Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:22 am

whoever in here saw movie, or getting source from your buddy who saw the movie, answer this for me lol I want to know about Altered Dimension Gogeta vs Broly part was it badass?

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:22 am

Really, Frieza lives?

Again, is Broly a good villain?

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:24 am

BrolyKale wrote:]Goku finally calls himself "Kakarotto"
I kinda expected that "Goku Finaly" thing to suck, I'm surprised it doesn't.
wolflonnie wrote:See at this point I think Vegetto has the crappy time limit because the Potaras have some sort of godly fail safe, preventing a godly ki fusion to last long and/or to unleash the full power of said fusion.
Regular fusion doesn't have this problem because it's a mortal technique. Would make so much sense.
So overall, regular fusion is better at this point of the story just because it doesn't last only 5 mins.
To be fair, Boo saga did say that fusion dance can end earlier, but it only happened off-screen with SS3 according to Trunks, then in the battle against Boo that didn't happen anyways (Transformation ended before the fusion), so it's an informed flaw.
sunsetshimmer wrote:Tell me you're kidding right now. It's a great reference to Commander Red.
Problem is choosing Freeza of all people to make a wish like that since he's a more serious character and his goals are more clear, it's like making Goku make a panty wish on purpose.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 am

To anyone who saw the movie or have sources, how was the climax fight scene, was it as insane, epic and well drawn as we were been hyped up for? Did the movie offer ample amount of fighting in general?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Burakku wrote:Why Freeza is wishing for such shit!!!
Tell me you're kidding right now. It's a great reference to Commander Red.
It's not a "great reference" it is character assassination for the most iconic villain in the franchise.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 am

omegalucas wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Neither villain dies.
I was referring to spacenapoleohitler.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:29 am

PFM18 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
It's not a "great reference" it is character assassination for the most iconic villain in the franchise.
It's not that bad but it is absolutely stupid for Freeza of all people to wish for this. He's ever cared about his height and he can change his body if it bothered him so much.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 am

Ken Xyro says Bardock does face Freeza... If he is anything to go by, then finally... Finally a reason to get hyped and to see the movie in the theater! :clap:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 am

Lukmendes wrote: Problem is choosing Freeza of all people to make a wish like that since he's a more serious character and his goals are more clear, it's like making Goku make a panty wish on purpose.
It makes things even better. Frieza is a joke since Cell saga anyway, i don't take him seriously at all after seeing him returning in fillers, movies, GT and Super.
Everything after Namek killed this character and i consider him turning gold to be just another parody of this great villain.

The only good things about him after Namek are this wish and him being turned into ice and shattered by Goku in GT.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 am

PFM18 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Think of it this way.

We all know what frieza wants.

Is Earth shenron in any shape of granting his wish?

Does frieza want to hack his way into such power after witnessing the fruits of labor?

Or maybe he realized that power earned is all that sweeter than just be given?

rizefall

Post by rizefall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Lukmendes wrote: Problem is choosing Freeza of all people to make a wish like that since he's a more serious character and his goals are more clear, it's like making Goku make a panty wish on purpose.
It makes things even better. Frieza is a joke since Cell saga anyway, i don't take him seriously at all after seeing him returning in fillers, movies, GT and Super.
Everything after Namek killed this character and i consider him turning gold to be just another parody of this great villain.

The only good things about him after Namek are this wish and him being turned into ice and shattered by Goku in GT.
Well personally i only care about his super timeline appearances and if you go by what he did at Namek, RoF, ToP and the Broly movie he isn't that bad.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 am

PFM18 wrote:
Burakku wrote:
Wow, nobody guessed that at all.

I like it though. I think it is a really nice touch to have Goku acknowledge his Saiyan heritage like that
Goku already embraced his Saiyan heritage in the lead up to his battle against Freeza after Vegeta died on Namek. But this is a nice touch, albeit it somewhat retreading the same ground.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 am

And what will Broly do if he meets Freeza again?

Revenge for his dad? Will he try to revive him?

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:You’re incapable of guaranteeing us anything since you’re not working on the show and thus are no better than any of us other fans.
I know that Beerus' true power is never clarified in the anime or manga. So making blanket statements from a character who has know idea how truly power Beerus is seems a bit redundant.
mute_proxy wrote:Goku's not comparing him to his personal experience with Beerus. Goku already knows that he's never fought Beerus at full power. They talked power scaling in comparison to Beerus in the show later on. It makes no sense for Goku to say Broly might be stronger than reserved Beerus in BoG, knowing perfectly well that Beerus is a lot stronger than that.
But the show never clarified just how strong Beerus is. Making Goku's statement on the matter moot.
ssj4 wrote:Questions.

Does Broly die?
No. He lives to the fight another day.
Then how about author intent?
Do you honestly believe Toriyama added that line only for it to still be unconfirmed and controversial? He obviously meant to clarify how powerful Broly is.

It's the same as the Solar System statement by Cell.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

Grimlock wrote:Ken Xyro says Bardock does face Freeza... If he is anything to go by, then finally... Finally a reason to get hyped and to see the movie in the theater! :clap:
I was so worried about that! Thank God, holy shit that would ruin the movie for me

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 am

I disagree people saying it's good for Frieza. This wrecks his status as an intimidating and serious villain.

Also, why does he live?!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 am

Cooler is canon.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 am

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 am

KEN XYRO JUST SAID THAT HE IS MENTIONED! :o
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 am