Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by theTUN » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 pm

ricky84 wrote: Heroes' powerscaling isn't out of control.
A Saiyan fights SSBKK Vegito in base.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:36 pm

theTUN wrote:
What's so out of control about that? Transformations aren't tiers of power.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 pm

kudo6000 wrote:Even after all these weeks, I still can't believe they not only made another Broly film, but got Toriyama to incorporate him into the official story; something that was heresy back in... well, a few months ago, even.
It seems like Toriyama's role is helping everyone get to where they want to go rather than being the one who decides where to go so he simply gave them what they wanted which he even says when the movie was announced.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:27 am

sintzu wrote: It seems like Toriyama's role is helping everyone get to where they want to go rather than being the one who decides where to go so he simply gave them what they wanted which he even says when the movie was announced.
Indeed. He wrote the script and approved the character designs and thats about it.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 am

Wow! the Budokai 3 intro has come so far. I'm 100% sure this will be executed way better than that trash of Vegetto vs Cumber though.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:53 am

ricky84 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
ricky84 wrote: 1. Feats speak for themselves. SDBH (all versions) clearly show how strong a Post-ToP would be, scaling off of Cumber (who's >> Jiren in just base).
Bruh. You're using Heroes? Seriously?
Heroes' powerscaling isn't out of control. The Prison Planet characters are based on the DBS characters (they even had their own ToP before the Prison arc).
It isn't at all applicable to the actual story. It is simply a promotional anime/manga and it is absolutely nothing else.
theTUN wrote:
Yeah pretty much.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:22 am

Again, why is this a power levels strength thread?

Anyway, just wondering when we can expect a second trailer. I've heard people mention October?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 am

JazzMazz wrote:Just wondering when we can expect a second trailer. I've heard people mention October?
Someone here pointed out we'll be getting it on November 25th.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:28 am

sintzu wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Just wondering when we can expect a second trailer. I've heard people mention October?
Huh, that's really late considering.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:57 am

JazzMazz wrote:Again, why is this a power levels strength thread?

Anyway, just wondering when we can expect a second trailer. I've heard people mention October?
There's going to be a big movie panel at NYCC next month with Nagamine and Nozawa as part of the DB tour. They'll likely have something there.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:31 am

JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It’s all really confusing. There was an anouncement that they’ll show off a trailer at Jump Anime Festa, which is held at late November to early December. It seems way too late to reveal a trailer. I still think that we’re going to see something next month, possibly at New York Comic Con.

In other news, here’s a poster for this one event happening in Japan.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:40 am

theTUN wrote:
and this means very little when they aren't dealing with the average saiyan warrior anymore

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 am

theTUN wrote:
That's not how powerscaling works.

Cumber is a new character, with no preconceived, or pre-established rules on how strong he was or should be. Cumber has the lore surrounding him as an ancient evil Saiyan, possibly in the same era as Yamoshi, a lore whose power levels have been quite ambivalent.

Or else, you might as well have said that BoG powerscaling was out of control when they introduced Beerus & Whis, when before all we had to gauge god ki were the Supreme Kais and they were weak as shit compared to the duo.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 am

Rakurai wrote:
theTUN wrote:

Cumber is a new character, with no preconceived, or pre-established rules on how strong he was or should be. Cumber has the lore surrounding him as an ancient evil Saiyan, possibly in the same era as Yamoshi, a lore whose power levels have been quite ambivalent.

Or else, you might as well have said that BoG powerscaling was out of control when they introduced Beerus & Whis, when before all we had to gauge god ki were the Supreme Kais and they were weak as shit compared to the duo.
exactly
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 am

Rakurai wrote:
theTUN wrote:

I'm not totally convinced the supreme kais have exclusively god ki, since it seems they can be sensed

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am

People misusing "Bad power scaling" with story directions or author decisions they personally don't like.

Power scaling is just comparing how strong one character is to another.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 am

Broly looks absolutely killer in this poster. And I am glad to for once see Freeza again in a way that I like.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 pm

I do wonder what the game plan is for taking Broly down.

No matter how it's done, he WILL be defeated. But the question remains what the method will be. Tiring him out? Beating him in a straight fight? Getting a Deus Ex Machina power-up? Making him realize the error of his ways? Many possibilities indeed.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It’s all really confusing. There was an anouncement that they’ll show off a trailer at Jump Anime Festa, which is held at late November to early December. It seems way too late to reveal a trailer. I still think that we’re going to see something next month, possibly at New York Comic Con.

In other news, here’s a poster for this one event happening in Japan.
Is it just me, or does it look like they poorly photoshopped Freeza in at the last second?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I do wonder what the game plan is for taking Broly down.

No matter how it's done, he WILL be defeated. But the question remains what the method will be. Tiring him out? Beating him in a straight fight? Getting a Deus Ex Machina power-up? Making him realize the error of his ways? Many possibilities indeed.
I don't know. Goku and Vegeta never beat Beerus or Zamasu/Goku Black.