Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Terez » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Terez wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
We eat other species, but we dont often eat each other outside of lunatics, serial killers, cults etc

Saying Paragus would eat him because vegeta ate another living being is like saying we'd cannibalise other humans because we eat other animals.

And a lot of animals can talk in this series so that's not really a factor.
You are misrepresenting my argument.
Hardly. There is a difference between eating other intelligent species and eating your own species.
I never said there wasn't. It's like you just shot off before you got to the end of my comment, or it just didn't click in your brain, or something.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 pm

I don't know why this is being discussed. There is no way in hell that Toriyama would ever write a cannibalism scene. Paragus simply killed him because their food supplies would go further without having to worry about feeding this guy.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Additional context: Movie #11 was directed by Yama'uchi Shigeyasu, the mentor of Movie #20 Director Nagamine Tatsuya, so violence isn't unlikely.
That's all well and good, except the gif I used was from Movie 8, not 11.
Shaddy wrote:It's a very un-Toriyama approach to suddenly make Saiyans cannibalize each other and I don't think Kunzait's comparison to baby Broly getting stabbed is very apt (given that it's silhouetted, happening to a character we already know survives, and not even written by Toriyama). Moreover I think the thing is that Toriyama wrote that Saiyans are a warrior race of collossal dickholes. Toei largely adapted this with the ape transformation in mind, depicting them as grimy barbarians (not wrongly as Vegeta eats a citizen of a planet he conquered in his first appearance). Lately however, as has shown with Minus, U6 and this film, it seems he's going for a cold, more belligerent and distant approach. The disparity comes in it feeling like the saiyans we know would totally kill one of their own and eat him, but the saiyans Toriyama wrote would take a more calculated reasoning for killing him, and being able to determine what resources are worth it outside of that.
Minus is one thing (as its a direct retcon set in the "main" Universe 7, occurring with the very Saiya-jin we've always known from Freeza's empire), but I'm not entirely sure that comparing the mainline U7 Saiya-jin against the Saiya-jin of Universe 6 is entirely warranted anyway.

Universe 6 is a whole other reality from that of the main series' universe, and the Saiya-jin there have a totally different history and no doubt a very different cultural development altogether. They clearly maintain the core component of being a brutish race of hostile warriors obsessed with fighting and violence, but the glimpses we see of the U6 Saiya-jin's home world Sadala clearly show that their culture diverges quite significantly from those of the main U7 ones: no doubt because they never lost their homeworld and became a more nomadic race of planet conquerors like those of U7.

Even if the Minus retcon was never a thing, there's nothing to suggest that the U6 Saiya-jin still wouldn't be something of a different beast entirely from those in U7, simply by virtue of them being from a whole other reality with a whole different alternate cultural history entirely.
Shaddy wrote:So all that said, the real reason I don't think Broly and Paragus ate Beers isn't because it's too dark, it's because that sort of random morbidity (which is different from darkness) isn't something Toriyama would write, even if it fits okay with the version of the saiyans Toei gave us for a long time. It's the kind of unnecessarily edgy you'd see nonstop in Dragon Ball Multiverse, not the controlled bursts Toriyama uses.
Toriyama wrote a LOT of "random bursts of morbid violence" in the original series that certain corners of fandom today would label as "unnecessarily edgy" if the original series were being made today. Characters are gorily/graphically tortured, maimed, and murdered left and right, children are burned alive with callous impunity... hell there's an entire major subplot of the Boo arc that concerns a pair of psychotic gunmen going on a mass shooting spree and slaughtering random elderly people and puppies with real-world assault rifles: how's that for "unnecessarily edgy"?

Put it this way: if Dragon Ball were first being released exactly as it was back then in today's time, would you refer to it as "unnecessarily edgy" when Daimao puts a bloody, fist-sized hole through the torso of that random King's Castle guard? Or getting a close-up view of Dodoria's head literally melting off at the neck when Vegeta kills him? Not to mention the infamous Videl vs Spopovich fight, Kuririn's impalement on Freeza's horn, Gero squishing a random bystander's neck till his head pops off like a champagne cork, Nappa knocking Tenshinhan's arm off, Tao Pai Pai spearing Bora, Dodoria's gruesome slaughter of the Namekian warriors & villagers, the flat out Fist of the North Star-esque means that Babidi likes to use to magically execute people, etc. etc. etc. We can literally be here for pages upon pages at a time listing this stuff off.

Don't get me wrong here: Dragon Ball is indeed plenty silly and whimsically comedic, and all that, absolutely. But it is also at the same time, and has always been, absolutely and unquestionably graphically violent and brutal as all get out on countless, numerous occasions. The series is BOTH silly & whimsical AND ALSO at times bone-crunchingly blood-soaked and nasty at the same time, sometimes within the same breath.

There's a ridiculous tug of war that's always gone on between sects of fans for years and years now with regards to what Dragon Ball's "actual tone" is "supposed" to be. There are those on the more dub-focused end of the spectrum who only highlight the bloody, brutal bits, and push Dragon Ball as basically the anime equivalent of a Korn music video. That's obviously very, very wrong. But at the same time, there are those on the more Toriyama/manga/Japanese version end of the fanbase who also just as wrongly over-highlight and over-focus on the humor and lighthearted aspects of it, and insist that the series isn't actually and has never been all THAT dark at all either. When the reality is that that's ALSO just as wrong as the Linkin Ball Z mindset, but in the opposite extreme.

The reality is that Dragon Ball to one extent or another is BOTH of these things simultaneously. Not a Korn music video obviously, but DB is certainly both a work of lighthearted comedic silliness that's clearly from a gag manga author as well as one of skull-smashing brutality and viciousness... because this is a gag manga author who generally speaking draws primarily to entertain himself (by his own admission on many occasions). DB oscillates between BOTH these clashing tonalities on a dime, and sometimes even occupies both simultaneously, both because its just that anarchistic and freewheeling, and also because, once again, martial arts fantasy of its type has ALWAYS generally been like that (mashing slapstick cartoon silliness together with grave and dire drama and hard-hittingly brutal violence).

And also note that none of this is in ANY way some kind of a defense for something like Multiverse, which I also happen to agree is awful and little more than vapid fanboy idiocy on the level of DB Heroes (that just happens to be well drawn from time to time). But nonetheless, what makes something like Multiverse shallow and unbearable isn't that characters get bloodily dismembered or beaten till their skulls cave in. That happens quite literally almost ALL THE TIME in the actual original series (at least pre-revival, since both Kai and Super aren't aired in primetime like the original anime was).

Something like Multiverse is bad because its narratively and creatively empty and vacuous and exists as little more than a paper-thin excuse for fans to wallow in a series of drawn vindications for their various Power Level and Strength Scaling message board debates and squabbles. It is literally Dragon Ball as a WWE Pay-Per-View event. Its levels of violence, in and of itself, has just about absolutely NOTHING to do whatsoever with any of its faults: it'd be just as empty and hollow and boring if it were squeaky clean to Disney standards.

The violence we see in the original series works because its used to help bolster and support a strong narrative and strong characters (in terms of writing and/or general creative execution I mean, not the other kind of strength), and also frankly because it fits right at home in the kind of story its trying to tell and the stylistic conventions its trying to embody. The idea that any kind of overt display of dark morbidity in any kind of story in general is inherently bad and a strike against it because "huuur, edgelords" or whatever is just as stupid and ridiculous as the exact type of "pointless edginess for its own sake" nonsense that this mindset is meant to rail against.

Ultimate point being, a DB story that contains some stark displays of violence and brutality is in NO way "un-Toriyama". Quite the opposite in fact, given just what's there within the original run of DB itself. Again, this is the same guy who had gun-wielding spree killers going on a homicidal rampage in the same arc where he introduces his magic bubblegum monster that turns people into candy. Toriyama does a ton of goofy gags, and they're indeed his main signature; but he's also never, ever been above also including a ton of coldly brutal moments throughout his big martial arts fantasy series, or even having them overlap and crisscross with all of its more overtly silly and whimsical aspects. That's just as much a fundamental part of Dragon Ball as Kamehamehas and Kintouns.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:02 am

I'm really talking about specifically implying that the film's new character and his dad murdered a member of their own race and consumed his flesh, and how that doesn't fit with either the way Toriyama writes or the fact that Broly in this film is portrayed as mostly an innocent victim, it's not a matter of "Dragon Ball's not that dark" so much as it's weird and gross in a way that doesn't feel like Dragon Ball's brand of edgy. Mostly that just comes from literally "we haven't seen human-looking characters consume each other's flesh before", I'm just saying it doesn't feel like it fits with the overall state of this film or the franchise as a whole. It would be a weird detail to include anyway. I'm not saying Dragon Ball doesn't do edgy, just that the way it does it is more innocuous than the idea of Paragus cannibalizing Beets seems to me, or that the slightly softer direction the newer parts of the franchise takes would have as much issue with. Maybe it's just because the idea of cannibalism is freaky to me in general, I dunno.

On a side note, I wasn't saying the more fucked up stuff in Multiverse is the only reason it's bad, just that in a similar sense it's style and most importantly constant stream of edginess are part of the reason it's hard to take seriously. Like, Sonic games have really terrible writing in general, but you can still endear people to characters if you're not a good writer (after all, look at Toriyama). It was seeing Shadow swearing, brandishing a gun, riding a motorcycle is what made me really stop giving a fuck, made me know that the people making the game didn't give a fuck. Moreover, what Dragon Ball did in that respect is very much in contrast with the fact that it always saved that stuff and used it infrequently to punctuate actions. That's why I said it was controlled. It wasn't like, every four pages. Multiverse just fuckin' serves severed heads and blood splatters like tennis balls, it's gratuitous, and therefore worse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:15 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Additional context: Movie #11 was directed by Yama'uchi Shigeyasu, the mentor of Movie #20 Director Nagamine Tatsuya, so violence isn't unlikely.
That 'Movie #20' didn't tip you off, eh?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Shaddy wrote:It's a very un-Toriyama approach to suddenly make Saiyans cannibalize each other and I don't think Kunzait's comparison to baby Broly getting stabbed is very apt (given that it's silhouetted, happening to a character we already know survives, and not even written by Toriyama). Moreover I think the thing is that Toriyama wrote that Saiyans are a warrior race of collossal dickholes. Toei largely adapted this with the ape transformation in mind, depicting them as grimy barbarians (not wrongly as Vegeta eats a citizen of a planet he conquered in his first appearance). Lately however, as has shown with Minus, U6 and this film, it seems he's going for a cold, more belligerent and distant approach. The disparity comes in it feeling like the saiyans we know would totally kill one of their own and eat him, but the saiyans Toriyama wrote would take a more calculated reasoning for killing him, and being able to determine what resources are worth it outside of that.
Minus is one thing (as its a direct retcon set in the "main" Universe 7, occurring with the very Saiya-jin we've always known from Freeza's empire), but I'm not entirely sure that comparing the mainline U7 Saiya-jin against the Saiya-jin of Universe 6 is entirely warranted anyway.

Universe 6 is a whole other reality from that of the main series' universe, and the Saiya-jin there have a totally different history and no doubt a very different cultural development altogether. They clearly maintain the core component of being a brutish race of hostile warriors obsessed with fighting and violence, but the glimpses we see of the U6 Saiya-jin's home world Sadala clearly show that their culture diverges quite significantly from those of the main U7 ones: no doubt because they never lost their homeworld and became a more nomadic race of planet conquerors like those of U7.

Even if the Minus retcon was never a thing, there's nothing to suggest that the U6 Saiya-jin still wouldn't be something of a different beast entirely from those in U7, simply by virtue of them being from a whole other reality with a whole different alternate cultural history entirely.
Shaddy wrote:So all that said, the real reason I don't think Broly and Paragus ate Beers isn't because it's too dark, it's because that sort of random morbidity (which is different from darkness) isn't something Toriyama would write, even if it fits okay with the version of the saiyans Toei gave us for a long time. It's the kind of unnecessarily edgy you'd see nonstop in Dragon Ball Multiverse, not the controlled bursts Toriyama uses.
Toriyama wrote a LOT of "random bursts of morbid violence" in the original series that certain corners of fandom today would label as "unnecessarily edgy" if the original series were being made today. Characters are gorily/graphically tortured, maimed, and murdered left and right, children are burned alive with callous impunity... hell there's an entire major subplot of the Boo arc that concerns a pair of psychotic gunmen going on a mass shooting spree and slaughtering random elderly people and puppies with real-world assault rifles: how's that for "unnecessarily edgy"?

Put it this way: if Dragon Ball were first being released exactly as it was back then in today's time, would you refer to it as "unnecessarily edgy" when Daimao puts a bloody, fist-sized hole through the torso of that random King's Castle guard? Or getting a close-up view of Dodoria's head literally melting off at the neck when Vegeta kills him? Not to mention the infamous Videl vs Spopovich fight, Kuririn's impalement on Freeza's horn, Gero squishing a random bystander's neck till his head pops off like a champagne cork, Nappa knocking Tenshinhan's arm off, Tao Pai Pai spearing Bora, Dodoria's gruesome slaughter of the Namekian warriors & villagers, the flat out Fist of the North Star-esque means that Babidi likes to use to magically execute people, etc. etc. etc. We can literally be here for pages upon pages at a time listing this stuff off.

Don't get me wrong here: Dragon Ball is indeed plenty silly and whimsically comedic, and all that, absolutely. But it is also at the same time, and has always been, absolutely and unquestionably graphically violent and brutal as all get out on countless, numerous occasions. The series is BOTH silly & whimsical AND ALSO at times bone-crunchingly blood-soaked and nasty at the same time, sometimes within the same breath.

There's a ridiculous tug of war that's always gone on between sects of fans for years and years now with regards to what Dragon Ball's "actual tone" is "supposed" to be. There are those on the more dub-focused end of the spectrum who only highlight the bloody, brutal bits, and push Dragon Ball as basically the anime equivalent of a Korn music video. That's obviously very, very wrong. But at the same time, there are those on the more Toriyama/manga/Japanese version end of the fanbase who also just as wrongly over-highlight and over-focus on the humor and lighthearted aspects of it, and insist that the series isn't actually and has never been all THAT dark at all either. When the reality is that that's ALSO just as wrong as the Linkin Ball Z mindset, but in the opposite extreme.

The reality is that Dragon Ball to one extent or another is BOTH of these things simultaneously. Not a Korn music video obviously, but DB is certainly both a work of lighthearted comedic silliness that's clearly from a gag manga author as well as one of skull-smashing brutality and viciousness... because this is a gag manga author who generally speaking draws primarily to entertain himself (by his own admission on many occasions). DB oscillates between BOTH these clashing tonalities on a dime, and sometimes even occupies both simultaneously, both because its just that anarchistic and freewheeling, and also because, once again, martial arts fantasy of its type has ALWAYS generally been like that (mashing slapstick cartoon silliness together with grave and dire drama and hard-hittingly brutal violence).

And also note that none of this is in ANY way some kind of a defense for something like Multiverse, which I also happen to agree is awful and little more than vapid fanboy idiocy on the level of DB Heroes (that just happens to be well drawn from time to time). But nonetheless, what makes something like Multiverse shallow and unbearable isn't that characters get bloodily dismembered or beaten till their skulls cave in. That happens quite literally almost ALL THE TIME in the actual original series (at least pre-revival, since both Kai and Super aren't aired in primetime like the original anime was).

Something like Multiverse is bad because its narratively and creatively empty and vacuous and exists as little more than a paper-thin excuse for fans to wallow in a series of drawn vindications for their various Power Level and Strength Scaling message board debates and squabbles. It is literally Dragon Ball as a WWE Pay-Per-View event. Its levels of violence, in and of itself, has just about absolutely NOTHING to do whatsoever with any of its faults: it'd be just as empty and hollow and boring if it were squeaky clean to Disney standards.

The violence we see in the original series works because its used to help bolster and support a strong narrative and strong characters (in terms of writing and/or general creative execution I mean, not the other kind of strength), and also frankly because it fits right at home in the kind of story its trying to tell and the stylistic conventions its trying to embody. The idea that any kind of overt display of dark morbidity in any kind of story in general is inherently bad and a strike against it because "huuur, edgelords" or whatever is just as stupid and ridiculous as the exact type of "pointless edginess for its own sake" nonsense that this mindset is meant to rail against.

Ultimate point being, a DB story that contains some stark displays of violence and brutality is in NO way "un-Toriyama". Quite the opposite in fact, given just what's there within the original run of DB itself. Again, this is the same guy who had gun-wielding spree killers going on a homicidal rampage in the same arc where he introduces his magic bubblegum monster that turns people into candy. Toriyama does a ton of goofy gags, and they're indeed his main signature; but he's also never, ever been above also including a ton of coldly brutal moments throughout his big martial arts fantasy series, or even having them overlap and crisscross with all of its more overtly silly and whimsical aspects. That's just as much a fundamental part of Dragon Ball as Kamehamehas and Kintouns.
I have been arguing this for years, Thank you.

The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:
That 'Movie #20' didn't tip you off, eh?
That was my fault, I misread your post. Sorry about that.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 am

Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Cannibalism"

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am

Cipher wrote:Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Cannibalism"
The Sentinel Island edition featuring Dante from Devil May Cry and Knuckles. :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Terez wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Terez wrote: You are misrepresenting my argument.
Hardly. There is a difference between eating other intelligent species and eating your own species.
I never said there wasn't. It's like you just shot off before you got to the end of my comment, or it just didn't click in your brain, or something.
wow, attitude much?

I'm just saying, it's unlikely and we have no grounds to believe he did, and the factors you raise as being 'a small leap' aren't really relevant

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm

We learn more stuff about Saiyans
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 pm

BrolyKale wrote:We learn more stuff about Saiyans
so in other words, opening up the possibility for new characters?
also lol a non combatant saiyan like tarble fighting abo and cado is hilarious

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:07 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Feels over Reals.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:20 pm

RedHeat wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:11 pm

The reason why we get less gore, bloody fights, cannibalism, nude ... you name it, has nothing to do with Toriyama becoming softer, he did like to integrate some "juicy stuf" in his highdays as we all now from the orginal manga. DBS anime and movies are being moved to an early time slot and marketed towards kids with overprotective mothers who don't like their son or daughters to see a drop of blood, but seemingly don't object to Trunks slicing up Zamasus Potara-gems. If Toriyama had done this battle 30 years ago, gallons of blood would have flooded the ice and snow.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:00 pm

That's kind of a lie cause Dragon Ball is still being consumed mostly by teens/adults. TV ratings say so, merch says so, the previous two movies ticket sales says so and this movie's sales will as well.

Kids like DB, don't get me wrong but they are not the make or break part of the demographic.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:That's kind of a lie cause Dragon Ball is still being consumed mostly by teens/adults. TV ratings say so, merch says so, the previous two movies ticket sales says so and this movie's sales will as well.

Kids like DB, don't get me wrong but they are not the make or break part of the demographic.

The reason why they don't show it, is in effect because of "it's marketed to young children", but they do still show a lote of (passive) agressivity.
I don't say i agree with this, but it's the official "reason".
If you would like to present a morale, what sense does that make if you show the violence but don't show the consequences?
I think it's kinda half arsed the older children don't get the slightest drop of blood anymore and get battle scenes that are less realistic, while the violence itself stays the same for the younger children.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:23 pm

IGN Review : Dragon Ball Super: Broly is a humorous movie that bounds into the world of imagination and is gripping to the end.

Full Review https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/05 ... 7IJIFD4Lmg

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Surprised a review came out so early for it but yeah an 8.5 is pretty good.