Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Simere wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
Simere wrote: What would that argument look like?
I'll put this argument in a logical manner.
All other Frieza Soldiers = no character, just common/expendable lackies with no lines. {value=null}
Appule = We get to see his interactions with Zarbon and Vegeta. {value=something somewhat above 'null'}
Seems like Zarbon himself should count.
It's a discussion about the random Frieza grunts, not the elites who always have fleshed personality and some sort of a biography.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Do you guys think either Toei or Funimation will release some few minute clips shortly before the release of the movie like they did with Battle of Gods back in 2013?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm so impressed they got Umakoshi! That's really cool!
Who? Is this a late addition?
Character designer on MHA. He's done work going back into the 90's. Prolific animator.
http://animatorscorner.com/staff_profile/1746
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=y ... o_umakoshi
And it's confirmed he is working on this movie?

Draconic wrote:Hahaha. What does merch have to do with the movie? Just because they're making Gogeta stuff doesn't mean he's in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, who cares what the animators say? Just because they're drawing someone doesn't mean it will be in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are reaching.
:lol:

Nothing is confirmed yet....
Draconic wrote:Geez, I WAS joking guys. I thought 6 laughing faces was more than obvious. I was taking a jab at Miracles (all in good fun, hope he doesn't take it any other way).
I found it funny. It's all in fun.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Miracles wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Miracles wrote: Who? Is this a late addition?
Character designer on MHA. He's done work going back into the 90's. Prolific animator.
http://animatorscorner.com/staff_profile/1746
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=y ... o_umakoshi
And it's confirmed he is working on this movie?
https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1040244087717289989 Yup. Terez of Kanzenshuu investigated/discovered it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:41 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: There is no evidence that a current Fusion between Goku and Vegeta boosts more power than Mastered Ultra Instinct. And if it does provide slightly more power, it won’t be enough to compensate for it against Ultra Instinct’s insane striking power and dodging speed.
There is also no evidence that completed UI Goku is stronger than a broky movie fusion. All we know is that UI Goku surpassed the previous fusion Vegito.
There is more evidence pointing towards Ultra Instinct Goku being able to actually WIN in a fight than a SSJ Blue Fusion yes. It’s called reason and logic. And any fan who uses it will come to that same conclusion. MUI Goku absolutely STOMPS Vegito or Gogeta Blue. That is all i’m going to say for now. This discussion is over since it’s off-topic anyway.
If you actually understood how fusion works (as well as reason and logic lmao) you'd know that a Post-ToP SSB Fusion would by default would be much stronger than MUI Goku. Both Goku and Vegeta individually in the middle of the ToP surpassed Black-arc Vegito, so if they fused now the result would by default be WAY stronger then before (as shown in the Prison Planet arc).

Your entire argument boils down to "UI is stronger because I want it to be, stop proving me wrong" lmao.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I'd just like Gogeta to finish the deal in this movie and not be a gimmick at this point like Vegetto is...
Why exactly is it important that Gogeta wins or "finishes the deal"? People do not like characters because of their win/loss ratio. I would rather Broli be defeated through plot reasons and not another powerup
If win/lose ratios determined popularity then virtually no one in the franchise would be popular since they all take a lot of L's lol.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm

BrolySSJL wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
There is also no evidence that completed UI Goku is stronger than a broky movie fusion. All we know is that UI Goku surpassed the previous fusion Vegito.
There is more evidence pointing towards Ultra Instinct Goku being able to actually WIN in a fight than a SSJ Blue Fusion yes. It’s called reason and logic. And any fan who uses it will come to that same conclusion. MUI Goku absolutely STOMPS Vegito or Gogeta Blue. That is all i’m going to say for now. This discussion is over since it’s off-topic anyway.
It's a joke, right?

Was Goku SSJ3 stronger than Vegito SSJ? Goku will NEVER be more powerful than Vegito or Gogeta.
Both Goku and Vegeta had already surpassed Black arc Vegito without UI since ep.123 of Super. Hell, base Goku and base Vegeta surpassed Buu arc Vegito after BoG.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Even after all these weeks, I still can't believe they not only made another Broly film, but got Toriyama to incorporate him into the official story; something that was heresy back in... well, a few months ago, even.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:34 pm

kudo6000 wrote:Even after all these weeks, I still can't believe they not only made another Broly film, but got Toriyama to incorporate him into the official story; something that was heresy back in... well, a few months ago, even.
Not only that but it had Toriyama work on an entire 3 hour script, shows the man has passion for material when he finds it interesting. I want to see those Toriyama Broli concept art designs though

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

ricky84 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
If you actually understood how fusion works (as well as reason and logic lmao) you'd know that a Post-ToP SSB Fusion would by default would be much stronger than MUI Goku. Both Goku and Vegeta individually in the middle of the ToP surpassed Black-arc Vegito, so if they fused now the result would by default be WAY stronger then before (as shown in the Prison Planet arc).

Your entire argument boils down to "UI is stronger because I want it to be, stop proving me wrong" lmao.
The same can be said about you. You’re just using head canon by claiming that a current Vegetto would be stronger than MUI Goku without any solid evidence. The truth is, no such statement has ever been made. And pre-existing multipliers for Vegito don’t work either since fusions will just be as strong as the plot requiers. At least Goku has Ultra Instinct. Which is considered to be a peerless form by Whis and even the promotional material that came out when the ToP was still going. Just because Jiren got a few shots in on MUI Goku, does not mean that a hypothetical SSJ Blue Vegito could do the same if he were up against MUI Goku. Jiren was clearly stated to be a being that absolutely cannot lose, no matter what. Even though he did, the point they were trying to make is that Jiren was special. I seriously can’t see MUI Goku losing against Vegito Blue. Keep in mind that Ultra Instinct isn’t just the ability to auto-dodge, it’s also a MASSIVE power increase on top of that.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:44 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:Even after all these weeks, I still can't believe they not only made another Broly film, but got Toriyama to incorporate him into the official story; something that was heresy back in... well, a few months ago, even.
Not only that but it had Toriyama work on an entire 3 hour script, shows the man has passion for material when he finds it interesting. I want to see those Toriyama Broli concept art designs though
The power of MARKETING is just that strong.

I don't dislike the idea of a better executed Brolli, but I hope we find out more about the plot soon. They have all these high name people working on a Brolli movie of all things I want to hope it's not just Movie 8 again. And it might not be, but with very little proof I'm hesitant.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I dunno about you guys, but so far I'm a firm believer of the theory that the new Broly has been genetically modified, like how Dr. Gero modified 17 and 18, thus explaining why he's so freakishly strong by Universe 7 Saiyan standards despite the norm barely putting most Saiyans above Freeza's men.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:25 pm

CTAkuma wrote: Not only that but it had Toriyama work on an entire 3 hour script, shows the man has passion for material when he finds it interesting. I want to see those Toriyama Broli concept art designs though
Wasn't the storyboard what ended up being about 3 hours long, not the script?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Not only that but it had Toriyama work on an entire 3 hour script, shows the man has passion for material when he finds it interesting. I want to see those Toriyama Broli concept art designs though
Wasn't the storyboard what ended up being about 3 hours long, not the script?
Right, thanks for correcting me, still impressive for Toriyama though to care that about this movie

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:02 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Let's just hopes this will actually be a fight though, i'm sick and tired of last 30 second stomp/oneshots
What 30 second one shots? Lol that never happens in Super. Generally the fights are more even than the other two series.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I dunno about you guys, but so far I'm a firm believer of the theory that the new Broly has been genetically modified, like how Dr. Gero modified 17 and 18, thus explaining why he's so freakishly strong by Universe 7 Saiyan standards despite the norm barely putting most Saiyans above Freeza's men.
The "Universe 7 Saiyans standards" bit is important here because the Universe 6 Saiyans standards make their Universe 7 counterparts look like a joke.

I like the genetically modified part of it. But I don't know if I would be entirely satisfied with it. I'm sure Toriyama could come up with something more creative. I don't know what, but that's why I'm not writing the series :D

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:18 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: There is more evidence pointing towards Ultra Instinct Goku being able to actually WIN in a fight than a SSJ Blue Fusion yes. It’s called reason and logic. And any fan who uses it will come to that same conclusion. MUI Goku absolutely STOMPS Vegito or Gogeta Blue. That is all i’m going to say for now. This discussion is over since it’s off-topic anyway.

The same can be said about you. You’re just using head canon by claiming that a current Vegetto would be stronger than MUI Goku without any solid evidence. The truth is, no such statement has ever been made. And pre-existing multipliers for Vegito don’t work either since fusions will just be as strong as the plot requiers. At least Goku has Ultra Instinct. Which is considered to be a peerless form by Whis and even the promotional material that came out when the ToP was still going. Just because Jiren got a few shots in on MUI Goku, does not mean that a hypothetical SSJ Blue Vegito could do the same if he were up against MUI Goku. Jiren was clearly stated to be a being that absolutely cannot lose, no matter what. Even though he did, the point they were trying to make is that Jiren was special. I seriously can’t see MUI Goku losing against Vegito Blue. Keep in mind that Ultra Instinct isn’t just the ability to auto-dodge, it’s also a MASSIVE power increase on top of that.
Pure BS lol

1. Feats speak for themselves. SDBH (all versions) clearly show how strong a Post-ToP would be, scaling off of Cumber (who's >> Jiren in just base).

2. The potara multiplier was never retconned (none of the multipliers were). You just don't wanna admit MUI could be topped by a character using a weaker form.

3. "Jiren was clearly stated to be a being that absolutely cannot lose, no matter what", yet he clearly lost, badly lol. You're making the same fallacy that Saitama fanboys do. MUI Goku completely dominated him.

"Even though he did, the point they were trying to make is that Jiren was special.", nearly every single main antagonist in DB were described as that (especially Freeza), yet they all got beaten and surpassed. Jiren is no different.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 pm

ricky84 wrote: 1. Feats speak for themselves. SDBH (all versions) clearly show how strong a Post-ToP would be, scaling off of Cumber (who's >> Jiren in just base).
Bruh. You're using Heroes? Seriously?

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I dunno about you guys, but so far I'm a firm believer of the theory that the new Broly has been genetically modified, like how Dr. Gero modified 17 and 18, thus explaining why he's so freakishly strong by Universe 7 Saiyan standards despite the norm barely putting most Saiyans above Freeza's men.
Or maybe he could simply be a legendary being like Yamoshi and the old Broly. Toriyama did say that destiny was involved with Broly, Goku and Vegeta's histories and fight in this film.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ricky84 wrote: 1. Feats speak for themselves. SDBH (all versions) clearly show how strong a Post-ToP would be, scaling off of Cumber (who's >> Jiren in just base).
Bruh. You're using Heroes? Seriously?
Heroes' powerscaling isn't out of control. The Prison Planet characters are based on the DBS characters (they even had their own ToP before the Prison arc).

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:Let's just hopes this will actually be a fight though, i'm sick and tired of last 30 second stomp/oneshots
What 30 second one shots? Lol that never happens in Super. Generally the fights are more even than the other two series.
Well guess where Gogeta and Broli come from? Now compare how Gogeta stomped Janemba in the last 30 second and Broli getting oneshot by Goku. Also the 4D Broli movie had a Gogeta lookalike (God fusion Goku) do a last minute stomp on Broli.

I can have my doubts