Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:29 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: It's really not as hard to avoid as people think. All you need to do is unsub YTubers if one is subbed to some, mute folks & specific DB releated words on twitter. And either delve into another fandom or pick up a time consuming hobby. Or try a 2 month hike up some mountain.
Yeah, it's the YouTube videos I'm worried about. Frieza's return in the ToP was spoiled for me because of video suggestions. Even MasakoX covered the Frieza thing. I wonder if I can trust him this time to avoid putting spoilers in his titles and thumbnails. I'll probably unsub just in case, but his videos will still get suggested anyway.
Just delete your watch history, then go watch videos that are entirely unrelated like cat videos or car channels, freeze your watch history and there you go you're pretty much safe from DB at that point
Or, tbh, just make a youtube account strictly for avoiding spoilers.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Geekdom is going to tell what the "Goku finally..." thing is on DBSakuga discord in about 7.5- 8 hours or so
Are you his official spokesman or something? What's next you gonna start telling us what he has for lunch?
Actually, Geekdom said he would drop some big info tonight at 7.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Geekdom is going to tell what the "Goku finally..." thing is on DBSakuga discord in about 7.5- 8 hours or so
Are you his official spokesman or something? What's next you gonna start telling us what he has for lunch?
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Can't hurt to see what his information is, I suppose. We're a little over 2 days from having full spoilers anyway.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:07 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Just delete your watch history, then go watch videos that are entirely unrelated like cat videos or car channels, freeze your watch history and there you go you're pretty much safe from DB at that point
Sweet. Thanks.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:14 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:If anyone truly wants to remain spoiler free, just dont followe any of the Super Threads on this site for the next month and half.. Not that hard. Also stay away from Geekdom101 or any other super huge DB Related Youtube channels. It's illogical to think that you can just come to this thread that is solely about this Movie and not be spoiled at this point from here on out.
It's naive to think that's enough. People get spoiled for the stupidest reasons nowadays, either with youtube videos thumbnails/titles, feed in social media pages or comments in completely unrelated sites. The most safe way to avoid spoilers is really stop using internet, unless for work purposes.

Personally spoilers don't ruin my enjoyment. Sure I like to watch/play something without knowing everything, but knowing what to expect doesn't ruin my enjoyment and satisfies my curiosity. When the time comes If what I'm watching/playing is good, I will still be satisfied when I finish it.

In other words, bring in the spoilers. Does Bardock fight until the end?! Did Goku drop his guard?! Does Freeza surive?! What about Broly?! How many retcons we have this time?! Was Toriyama's writing any good?! Or the movie is totally "saved" by the talented staff behind it?! I need answers. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Seconding the desire for spoilers! They get me more interested in the product when I know more about it. I'm anxious and hopeful about Wednesday because while I know the animation will be beautiful, I want to know if there's anything in the story that resonates with me. Being told vague statements that oh it's so good means nothing to me without giving examples of why. I guess that's the reason I'm a little frustrated and underwhelmed right now despite how incredible the animation looks. I want fun witty banter between Gokû and Vegeta. I want to see where new Brolli's personality diverges from from classic Brolli; same for Paragus. I want to know what happens to Freeza. I want to know who survives and who doesn't. If they'll just reset everything with the dragon balls or if we're in for another Gokû Black arc ending where things just don't work out.

Come on, Wednesday!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Chuquita wrote:Seconding the desire for spoilers! They get me more interested in the product when I know more about it. I'm anxious and hopeful about Wednesday because while I know the animation will be beautiful, I want to know if there's anything in the story that resonates with me. Being told vague statements that oh it's so good means nothing to me without giving examples of why. I guess that's the reason I'm a little frustrated and underwhelmed right now despite how incredible the animation looks. I want fun witty banter between Gokû and Vegeta. I want to see where new Brolli's personality diverges from from classic Brolli; same for Paragus. I want to know what happens to Freeza. I want to know who survives and who doesn't. If they'll just reset everything with the dragon balls or if we're in for another Gokû Black arc ending where things just don't work out.

Come on, Wednesday!
Well didn't we say it would be Wednesday for them but like 5 in the morning on Thursday for us? I was under the impression we wouldn't get the spoilers until Thursday.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:24 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Seconding the desire for spoilers! They get me more interested in the product when I know more about it. I'm anxious and hopeful about Wednesday because while I know the animation will be beautiful, I want to know if there's anything in the story that resonates with me. Being told vague statements that oh it's so good means nothing to me without giving examples of why. I guess that's the reason I'm a little frustrated and underwhelmed right now despite how incredible the animation looks. I want fun witty banter between Gokû and Vegeta. I want to see where new Brolli's personality diverges from from classic Brolli; same for Paragus. I want to know what happens to Freeza. I want to know who survives and who doesn't. If they'll just reset everything with the dragon balls or if we're in for another Gokû Black arc ending where things just don't work out.

Come on, Wednesday!
Well didn't we say it would be Wednesday for them but like 5 in the morning on Thursday for us? I was under the impression we wouldn't get the spoilers until Thursday.
It should be the opposite Japan is ahead of us. So Wed evening there would be early Wed Morning in the US and I guess afternoon in Europe

Of course I don’t know how soon spoilers will be posted after the showing.

immakillya

Post by immakillya » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:27 pm

I know the English dub is coming out January 16th. But does anyone know if the US will get the Japanese dub with english subtitles in theaters?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Kinokima wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Come on, Wednesday!
It should be the opposite Japan is ahead of us. So Wed evening there would be early Wed Morning in the US and I guess afternoon in Europe

Of course I don’t know how soon spoilers will be posted after the showing.
Oh right my bad I forgot which way we fell in the time zones.
immakillya wrote:I know the English dub is coming out January 16th. But does anyone know if the US will get the Japanese dub with english subtitles in theaters?
I haven't heard anything about it. I think we are stuck with the dub.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Chuquita wrote:So according to the Twitter thread it's not about his EoZ dougi and it can't be something that spoils a big plot point.

I'm putting my bet on him regaining his lost Kakarrotto memories.
So the phrase '' Goku, finally ... '' that is supposed to occur at the end of the movie is not related to Ultra Instinct and nor with what did Nagamine say about Goku being close to becoming a God?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Guys, have I been the only one with some anxiety over the last couple of months that this movie may be underwhelming?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:24 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Chuquita wrote:So according to the Twitter thread it's not about his EoZ dougi and it can't be something that spoils a big plot point.

So the phrase '' Goku, finally ... '' that is supposed to occur at the end of the movie is not related to Ultra Instinct and nor with what did Nagamine say about Goku being close to becoming a God?
My theory is that if Geekdom's allowed to reveal what "Goku, finally..." means days before the premiere even happens then it can't be something detrimental to the main plot in a way that it would spoil the whole movie.
Miracles wrote:Guys, have I been the only one with some anxiety over the last couple of months that this movie may be underwhelming?
I'm in a somewhat similar boat where instead of anxiety about it I'm instead having difficulty getting excited about the film because I have concerns that it'll just be one big spectacle with no fun dialogue and no interesting story to go along with fight fight fight fight. I blame the way they've been marketing the movie.

There's been other cases I'm sure where a film's marketing isn't fully reflective of the film's content though so for that reason I'm not giving up.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Miracles wrote:Guys, have I been the only one with some anxiety over the last couple of months that this movie may be underwhelming?

A lot depends on your own expectations. If they are very high and you are very hyped-up, it's easier to get dissapointed.
I always hold in the back of my mind this is a cartoon (a very artful cartoon) marketed for kids at the end.
No bad intend, that's just the way it is.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Geekdom confirmed on his Twitch channel than in 2 hours he will give us spoilers about the ending, some character stuff etc.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

My theory is that if Geekdom's allowed to reveal what "Goku, finally..." means days before the premiere even happens then it can't be something detrimental to the main plot in a way that it would spoil the whole movie.
But how does he have this kind of information even before the movie's premiere?

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Mercenary wrote:Geekdom confirmed on his Twitch channel than in 2 hours he will give us spoilers about the ending, some character stuff etc.
I hope is something we didn't think about and not just "Goku finally recovers his memories"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:53 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
But how does he have this kind of information even before the movie's premiere?
I thought it was common knowledge that Geekdom has inside sources and loads of connections

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Guys, I'm beginning to think it might have to do with Goku meeting his parents