered in early DB, etc.
#1) Is not that he "forgot" but that he didn't paid attention as he should've.

#2) There's no proof that he "mastered" everything he was taught at the time.

A student may learn enough to move forward, not necessarily mastering every lesson, specially when Goku showed great improvement regardless.
Nickolaidas wrote:
You forgot to mention Kale one-shotting Anilaza as if he was freakin' Kuririn. I nearly threw up at that part.
That's not an inconsistency, nor aspull.

It wasn't shown how much power Anilaza has in the manga, he did nothing to show he had great power in comparison to Kale, so there's nothing that says she shouldn't be able to do that.

Using Anilaza's power shown in the anime makes no sense, knowing that's a different version telling a different story.
Rakurai wrote:
What's even more funny is that Uub is still supposed to excite Goku who hasn't been this excited in a "long time."
Indeed.

Some claim retcon, but that there's an inconsistency about it, doesn't mean that's being automatically retconed, it may just be one of their many mistakes.
Last edited by Melkaniator on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

Can you take your manga vs anime crap and put it where it actually belongs? Like, I don’t know, not here?

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:39 am

Dbzk1999 wrote:Can you take your manga vs anime crap and put it where it actually belongs? Like, I don’t know, not here?
It's not like I even started it, someone made a comment about it, and I replied.

My post still has movie-related comments at least, unlike those.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 am

After that trailer, I think it's very likely that the synopsis of the movie on the site '' Cine Colombia '' is true. In that case, it is possible that Freeza actually confronts Goku and Vegeta sometime in the fight.

It would be interesting if we could finally see a resolution of the battle between Vegeta and Freeza this time, after all, Vegeta would never leave Freeza alone in the universe again considering that he would continue with his evil plans. At some point in the trailers, both Vegeta and Freeza do not show up, and we know they're on the battlefield (and we know there'll probably still be Gogeta as well)

But it would also be interesting if at the end of the movie the 3 fought together against Broly

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Frieza might be the most interesting part of the movie, he tends to steal the stage.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:03 pm

One of the promotional blurbs did say Vegeta is weary of Freeza and since he is the one who brings Broly, i imagine he would want to put an end to freeza even more so

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:02 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:One of the promotional blurbs did say Vegeta is weary of Freeza and since he is the one who brings Broly, i imagine he would want to put an end to freeza even more so
Do you remember where you found it? I would like to check

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:11 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:One of the promotional blurbs did say Vegeta is weary of Freeza and since he is the one who brings Broly, i imagine he would want to put an end to freeza even more so
https://twitter.com/herms98/status/1027 ... 00?lang=en

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
https://twitter.com/herms98/status/1027 ... 00?lang=en
Thanks.

I think that the fact of both Vegeta and Freeza's bio underscore this, besides the possible synopsis of the movie, it is possible that Freeza really fights with the two Saiyans. Probably after the movie's premier we will have several spoilers.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:36 pm

The trailer was alright though the part that interested me the most is cheelai, it's interesting that their given a Frieza henchmen some kind of role hope she don't turn into Tagoma 2.0.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Spider-Man wrote:The trailer was alright though the part that interested me the most is cheelai, it's interesting that their given a Frieza henchmen some kind of role hope she don't turn into Tagoma 2.0.
From what we know about her, she's a petty thief that stole a Galactic Patrol vehicle and ended up joining Freeza's forces to escape them without really knowing what she was joining.

So, a thief. But hardly a Freeza loyalist.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Can someone tell me why the next DB series is going to keep the name Dragon Ball Super?

Edit: Nevermind, disregard my question
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"