Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Retan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Retan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 am

mecha3000 wrote:Calling it now before its too late. Broly may end up referring to Goku as "brother", revealing a connection between them. Perhaps Gine is Brolys mom, making Broly Goku's half-brother. This would also finally bring Gine into the anime canon in the same way Jaco was with Resurrection 'F'. Its a random guess, but i dont want to miss out on guessing this. I like the idea of Goku and Broly being brothers because it would add a whole new layer to Broly as well as DB itself. Also lets remember goku and broly were born on the same day (i think) in the original movie so what if this version of Broly is Gokus fraternal twin brother? Its not gonna happen though because toriyama keeps things simple.

You (uh wow) do realize if there both born from the same mother on the same day they'd be twins and it would be impossible for them to just be half brothers right? :lol: :lol: And yet I still like the the thought :D

(My bad just reread the whole post the thought still entertains me though :D )

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:38 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Vados_chan wrote: Damn that's 6am in Australia :(
Are you in Australia. If so, I sympathize(even though I'll probably be up by that time).
I’m in Australia and I’ll sure as hell wake up early to watch this trailer. Been dying to see some actual footage and some story details.
We don't know if the trailer 100% will be uploaded online. Bit risky to get up early?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 am

Retan wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:Calling it now before its too late. Broly may end up referring to Goku as "brother", revealing a connection between them. Perhaps Gine is Brolys mom, making Broly Goku's half-brother. This would also finally bring Gine into the anime canon in the same way Jaco was with Resurrection 'F'. Its a random guess, but i dont want to miss out on guessing this. I like the idea of Goku and Broly being brothers because it would add a whole new layer to Broly as well as DB itself. Also lets remember goku and broly were born on the same day (i think) in the original movie so what if this version of Broly is Gokus fraternal twin brother? Its not gonna happen though because toriyama keeps things simple.

You (uh wow) do realize if there both born from the same mother on the same day they'd be twins and it would be impossible for them to just be half brothers right? :lol: :lol: And yet I still like the the thought :D

Actually there is a very very small chance that 2 zygotes get fertilized by two different sperms, resulting in twins (they are not normal twins then obviously as they do not originate from one egg that seperates) where one has one father and another one has the other. It is very very rare but it is possible. See heteropaternal superfecundation.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Are you in Australia. If so, I sympathize(even though I'll probably be up by that time).
I’m in Australia and I’ll sure as hell wake up early to watch this trailer. Been dying to see some actual footage and some story details.
We don't know if the trailer 100% will be uploaded online. Bit risky to get up early?
I'm sure there'll be a shitty camcorder version up online soon after the trailer is revealed. That'll keep us company until we get a nice HD version later on.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 am

Retan wrote:

I don’t think Gine would be the type to cheat on Bardock.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Retan wrote:

Do we even know enough about Gine as a character to know whether or not she’s likely to have been faithful?

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 am

How long would it take for them to upload the trailer officially?

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:30 am

Bro this theory is wacky but I love it.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: I’m in Australia and I’ll sure as hell wake up early to watch this trailer. Been dying to see some actual footage and some story details.
I'm sure there'll be a shitty camcorder version up online soon after the trailer is revealed. That'll keep us company until we get a nice HD version later on.
Besides, being up at that time is part of the daily grind for some people anyway.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:55 am

WittyUsername wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Retan wrote:

Do we even know enough about Gine as a character to know whether or not she’s likely to have been faithful?
We know that it is rare for saiyans to marry and Bardock and Gine did so whe was likely madley in love with Bardock.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:20 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
Bro this theory is wacky but I love it.
I don't, hope Gine and everything else about Minus stay the fucks out of the main series
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:43 am

jeffbr92 wrote:I don't, hope Gine and everything else about Minus stay the fucks out of the main series
Minus is fortunately not going away. It's officially part of Toriyama's story.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am

I think the trailer will pop up after I've went to see Ant Man and the Wasp which will be in one hour and twenty minutes in my local movie theater center.

What a time to be alive though :D
jeffbr92 wrote:I don't, hope Gine and everything else about Minus stay the fucks out of the main series
Minus is canon whether you like it or not ! Sorry for you.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:So the problem is not the color anymore? His apparel is typical of a Saiyan, there's literally nothing out of ordinary here. You don't have to like it, but let's not pretend it's a problem.
The colour is the main problem. That they also happen to have Broly wearing tights is just another one.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:Minus is unfortunately not going away. It's part of Toriyama's story through not present in his original work.
Fixed for ya.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Minus is canon whether you like it or not ! Sorry for you.
The only canon for me is the original manga and Super (:
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:Minus is unfortunately not going away. It's part of Toriyama's story through not present in his original work.
Fixed for ya.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Minus is canon whether you like it or not ! Sorry for you.
The only canon for me is the original manga and Super (:
It makes no sense to arbitrarily remove parts of Toriyama's work, because you don't like them. It's canon.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:19 am

Given that the Bardock OVA is also being shown next next to the original Broly movie and "Fusion reborn", there is a high chance Bardock will also make an appearance in this movie. And if he does, there's a 99% chance it's going to be his "Minus" incarnation.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am

Bergamo wrote: It makes no sense to arbitrarily remove parts of Toriyama's work, because you don't like them. It's canon.
It also makes no sense to retcon Goku as a 3-4yr old upon arriving on Earth, in Saiyan Armor, when Toriyama's original work made it clear that Goku was found as a baby. Toriyama was essentially retconning his own work that didn't need retconning, and in fact just hurts it. People more see Minus as a thought experiment. A way of introducing and exploring the character of Goku's mother without necessarily being part of the official canon.

Really it's just a simple case of Toriyama being forgetful. Something he's admitted to many times.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

LifeLight

Post by LifeLight » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am

Looking forward to finally getting somewhat of a grip on where this story is headed once the trailer drops. (Hopefully soon.)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 am

Michsi wrote:Given that the Bardock OVA is also being shown next next to the original Broly movie and "Fusion reborn", there is a high chance Bardock will also make an appearance in this movie. And if he does, there's a 99% chance it's going to be his "Minus" incarnation.
My despair intensifies when you say things like this.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):