Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we still need to see the Universe 6 Saiyans in this movie?
I wanted them in this movie, but now it would just feel forced.
If anything I expect Goku to mention Kale when he sees Broly Berserk form, because in this continuity he saw Kale first, which ironically makes Broly a "Male Kale". 8)

Anyway if they find a way to include them, I sure wouldn't complain but i doubt it.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we still need to see the Universe 6 Saiyans in this movie?
I think they should be saved for a sequel movie or when the anime series comes back.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
If anything I expect Goku to mention Kale when he sees Broly Berserk form, because in this continuity he saw Kale first, which ironically makes Broly a "Male Kale". 8)

Anyway if they find a way to include them, I sure wouldn't complain but i doubt it.
It literally doesn't since this Broly looks and most likely acts nothing like Kale, so this forced meme is not even funny. People called Kale "female Broly" because she 1:1 copied the moves/lines from the first Broly movie word for word and even looks like a genderswapped version design wise, otherwise she is a different character too

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:12 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:

It literally doesn't since this Broly looks and most likely acts nothing like Kale, so this forced meme is not even funny. People called Kale "female Broly" because she 1:1 copied the moves/lines from the first Broly movie word for word and even looks like a genderswapped version design wise, otherwise she is a different character too
Broly and Kale have the same forms, so It would make sense for Goku to make a comparison.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:19 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:

This and adding too many character would just make the movie an ugly mess so I rather have them being saved for a Planet Sadal arc.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:54 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:

You’re joking right? SSBerserk Kale and Full Powered Broly look exactly alike. And just like Kale in that form, Broly will seemingly also go berserk when in that form. It would be strange if Goku DIDN’T reference Kale when he see’s Broly go full power.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: I wanted them in this movie, but now it would just feel forced.

You’re joking right? SSBerserk Kale and Full Powered Broly look exactly alike. And just like Kale in that form, Broly will seemingly also go berserk when in that form. It would be strange if Goku DIDN’T reference Kale when he see’s Broly go full power.
You mean Broly and Broly look alike in LSS, Kale didn't invent the form, also the colours and clothes look nothing alike. Vegeta or anyone else never referenced that Cabba looked like his brother Tarble, just because they look similar in one particular transformation doesn't mean that they absolutely have to reference it. Also to be frank Broly will have nothing do with Kale, will stay evil and stay in U7 thus never meet her so what's the point of referencing it if it leads to nothing, not like they'll explain the LSS form when they didn't do for Rose or Rage

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Michsi wrote:If they DO announce a new series, guess we'll finally learn whether or not GT is part of Super's continuity or not.
GT as it is doesn't fit at all with Super but I'm pretty sure some of its elements (mostly Ssj4) will get rebooted like Broly is.

I always assumed that they'd end this modern run of DB by having most of it's events erased or something contrived like that. They made a whole deal about everything fitting with EOZ at first. Since they always danced around the subject of GT, I assumed they weren't quite ready to ignore that series, but I guess Super proved to be much more of a money-maker than anticipated, so who knows what they planning now.

Anyway, this is all speculation. If they do announce a new series at Jump Festa I hope it's for the summer season, too. That would indicate they had a lot more time to prepare and work on the episodes. Last time we got like two months warning in advance that a new series was starting,and we all know how that schedule went.
GT was thrown out of the window ever since Battle of the Gods: it was now impossible to reconcile Goku NEVER using his God form and impossible to reconcile 0 mentions/appearances of Beerus and Whis.

EOZ, on the other hand, actually makes MORE sense now that Goku has Ultra Instinct: ANYONE can achieve UI (since it is not a Saiyan-based transformation) and the idea of someone with infinite stamina like Uub mastering UI and becoming a rival excites Goku very much.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Chuquita wrote:Brolli'd upstage them. I think it's better to leave the U6 trio for an actual arc that's not a movie.
Plus, an arc can help flesh more character arcs than a movie can.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 pm

ricky84 wrote:
I think they should be saved for a sequel movie or when the anime series comes back.
I think the ideal time to get them involved is ift there’s ever a Saiyan war.

I doubt this would ever happen, but somebody could have the “great” idea of reviving U7 Saiyan race. We all know nothing good could ever come from that, but Goku and company teaming up with U6 Saiyans to stop their universes Saiyans from running amuck. That would be a LOT of yellow coloring if a handful of them discovered super Saiyan lol
How i predict the tournament will end:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:50 pm

ricky84 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:I hope Broli is still a villain after the movie
If that's the case then I hope Broly wins in the movie. He could become the new limit for Goku and Vegeta to break (since Beerus has pretty much been surpassed already).
And how would you make Broly win without killing a major character or destroying the planet?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 pm

TheOne wrote:
ricky84 wrote:

I doubt this would ever happen, but somebody could have the “great” idea of reviving U7 Saiyan race. We all know nothing good could ever come from that, but Goku and company teaming up with U6 Saiyans to stop their universes Saiyans from running amuck. That would be a LOT of yellow coloring if a handful of them discovered super Saiyan lol
Reminder that literally anyone can destroy planets at this point, so Beerus, Vegeta, Goku, or even Krillin could take care of all of the saiyans at once if it became a problem. Evil super saiyans also shouldn't be able to exist because of S-Cells, so I don't think any of this would happen.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Bergamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:
ricky84 wrote:

Reminder that literally anyone can destroy planets at this point, so Beerus, Vegeta, Goku, or even Krillin could take care of all of the saiyans at once if it became a problem. Evil super saiyans also shouldn't be able to exist because of S-Cells, so I don't think any of this would happen.
Yeah well said. If the evil Universe 7 Saiyans were to act up anyone and their mother would put them in their place and them having access to SSJ wouldn't really fit with what we are told.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Bergamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:
ricky84 wrote:

Broly is an evil saiyan yet is a super saiyan. Vegeta was still evil when he became a super saiyan, etc. There's also Cumber.

Toriyama never said you have to be a good person in order to become a super saiyan, only that being good/pure of heart is an advantage in unlocking it.
Last edited by ricky84 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Yeah well said. If the evil Universe 7 Saiyans were to act up anyone and their mother would put them in their place and them having access to SSJ wouldn't really fit with what we are told.
Toriyama never said you have to be a good person to become a SSJ. He only said that being good/pure of heart is an advantage in gaining it. Vegeta was still evil when he became a SSJ, Broly is also evil and he's the Legendary SSJ. Cumber is self-explanatory.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:37 pm

ricky84 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Reminder that literally anyone can destroy planets at this point, so Beerus, Vegeta, Goku, or even Krillin could take care of all of the saiyans at once if it became a problem. Evil super saiyans also shouldn't be able to exist because of S-Cells, so I don't think any of this would happen.
Toriyama never said you have to be a good person to become a SSJ. He only said that being good/pure of heart is an advantage in gaining it. Vegeta was still evil when he became a SSJ, Broly is also evil and he's the Legendary SSJ. Cumber is self-explanatory.
Cumber doesn't exist in the continuity though....And we don't know anything about Broly as of now.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:39 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Broly is an evil saiyan yet is a super saiyan. Vegeta was still evil when he became a super saiyan, etc. There's also Cumber.

Toriyama never said you have to be a good person in order to become a super saiyan, only that being good/pure of heart is an advantage in unlocking it.
Vegeta was not evil when he unlocked Super Saiyan. He definitely had a lot of issues, but at that point he had already been introduced to Earth's gentle environment. There's really no point in bringing up non canon characters.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I’m actually agitated that you guys didn’t think I had enough sense to know just how outclassed the saiyans would be. That’s extremely common knowledge.

Instead of pointing out the obvious, I would’ve preferred that you all just assumed that a scenario was created in where the saiyans became a threat with their development. To think that Goku and Vegeta were the only two saiyans capable of reaching these levels (besides broly obviously) would be absurd. Surely there were at least a few saiyans that died who could’ve had more talent. You all somehow accepted Roshi (who would’ve been demolished by Raditz) becoming relevant despite the large power gap, but somehow it’s absurd to think that fellow saiyans couldn’t become a threat in the long run?

All it would take is Goku/Vegeta naively training saiyans, trying to get them up to speed with new developments, then bam. Ulterior motives of wanting to run the universe with new found strength. As we are finding out with Broly, what better challenge for a saiyan than a fellow saiyan?

I’m excited for the broly movie. I hope it opens the door to more in universe saiyans laying low and lingering around. I still find it hard to believe that there were only a handful of saiyans who weren’t on the planet when They were sending all these newborns to different planets to conquer them.
How i predict the tournament will end:

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:43 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Cumber doesn't exist in the continuity though....And we don't know anything about Broly as of now.
Heroes and Xenoverse uses canon lore, and DBS Broly is obviously going to be an evil saiyan based on all the info we have. If being a good person was necessary to become a SSJ then Pre-Buu arc Vegeta would have never unlocked it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Bergamo wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Reminder that literally anyone can destroy planets at this point, so Beerus, Vegeta, Goku, or even Krillin could take care of all of the saiyans at once if it became a problem. Evil super saiyans also shouldn't be able to exist because of S-Cells, so I don't think any of this would happen.

Vegeta was not evil when he unlocked Super Saiyan. He definitely had a lot of issues, but at that point he had already been introduced to Earth's gentle environment. There's really no point in bringing up non canon characters.
Vegeta was obviously still a villain before the 2nd half of the Buu arc (which is why he was still eligible for the Majin boost despite living peacefully on Earth for 7 years). Merely living on Earth doesn't make you good, if it did then there would be no villains on and/or from Earth (like nearly all of Early DB's villains and the Androids). Broly is canon now, and he's obviously an evil, raging SSJ.

Heroes, Xenoverse and similar material uses canon lore and information to create its characters and stories, so being non-canon isn't really a good argument.

and gentle =/= good.