Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Draconic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 pm

That CGI shot looks meh, but damaged Vegeta is basically in his Buu arc outfit so it makes up for it. Never thought we'd see that again.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Place your bets, what form do you think Gogeta will be in? SSG? Blue? Or maybe something new entirely :twisted:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:18 pm

If Heroes is anything to go by (and we know it surely is), Gogeta will be seen as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. In that Goku card that summons Vegeta they both are using said form. Not that it won't be possible to see Gogeta using another form, but I'm sure they will focus more on Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

As for his probable appearance in the trailer, well... If he has to appear, show him in base form. It is time for base Gogeta at once!
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Xeogran wrote:Place your bets, what form do you think Gogeta will be in? SSG? Blue? Or maybe something new entirely :twisted:
Sticking with my both Red & Blue prediction.

Excited we (hopefully) get to finally see him. Has to be one of the worst kept secrets!

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Xeogran wrote:Place your bets, what form do you think Gogeta will be in? SSG? Blue? Or maybe something new entirely :twisted:
I HOPE SSG but I think it will be SSB
GT Fighter

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Grimlock wrote:Oh, so a new trailer indeed. Kinda odd if we look back at Movie 14 and Movie 15, both only got two trailers, but this one is getting three.

Hopefully it confirms Bardock will face Freeza. The past must surely have some action too.
Yeah. I want to see the following in this trailer:

1. SSBE make an appearance at some point
2. Bardock's rebellion/fight with Freeza
3. dialogue indicating that Goku was still sent to Earth because he was determined to be "low-class" and to conquer the planet, but Bardock just did it himself or something like that. Anything but Goku being sent to Earth because daddy loves him and somehow knows Freeza is gonna destroy the planet.
4. Gogeta!
5. Something alluding to Broly's new character and how it pertains to the apparent destiny of the characters in the movie.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:28 pm

PFM18 wrote:1. SSBE make an appearance at some point
I hope it appears too

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:29 pm

I highly doubt SSBE will be in this movie.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:30 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:I highly doubt SSBE will be in this movie.
I hope you're wrong lol

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:33 pm

PFM18 wrote:
I hope you're wrong lol
I could be wrong but the vegeta hair colour in that CGI shot with Goku looks subtly darker to me. Could just be me but I wonder if they will just run his blue form as SSBE from now on?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Geekdom101 said “today will be long day to remember” obviously ment gogeta is in it. He already saw trailer somehow

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:35 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I hope you're wrong lol
I could be wrong but the vegeta hair colour in that CGI shot with Goku looks subtly darker to me. Could just be me but I wonder if they will just run his blue form as SSBE from now on?
That could just be a difference in artistic choices rather than displaying Vegeta's "new" form. The most defining factor of SSBE is that he gains pupils in the form and he clearly doesn't have pupils in the CGI shot.(unfortunately)

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:36 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I hope you're wrong lol
Most people i've asked say its just regular blue. The fact that Vegeta's brand new form isn't on his character sheet is very telling imo. There is literally no reason to hide it. We've seen him use it at will in the ToP. Plus its his strongest form so unlike ss2 or ss3 for goku, he has no reason to skip it.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:36 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I hope you're wrong lol
It honestly looks like it just has more shadows on it, since on the brighter parts the blue is the same shade as Goku's brighter blue parts, and both also have the same blue shade in the darker parts too.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:44 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I hope you're wrong lol
Most people i've asked say its just regular blue. The fact that Vegeta's brand new form isn't on his character sheet is very telling imo. There is literally no reason to hide it. We've seen him use it at will in the ToP. Plus its his strongest form so unlike ss2 or ss3 for goku, he has no reason to skip it.
like I said, he doesn't have pupils in the shot so It isnt SSBE. That said, I want to see SSBE soon because it'll fuck everything up if Vegeta achieves a new form and then doesnt use it and there's no explanation as to why not

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pm

PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
like I said, he doesn't have pupils in the shot so It isnt SSBE. That said, I want to see SSBE soon because it'll fuck everything up if Vegeta achieves a new form and then doesnt use it and there's no explanation as to why not

Because this movie follows Toriyama's continuity and not the manga or anime. Hence why ssb vegeta now magically has serious stamina issues in this film even though its literally never been shown to be an issue in the anime and was addressed in the manga

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:47 pm

You know SSEB is equal to kkx20? Believing vegeta would use it if it treating like how goku gonna knwo he will use kkx20

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:49 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Most people i've asked say its just regular blue. The fact that Vegeta's brand new form isn't on his character sheet is very telling imo. There is literally no reason to hide it. We've seen him use it at will in the ToP. Plus its his strongest form so unlike ss2 or ss3 for goku, he has no reason to skip it.

Because this movie follows Toriyama's continuity and not the manga or anime. Hence why ssb vegeta now magically has serious stamina issues in this film even though its literally never been shown to be an issue in the anime and was addressed in the manga
This is wrong since they literally said they'd be continuing from where the anime left off.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:52 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

This is wrong since they literally said they'd be continuing from where the anime left off.
"where the anime left off" = after the ToP

You guys read way too much into that. If ssb actually is shown to drain vegeta in the movie that would heavily contradict the anime since we literally never saw that. Vegeta's character sheet has no ssbe, why? Its not a secret to literally anyone.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:58 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Most people i've asked say its just regular blue. The fact that Vegeta's brand new form isn't on his character sheet is very telling imo. There is literally no reason to hide it. We've seen him use it at will in the ToP. Plus its his strongest form so unlike ss2 or ss3 for goku, he has no reason to skip it.

stamina issues were mentioned multiple times in the anime, they just didnt seem very severe.