Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by IntoTheFire » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:34 pm

BrolyKale wrote:We learn more stuff about Saiyans
732 or 734? I could have sworn it was mentioned that they changed Vegeta's year of birth to 734.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 pm

The AGES appear randomly on-screen (as we can see in one of the trailers), we better wait until the movie is actually released so we can get a definitive answer. The spoilers are messed up at this point. Different people saying different stuff and some different interpretation out of them.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm

I hope they start showing few minute Clips soon like they did with BoG and RoF. All these trailers don’t satisfy me at all. There’s only 8 days left now, so now seems like a good time for them to start showing actual movie footage.

HeartMachine3578

Post by HeartMachine3578 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Did we ever see or learn exactly how Broly got his scars?

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:That's kind of a lie cause Dragon Ball is still being consumed mostly by teens/adults. TV ratings say so, merch says so, the previous two movies ticket sales says so and this movie's sales will as well.

Kids like DB, don't get me wrong but they are not the make or break part of the demographic.
Which is why DB Super when it returns needs to be a seasonal anime with a new timeslot, so we can get more content that appeals to the actual majority demographic of the series (15-34 year olds).

There's literally no reason for Modern DB to be so censored and kiddy from either a financial nor an artistic standpoint, when most of its fanbase isn't kids smh. Other major Shonen series (like My Hero Acadmeia, Hunter x Hunter, One Punch Man, etc) tend to be much more courteous to its adult fanbases than Dragonball does.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 pm

HeartMachine3578 wrote:Did we ever see or learn exactly how Broly got his scars?

Same as the Joker.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 am

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 am

IM21 wrote:
I think its just a retcon.
zarmack wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:That's kind of a lie cause Dragon Ball is still being consumed mostly by teens/adults. TV ratings say so, merch says so, the previous two movies ticket sales says so and this movie's sales will as well.

Kids like DB, don't get me wrong but they are not the make or break part of the demographic.
Which is why DB Super when it returns needs to be a seasonal anime with a new timeslot, so we can get more content that appeals to the actual majority demographic of the series (15-34 year olds).

There's literally no reason for Modern DB to be so censored and kiddy from either a financial nor an artistic standpoint, when most of its fanbase isn't kids smh. Other major Shonen series (like My Hero Acadmeia, Hunter x Hunter, One Punch Man, etc) tend to be much more courteous to its adult fanbases than Dragonball does.
What was the last seasonal show that Toei made? I'm genuinely curious about that, because to my knowledge, they mainly just produce things either as longrunning titles or yearly ones.

As for getting a new time-slot, I really don't see that happening considering DB has already found proven success in that time slot.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 am

Lujin_16 wrote:IGN Review : Dragon Ball Super: Broly is a humorous movie that bounds into the world of imagination and is gripping to the end.

Full Review https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/05 ... 7IJIFD4Lmg
Kind of expected IGN to somehow give it mediocre to negative score but an 8/10 is really good. I watched IGN's video review instead of reading it.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 am

IM21 wrote:
In the grand scheme of things that change barely matters and doesn't the story.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 am

At this point we need an anime adaptation to fix all the retcons and plotholes

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/a ... m_name=dbz

He called Kale female broly :lol:

Also wanted to make ssb look strong, Gogeta did a good job with that

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm

So Brolli's Vegeta's age now? Ok.
Raditz is still older than Vegeta. Good to know.
Tarble still exists so if they said two or three then there's one or two more uni 7 saiyans we don't know of. Interesting.

The whole Vegeta's pride keeps him from being a purely motivated saiyan unlike Gokû and Brolli. Wow that could lead to some fun dialogue if Brolli ever returns or becomes a regular.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Chuquita wrote:So Brolli's Vegeta's age now? Ok.
Tarble still exists so if they said two or three then there's one or two more uni 7 saiyans we don't know of. Interesting.

The whole Vegeta's pride keeps him from being a purely motivated saiyan unlike Gokû and Brolli. Wow that could lead to some fun dialogue if Brolli ever returns or becomes a regular.
calling it now, one of them is female so the saiyans can have an 'Eve' to repopulate from

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:02 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

calling it now, one of them is female so the saiyans can have an 'Eve' to repopulate from
I don't think repopulating is a thing Gokû and Vegeta care about. Brolli's already got a small circle of friends (and girlfriend in Chelye?) and even so you need way more than one woman to repopulate an entire species.

I'm not that invested in the topic (I care way more about how Gokû, Vegeta, and Brolli will interact as a group in the future) but since I was quoted, I looked it up.
BBC wrote:“Basically you need 50 breeding individuals to avoid inbreeding depression and 500 in order to adapt,” he says. It’s a rule still used today – though it’s been upped to 500-5,000 to account for random losses when genes are passed from one generation to the next – to inform the IUCN Red List, which catalogues the world’s most threatened species.
Source: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016011 ... late-earth
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

It's not like the Saiyans need repopulating anyway. If Vegeta was serious about restoring the U7 Saiyan race, he'd just get help getting the Super Dragon Balls to wish back Planet Vegeta and all the Saiyans who were killed by Freeza when it was destroyed. That would certainly be faster and far more effective than trying to breed more Saiyans from such a limited number.

Or hell, Kale and Caulifla come to U7 in order to become stronger so Caulifla can continue trying to prove she's better than Goku, and instead end up encountering Broly and more relationships form.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Nah, if Kale and Caulifla get any romantic development it should be with each other. There's no repopulation going on there.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Chuquita wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I don't think repopulating is a thing Gokû and Vegeta care about. Brolli's already got a small circle of friends (and girlfriend in Chelye?) and even so you need way more than one woman to repopulate an entire species.

I'm not that invested in the topic (I care way more about how Gokû, Vegeta, and Brolli will interact as a group in the future) but since I was quoted, I looked it up.
BBC wrote:“Basically you need 50 breeding individuals to avoid inbreeding depression and 500 in order to adapt,” he says. It’s a rule still used today – though it’s been upped to 500-5,000 to account for random losses when genes are passed from one generation to the next – to inform the IUCN Red List, which catalogues the world’s most threatened species.
Source: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016011 ... late-earth
who said anything about it being goku and vegeta doing said repopulating?

I'm not talking 'pure' saiyans either. There is also the possibility of breeding with the other half breeds from other saiyans. Yes they wont be pure but they will stay majority saiyan. Who knows? this could breed out the problems the race has like vulnerable tails etc. This could extend to Goten and Bulla, a hypothetical Tarble child being with a hypothetical broly kid who then go on to have a lot of offspring.

The saiyans are strongly at risk of dying off, and a female pureblood being able to have a lot of children is at least one idea for the race to come back stronger than just four dudes and only two of them had kids like the Z series info we were given by raditz.

Just throwing it out there.

If there is a female though... there's going to be a lot of doujins...