Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:And now the chance of Beerus vs Broly has been put on the table.
I find that unlikely. Beerus and Whis' role in the film will remain the same as it did in RoF, if I were to guess: a neutral bystander providing comedic commentary.
Last edited by kudo6000 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:They’re planning to surprise us with UI. That’s all. Can’t anyone see this???! The reason why they took that power away from Goku (yes he never had it to begin with, i know) but you get my freaking point, is because they want to give Broly a chance to shine and cause despair among the main cast. If Goku had Ultra Instinct from the start of this movie completely mastered, there would hardly be any tension at all and Broly would be a total joke and his character would be ruined forever as a result. If Goku activates UI right now in a desperate battle, the emotional reactions of fans would be way higher than if Goku already had the form from the start.. Remember how everyone got all hyped every time Goku transcended into UI??! Jep that’s right! Fans are going crazy! And now they want to recreate the exact same thing again!
Or he’s not in the movie at all as the merch is hinting and Broly will be defeated by Gogeta, self destruction, etc. And now the chance of Beerus vs Broly has been put on the table.
Well if we’re using that logic than Gogeta won’t be appearing either just like the merch hints!

Where is the evidence for a Gogeta/Fusion dance specifically?? If there was a fusion it could just as easily be(and far more likely in fact) a Vegetto. Potara’s are WAY more convienent, easier, and 100% without fail. What’s more, Vegeta doesn’t even know how to do the dance! The timelimit is even shorter than the now retconned potara’s (30 minutes) and will likely defuse in 1 minute time (if the FT Arc is anything to go by)

So WHY??? Are people that desperate to see the fusion fance canonized that they have to resort to false conclusions for which there is absolutely not a shred of evidence?

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:27 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:They’re planning to surprise us with UI. That’s all. Can’t anyone see this???! The reason why they took that power away from Goku (yes he never had it to begin with, i know) but you get my freaking point, is because they want to give Broly a chance to shine and cause despair among the main cast. If Goku had Ultra Instinct from the start of this movie completely mastered, there would hardly be any tension at all and Broly would be a total joke and his character would be ruined forever as a result. If Goku activates UI right now in a desperate battle, the emotional reactions of fans would be way higher than if Goku already had the form from the start.. Remember how everyone got all hyped every time Goku transcended into UI??! Jep that’s right! Fans are going crazy! And now they want to recreate the exact same thing again!
Or he’s not in the movie at all as the merch is hinting and Broly will be defeated by Gogeta, self destruction, etc. And now the chance of Beerus vs Broly has been put on the table.
Well if we’re using that logic than Gogeta won’t be appearing either just like the merch hints!

Where is the evidence for a Gogeta/Fusion dance specifically?? If there was a fusion it could just as easily be(and far more likely in fact) a Vegetto. Potara’s are WAY more convienent, easier, and 100% without fail. What’s more, Vegeta doesn’t even know how to do the dance! The timelimit is even shorter than the now retconned potara’s (30 minutes) and will likely defuse in 1 minute time (if the FT Arc is anything to go by)

So WHY??? Are people that desperate to see the fusion fance canonized that they have to resort to false conclusions for which there is absolutely not a shred of evidence?
It's because of Movie 12 being shown in theaters along with Broly and Bardock (which both tie into the movie's story) and also because according to the merch there are 2 "New characters" figures coming out which can be used for Gogeta, if UI was one of them it would just say UI Goku or something like New form Son Goku (provisional)
I doubt it but it's possible

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:34 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:And now the chance of Beerus vs Broly has been put on the table.
I find that unlikely. Beerus and Whis' role in the film will remain the same as it did in RoF, if I were to guess: a neutral bystander providing comedic commentary.
I would hope not that Toei had learned their lesson in that regard, that having someone way stronger and capable of taking out the enemy in an instant if said enemy threatens his source of good food completely saps the tension of the film, like it did in RoF. Given what we've seen I think it's more likely that they aren't present at all for the better part of the fighting, anyway.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:37 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Well theres the fact that out of any movies and specials, in the US they decided to show the Broly movie, Fusion Reborn, and the Bardock special. Broly is confirmed and Bardock is in the trailer. So that majorly hints at Gogeta and Funimation even pushes that idea further when they tweeted this: https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 6308771840

Also, a few weeks ago, the DBS twitter advertised dbs brand donuts and the one the specific donut they advertised happened to have art of Goku in his regular gi and Vegeta in his regular armor doing the fusion dance.

And while the merch doesn’t directly hint at Gogeta, it gives hints as to why UI won’t happen which inadvertently raises the chances of Gogeta happening over UI. And as a side not, Gogeta would be the only way to perform a fusion since there are no signs of Shin with Goku and Vegeta when they fight Broly. And finally, to hell with that excuse. “Oh, Gogeta can’t happen because Vegeta doesn’t know it”. Thats BS. Vegeta has seen Goten and Trunks fuse thousands of times. They could Ashly just say that he knows the movements since he’s seen them so much.

And this is personally just me but i can definitely see Goku and Vegeta trying to fuse while Freeza acts as the Pikkon character and tries to hold Broly off as Goku and Vegeta do the dance.

There is way more that suggests that Gogeta will happen over UI or anything else really. There’s your evidence.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Shaddy wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:
I would hope not that Toei had learned their lesson in that regard, that having someone way stronger and capable of taking out the enemy in an instant if said enemy threatens his source of good food completely saps the tension of the film, like it did in RoF. Given what we've seen I think it's more likely that they aren't present at all for the better part of the fighting, anyway.
I actually hope that Beerus and Whis only stay for the beginning scene at Capsule Corp and then they leave before the real shit starts to go down. Maybe Beerus goes home to nap.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:08 pm

I’ll say this about this film; if Gogeta does appear, and ends up defeating Broly, this movie will officially top the Future Trunks arc of Super as the most fanservicey thing in all of Dragon Ball.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:09 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
TheOne wrote:How is Goku a mindless fighting machine when we saw him flip out when Jiren attacked his friends In the stands? We hadn’t seen him that pissed off since hearing about chi chi and Goten.
The way Whis explains Ultra Instinct is that a person moves before thinking. Goku didn't master the form until he lost all sense of himself, in a perfect zen state. In the mastered form, not only does he move before thinking, he doesn't think at all. He protected his friends out of...well instinct, but he is otherwise stoic. He doesn't talk, he doesn't enjoy the challenge, he just fights. I imagine Goku probably doesn't enjoy using the form either, given that it takes all the fun out of fighting.
The only sentence in your statement that was factual was your first sentence. Everything else was your own “interpretation” to defend your head canon. The beginning of most of Gokus transformations started out being stoic. As the series progressed, he eventually lightened up. You can’t really say much about this one since we only got it during one arc and ended shortly after. Goku said plenty of stuff while in UI to indicate he’s not just a “fighting machine”.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:11 pm

I was hoping that Broli would be a bit weaker than Jiren. I do feel like not everyone has to use ABC logic to be powerful and threaten. Golden Freeza was weaker than Beerus, but still give Goku and the others trouble.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:47 pm

emperior wrote: It would be awesome if this time Beerus too joined the fight, and it’s also clear at this point that Goku and Vegeta will need to achieve UI or fuse to bring Broly’s down, unless he self-destructs because of too much power.
I wouldn’t mind Beerus dying as that would also make Whis go. The tension would be incredible without those two around.
I hope Beerus fights Broly and then he realizes he dreamed about him. Then, we stop seen the ridiculous theories that the saiyan he dreamed about was Bardok or Yamoshi.

I wonder what would be the position of the angel if his/her GoD is about to die. If this happens, the angel probably just revive him/her with the staff, or could the GoD order the angel to kill her/his enemy? (Do you remember Champa ordering Vados to kill Beerus?)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:55 pm

Oracle wrote:
emperior wrote: It would be awesome if this time Beerus too joined the fight, and it’s also clear at this point that Goku and Vegeta will need to achieve UI or fuse to bring Broly’s down, unless he self-destructs because of too much power.
I wouldn’t mind Beerus dying as that would also make Whis go. The tension would be incredible without those two around.
I hope Beerus fights Broly and then he realizes he dreamed about him. Then, we stop seen the ridiculous theories that the saiyan he dreamed about was Bardok or Yamoshi.

I wonder what would be the position of the angel if his/her GoD is about to die. If this happens, the angel probably just revive him/her with the staff, or could the GoD order the angel to kill her/his enemy? (Do you remember Champa ordering Vados to kill Beerus?)
The saiyan he dreamed about was Goku. All those theories that it was Bardock or Broly is kinda dumb

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Oracle wrote:

He dreamed about Goku. Was it not clear? He dreamed about a Super Saiyan God and got a Super Saiyan God. There's nothing more to it.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Oracle wrote:

He dreamed about Goku. Was it not clear? He dreamed about a Super Saiyan God and got a Super Saiyan God. There's nothing more to it.
It is clear for me, but maybe not for the thousands of people uploading ridiculous videos in YouTube about that and the people in the comments section.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Oracle wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Oracle wrote:

It is clear for me, but maybe not for the thousands of people uploading ridiculous videos in YouTube about that and the people in the comments section.
They know it's Goku. DBZTubers thrive on clickbait. Toriyama has no obligation to pander to these people, and the dumb theories will continue, but it's just part of the fanbase.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:20 pm

DBtubers and their dumb theories will never end since thats what gets the most views

"Broly is saiyan from Beerus dreams"

"Broly killed Jirens parents confirmed"

"Broly is confirmed to be a bio engineered saiyan made by Freeza force"

:roll:

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:40 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I’ll say this about this film; if Gogeta does appear, and ends up defeating Broly, this movie will officially top the Future Trunks arc of Super as the most fanservicey thing in all of Dragon Ball.
What? Are you implying that the mere fact that this is a Broly film doesn't make it "the most"fanservicey thing in all of Dragon Ball"?

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:45 pm

First of all the ToP was by far the most fanservicey thing in DB history. Not sure how you think Goku Black arc even compares

We got
First female ssj
Broly but a girl
The OG cast getting to fight again
Gohan getting some shine again
Vegeta gets new exclusive form
Freeza comes back
Androids team up
Goku finally becomes strongest mortal around

I'm sure I'm missing something but the last arc of super was pretty much a "how can we make fans happy" arc if i've ever seen one

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:52 pm

MoscoSama wrote:First of all the ToP was by far the most fanservicey thing in DB history. Not sure how you think Goku Black arc even compares

We got
First female ssj
Broly but a girl
The OG cast getting to fight again
Gohan getting some shine again
Vegeta gets new exclusive form
Freeza comes back
Androids team up
Goku finally becomes strongest mortal around

I'm sure I'm missing something but the last arc of super was pretty much a "how can we make fans happy" arc if i've ever seen one
I think that last point is wrong.

Sure UI Goku “beat Jiren”. A severely worn out version. If it was Jiren 100% vs UI Goku, Jiren would probabaly outlast Goku’s UI form since we know there is a limit to how long he can hold it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:15 am

MoscoSama wrote:First of all the ToP was by far the most fanservicey thing in DB history. Not sure how you think Goku Black arc even compares

Indeed it was. From my point of view, from where I stand, I saw that Dragon Ball Super provided fanservice for nearly every kind of fan. I'm not included in that group though. which is why I would say this Dragon Ball Super movie has the obligation to give me the fanservice I want, it is time for me to get what I want out of it. And all I want from this movie is a decent Saiyan backstory/lore/information (the things that I value the most); covering the Yamoshi and Tsufurujin stuff and giving proper character development and enough screentime to certain Saiyans.

It is high time for me get happy about something from the "main series" as I do want to love it again. Only then I may consider the series to be alive to me and may give it another chance by watching the next series. If people got what they wanted, why couldn't I?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:47 am

kudo6000 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I’ll say this about this film; if Gogeta does appear, and ends up defeating Broly, this movie will officially top the Future Trunks arc of Super as the most fanservicey thing in all of Dragon Ball.
What? Are you implying that the mere fact that this is a Broly film doesn't make it "the most"fanservicey thing in all of Dragon Ball"?
I guess, but the Future Trunks arc had an evil Goku, a new form for Trunks, and the return of Vegetto.