Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Alruneia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Can someone tell me why the next DB series is going to keep the name Dragon Ball Super?
...says who? Is there any context to this?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Can someone tell me why the next DB series is going to keep the name Dragon Ball Super?
Wait, there's a confirmed next "series" of dragon ball?
Like dragon ball to dragon ball super,
or in the anime of dragon ball to dragon ball Z to super?
Where did you find that out?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Cause Dragonball Super was officially stated to be the actual continuation of original Dragonball?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Let me rephrase my question.

Tell me why you’d think the next DB series will keep the dbs name. I think it will but i want to here everyone elses’ Reasons
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Son-Kakaroto wrote:
Wait, there's a confirmed next "series" of dragon ball?
Like dragon ball to dragon ball super,
or in the anime of dragon ball to dragon ball Z to super?
Where did you find that out?
It hasn’t been “confirmed” but many of the people who’ve worked on DBS have hinted at it. Also, people with inside info about the production of DB have kinda confirmed its coming back from mid next year to very early 2020. And if you check the numbers, DBS has been a huge money maker for Shueisha, Bandai Namco, and Toei. Also, they created a DB Room which is a department strictly for creating Dragon Ball related content.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Miracles wrote:
Cause Dragonball Super was officially stated to be the actual continuation of original Dragonball?
Thats not really an answer to my question but i also asked it wrong so disregard it

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:

Tell me why you’d think the next DB series will keep the dbs name. I think it will but i want to here everyone elses’ Reasons
Marketability, its safe and easier to just keep the "Super" title especially after the rise in popularity and this new Super Broly movie

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:51 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:

Oh, I see. I think Dragon Ball Super will continue to be called such due to brand recognition. "Dragon Ball Super" is a known name by now, so it's "safe" in a way.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm

I think we'll be finding out soon if the Super title remains with the manga. Looks like it will be ahead of the anime in starting a new arc.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:

Because of shit like this:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Not to mention that this very film(which is set after the events of the ToP, and 'hiatus' of Super) still carries the DBS brand. /shrug

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:41 pm

This week's interview with Shimada: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1061412475826987008

The basics: Broly is the bad guy but he's not evil, he's reserved but not aloof, and there's a scene where he discusses his past, apparently.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:This week's interview with Shimada: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1061412475826987008

The basics: Broly is the bad guy but he's not evil, he's reserved but not aloof, and there's a scene where he discusses his past, apparently.
I hope that scenes from the past are interspersed throughout the film and serve as breathing room between action scenes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Saw Herms' post that the premiere pre-show starts at 5pm 11/14 and the movie itself starts at 6:15pm.

I then did the math and realized that equates to 3am and 5:15am EST respectively (unless I got it wrong). So if the movie's an hour and forty that means it's over by 7am EST.

I eagerly and anxiously await spoilers.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:This week's interview with Shimada: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1061412475826987008

I hope that scenes from the past are interspersed throughout the film and serve as breathing room between action scenes.
He mentioned he was the same age in the old movies but wouldn't that mean that Broly is easily 10 years younger than both Goku and Vegeta?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:Saw Herms' post that the premiere pre-show starts at 5pm 11/14 and the movie itself starts at 6:15pm.

I then did the math and realized that equates to 3am and 5:15am EST respectively (unless I got it wrong). So if the movie's an hour and forty that means it's over by 7am EST.

My Body is Broly for those spoilers :D it's around 02am, therefore it's Sunday in France 3 day remaining until the movie got out for the premier and we got all the spoilers. I'm kinda anxious. :?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:17 pm

I hope I'm wrong, but i think it would be prudent to expect little to no plot from this movie aside from the past scenes.

*Nozawa said something along the lines "its fight after fight" when they asked her about the recordings on the official debut of the second trailer.

*Sean only commented that "it is a visual tour" after recording.

*Toshi Shimada the voice of Broly, when asked if the battles were tremendous, he said "It really was a series of battles and battles"

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:27 pm

So he won't just be roaring throughout the film dang it :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Chuquita wrote:Saw Herms' post that the premiere pre-show starts at 5pm 11/14 and the movie itself starts at 6:15pm.

Well you definitely did the math wrong because there's a 1 hr 15 minute gap between the first two times and a 2 hr 15 minute gap between the second two times.
YamiGoku wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but i think it would be prudent to expect little to no plot from this movie aside from the past scenes.

*Nozawa said something along the lines "its fight after fight" when they asked her about the recordings on the official debut of the second trailer.

*Sean only commented that "it is a visual tour" after recording.

*Toshi Shimada the voice of Broly, when asked if the battles were tremendous, he said "It really was a series of battles and battles"
I definitely hope you're wrong too.
Last edited by PFM18 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Ok, between Chuck Huber with 17 in the Super dub and now Bin Shimada with Broly in this, what's with these all actors talking like they're returning to these beloved roles after two decades when they never really left? Broly's been in every video game for the last decade Bin, he ain't been gone. Same with you Chuck- for god's sake, you two just got done being Pilaf and Dyspo!

More confirmation that it'll be all action, but Broly will have some depth and not be a bad guy. So far so good. I'm looking forward to seeing the new take on him, I just hope he actually has lines, and scenes outside of battle. I don't think he said a word in any of the three trailers.