Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Tue May 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Saiyan frozen on Earth?

Broly: Third Coming confirmed.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 am

Freeza is an interesting case, I too doubt he'd be the main villain again but this movie may consolidate him as anti-hero like in #131. I guess he'd be similar to Cell arc Vegeta where he is just useful to have around, until Freeza gets strong enough to overthrow the gods I doubt he'd wanna die so if U7 is in peril I am sure it is in his best interest to try and save it.

Regarding this "multi-layered" story, I wonder if we're gonna start in the past and work our way into the present or if we are gonna have intertwining past flashbacks. If the Yamoshi aspect is part of the movie too then on paper this does sound 10000x better than BoG and "F", feeling less apprehensive about this now! Hoping the localisations don't take too long for this, this is one DB film I don't wanna be spoiled about, though avoiding spoilers etc shouldn't be too difficult.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: 1. If Freeza were to die, that would be a stupid way for it to happen

2. You must not have a lot of experience with story-telling. They kept Freeza alive for a reason. No way would they just kill him off because then they would have just let him go back to hell and stay day like he was going to do before Whis revived him. Which is, again, proof of Freeza’s development. Instead of getting angry or disgusted at the happiness of team U7, he just smirked and said that he rather just go back to hell. The old freeza would have never given up on resurrection but this Freeza has changed over the course of the arc. He never had an appetite for genocide. He was a strict ruler who would try to get what he wants by any means necessary or would do anything it takes to protect himself. He never went looking to just kill off races. Infact, it was never in his character to look for trouble in the first place. This is perfectly shown with him always hiding throughout the T.o.P and how his plan was to have Goku do the dirty work. So, between the fact of his character growth and the fact that he doesn’t go out looking for trouble, and how story telling works, it wouldn’t make sense that he would be resurrected just for him to go out of his way to U6 to commit genocide on the saiyans, just for Vegeta to kill him.

You may not think so, but it seems pretty likely that Freeza may end up an anti-hero or that just does his own thing and does what he wants. He definitely wasn’t revived just to die again.
Freeza is THE villain of the DB franchise I have to question why you would make the biggest,most iconic villain in the series now suddenly become an anti-hero and not a villain anymore. There's no reason to keep him alive unless he becomes an anti-hero but Freeza is the one character that should never be redeemed nor should he ever become "one of the good guys" in any capacity even if it is just an "anti-hero"role. The only other alternative that they have than that is to kill him off again. You say that they wouldn't revive him only for him to die again, but this has already happened twice. He was revived just to be killed again twice prior to this
No. Its only happened once. For RoF. And this is all your opinion. Because YOU believe Freeza is THE villain of Dragon Ball when there is NO single most important villain in Dragon ball. I’m not the one making Freeza less evil and more of an anti-hero. Thats Toriyama. He’s always loved to make bad guys turn good. Ands with how Freeza has developed and the fact tat they let such an evil tyrant live, it just there way of telling us that by the end of the T.o.P, Freeza’s not as bad anymore. Whether you like it or not, that is the most likely place as to where Freeza’s character is going. There is evidence of that. There is nothing that suggests that Freeza is training for revenge or is going to go kill the U6 saiyans. Infact, theres more evidence against that idea, which i presented in my previous comment.

Stop saying not everyone can be redeemed. Vegeta, Piccolo, the Androids, Buu, etc are all proof that Freeza can. Doesn’t matter whether you dont believe it should happen or not.
No, Freeza still hates the saiyans. He just isn't strong enough to kill them and he knows that. By the way, Goku let Freeza go twice on Namek even after everything he did even in RoF he told Freeza to go train then come back.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:25 am

I think Fireza will be an Anti Villian as apposed to a anti hero. As long as he stays away from Earth Goku and Vegeta wont go look for him so he can cause as much death and destruction as he wants and still help them if they need it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I think Fireza will be an Anti Villian as apposed to a anti hero. As long as he stays away from Earth Goku and Vegeta wont go look for him so he can cause as much death and destruction as he wants and still help them if they need it.
Yeah, thats a better word for it. He won’t necessarily be a threat to the main cast anymore but when he is their, he’ll do what ever he has to to get what he wants or protect himself. The best comparison is kinda like Goku and Freeza will have a Thor and Loki (from the marvel movies) type of relationship
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:45 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I think Fireza will be an Anti Villian as apposed to a anti hero. As long as he stays away from Earth Goku and Vegeta wont go look for him so he can cause as much death and destruction as he wants and still help them if they need it.
Doubt that anti-villain dosen't really sound right with Frieza.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Freeza is an interesting case, I too doubt he'd be the main villain again but this movie may consolidate him as anti-hero like in #131. I guess he'd be similar to Cell arc Vegeta where he is just useful to have around, until Freeza gets strong enough to overthrow the gods I doubt he'd wanna die so if U7 is in peril I am sure it is in his best interest to try and save it.

Regarding this "multi-layered" story, I wonder if we're gonna start in the past and work our way into the present or if we are gonna have intertwining past flashbacks. If the Yamoshi aspect is part of the movie too then on paper this does sound 10000x better than BoG and "F", feeling less apprehensive about this now! Hoping the localisations don't take too long for this, this is one DB film I don't wanna be spoiled about, though avoiding spoilers etc shouldn't be too difficult.
Dude Frieza isn't an anti-hero and he will never be one. We don't need Frieza to be a vegeta and piccolo clone. We already seen that.
Last edited by Toxin45 on Wed May 02, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Yeah, thats a better word for it. He won’t necessarily be a threat to the main cast anymore but when he is their, he’ll do what ever he has to to get what he wants or protect himself. The best comparison is kinda like Goku and Freeza will have a Thor and Loki (from the marvel movies) type of relationship
Dude it's more like batman and the joker and anti-villain isn't really fitting for Frieza at all and Frieza needed to stay in earth to do that but he didn't. He can always train just like when he did in rof and universal survival arcs to keep up with the cast.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 am

Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Dude it's more like batman and the joker and anti-villain isn't really fitting for Frieza at all and Frieza needed to stay in earth to do that but he didn't. He can always train just like when he did in rof and universal survival arcs to keep up with the cast.
there is no comparing freeza and joker. One is a chaotic evil madman, the other is a tyrant. He's more like Ras al Ghul.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Yeah, thats a better word for it. He won’t necessarily be a threat to the main cast anymore but when he is their, he’ll do what ever he has to to get what he wants or protect himself. The best comparison is kinda like Goku and Freeza will have a Thor and Loki (from the marvel movies) type of relationship
there is no comparing freeza and joker. One is a chaotic evil madman, the other is a tyrant. He's more like Ras al Ghul.
Really? Ra's al ghul? Frieza is a card carrying villain while ra's isn't in his head. Frieza and ra's don't share nothing in common. Frieza is also a psychotic tyrant.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 am

Toxin45 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Dude it's more like batman and the joker and anti-villain isn't really fitting for Frieza at all and Frieza needed to stay in earth to do that but he didn't. He can always train just like when he did in rof and universal survival arcs to keep up with the cast.
Really? Ra's al ghul? Frieza is a card carrying villain while ra's isn't in his head. Frieza and ra's don't share nothing in common. Frieza is also a psychotic tyrant.
No, you’re describing someone who just goes looking to kill people. Freeza is someone who only kills when he wants or needs to. Buu is psychotic. Not Freeza.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:33 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
No, you’re describing someone who just goes looking to kill people. Freeza is someone who only kills when he wants or needs to. Buu is psychotic. Not Freeza.
Frieza is a tyrant who wants to rule everything why comparing him to Loki when unlike Loki he never gave up his evil ways and goes back to being the tyrant of the universe.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:45 am

Toxin45 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Dude it's more like batman and the joker and anti-villain isn't really fitting for Frieza at all and Frieza needed to stay in earth to do that but he didn't. He can always train just like when he did in rof and universal survival arcs to keep up with the cast.
Long living tyrants with an army beneath them, who can work with the allies when needed to if it suits their own interest. Freeza's just more campy and throws his narcissism around, while Ra's keeps it more in check that he's a smug tool

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Long living tyrants with an army beneath them, who can work with the allies when needed to if it suits their own interest. Freeza's just more campy and throws his narcissism around, while Ra's keeps it more in check that he's a smug tool
Except ra's al ghul wants to make a world a better place in his own twisted way while Frieza dosen't.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 am

Toxin45 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Really? Ra's al ghul? Frieza is a card carrying villain while ra's isn't in his head. Frieza and ra's don't share nothing in common. Frieza is also a psychotic tyrant.
Except ra's al ghul wants to make a world a better place in his own twisted way while Frieza dosen't.
I suppose if we’re going to compare Freeza to comic book villains, Darkseid might be a better comparison.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Really? Ra's al ghul? Frieza is a card carrying villain while ra's isn't in his head. Frieza and ra's don't share nothing in common. Frieza is also a psychotic tyrant.
Freeza still is closer to Ras than Joker. I dont think theres really anyone in dragonball that crazy but still capable of planning

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed May 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Now this is probably a foolish thing to ask for as this is Dragon Ball but I hope we don't have a power creep in this movie. I'd rather than the villain just being stronger than the previous one that they have a unique ability or fighting style that makes them a challenge to deal with. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want a villain who is stronger than Jiren to show up so soon. But as it seems like the next villain will likely be a saiyan I think my dreams of having a unique fighter are probably not going to happen.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed May 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Anti-villain is a person who wants to save the world but uses bad ways to do it, so no Freeza is not an anti-villain.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Anti-villain is a person who wants to save the world but uses bad ways to do it, so no Freeza is not an anti-villain.
Ok then, he is now between chaotic neutrl and lawful evil

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:36 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Ok then, he is now between chaotic neutrl and lawful evil
Nah Frieza is Neutral Evil. He is not Catoic Neutral nor Lawful Evil he is Neutral Evil.