Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Yeah... Usually, one person posts with spoiler tags, then someone quotes them and replies to the spoiler without spoiler tags. It completely defeats the purpose of the spoiler tags to begin with. I will be disappearing soon, though. Hopefully, I can avoid spoilers elsewhere as well.
hahaha, good luck on that

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 am

So Bin Shimada said that Broly will talk about his past, which is interesting because in the first Broly movie it was Paragus.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 am

BrolyKale wrote:So Bin Shimada said that Broly will talk about his past, which is interesting because in the first Broly movie it was Paragus.
I'm getting a Batman Begins/Dark Knight (Nolan) Vibes from this, it seems as if Broly really is being reborn and actually fleshed out rather than a mindless timid oaf who just goes batshit crazy when he sees a familiar face in the non-canon films

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:34 am

I guess this new Broly will be more impacted by his past than the old one who had PTSD and thus was more focused on Goku. I still prefer the old version, that's what made Broly pretty unique to me, even though I know a lot of people will like the new version because it makes "more" sense that Broly focus more on Vegeta due to what King Vegeta did to him.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Bejita

Post by Bejita » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:11 am

I am interested in Paragu's fate.

Will he be killed and if will Broly maybe want to revive him.

Same goes what Shenron will be used for

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:58 am

Son-Kakaroto wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Yeah... Usually, one person posts with spoiler tags, then someone quotes them and replies to the spoiler without spoiler tags. It completely defeats the purpose of the spoiler tags to begin with. I will be disappearing soon, though. Hopefully, I can avoid spoilers elsewhere as well.
It's really not as hard to avoid as people think. All you need to do is unsub YTubers if one is subbed to some, mute folks & specific DB releated words on twitter. And either delve into another fandom or pick up a time consuming hobby. Or try a 2 month hike up some mountain.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:44 am

If anyone truly wants to remain spoiler free, just dont followe any of the Super Threads on this site for the next month and half.. Not that hard. Also stay away from Geekdom101 or any other super huge DB Related Youtube channels. It's illogical to think that you can just come to this thread that is solely about this Movie and not be spoiled at this point from here on out.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:52 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:If anyone truly wants to remain spoiler free, just dont followe any of the Super Threads on this site for the next month and half.. Not that hard. Also stay away from Geekdom101 or any other super huge DB Related Youtube channels. It's illogical to think that you can just come to this thread that is solely about this Movie and not be spoiled at this point from here on out.
It's not difficult, but it's not as easy as you make it out to be either. You're going to encounter spoilerish titles in your recommended videos on Youtube unless you're using a brand new account that has never touched a DB video before. Likewise, social media will be a plague if you have friends who are into the series.

Thankfully I don't really care about spoilers.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:So Bin Shimada said that Broly will talk about his past, which is interesting because in the first Broly movie it was Paragus.
I'm getting a Batman Begins/Dark Knight (Nolan) Vibes from this, it seems as if Broly really is being reborn and actually fleshed out rather than a mindless timid oaf who just goes batshit crazy when he sees a familiar face in the non-canon films
I'm not sure about that. Bin Shimada said he had to be careful not to express too much emotion even in aascene that Broly has dialogues (by the way, Broly in 3 trailers did not say a single word, he probably will not be much different from Broly in DBZ, except for the background)

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:54 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Noitsnothim wrote:
I'm not sure about that. Bin Shimada said he had to be careful not to express too much emotion even in aascene that Broly has dialogues (by the way, Broly in 3 trailers did not say a single word, he probably will not be much different from Broly in DBZ, except for the background)
True... he didn't even scream Kakarotto, nor Vegeta... we just hear him screaming or roaring like an animal.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 am

Bejita wrote:I am interested in Paragu's fate.

Broly may survive, but I'm almost positive Paragus is going to die. Either Broly kills him in a rampage, or Freeza kills him or any other of a plethora of options.

But I am definitely interested in what Shenron will be used for. IIRC Shenron wasnt even in the original Broly movie so this will be interesting to see.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am

PFM18 wrote:

Broly may survive, but I'm almost positive Paragus is going to die. Either Broly kills him in a rampage, or Freeza kills him or any other of a plethora of options.

But I am definitely interested in what Shenron will be used for. IIRC Shenron wasnt even in the original Broly movie so this will be interesting to see.
Shenron was in the second Broly movie, he was used to revive Goku for a short moment to defeat Broly.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:38 am

Geekdom is going to tell what the "Goku finally..." thing is on DBSakuga discord in about 7.5- 8 hours or so

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:10 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Geekdom is going to tell what the "Goku finally..." thing is on DBSakuga discord in about 7.5- 8 hours or so
how do you figure he actually knows?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm

PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Geekdom is going to tell what the "Goku finally..." thing is on DBSakuga discord in about 7.5- 8 hours or so
how do you figure he actually knows?
Because he said he's going to tell on that server.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Son-Kakaroto wrote:
It's really not as hard to avoid as people think. All you need to do is unsub YTubers if one is subbed to some, mute folks & specific DB releated words on twitter. And either delve into another fandom or pick up a time consuming hobby. Or try a 2 month hike up some mountain.
Yeah, it's the YouTube videos I'm worried about. Frieza's return in the ToP was spoiled for me because of video suggestions. Even MasakoX covered the Frieza thing. I wonder if I can trust him this time to avoid putting spoilers in his titles and thumbnails. I'll probably unsub just in case, but his videos will still get suggested anyway.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:25 pm

So according to the Twitter thread it's not about his EoZ dougi and it can't be something that spoils a big plot point.

I'm putting my bet on him regaining his lost Kakarrotto memories.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:33 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Shenron was in the second Broly movie, he was used to revive Goku for a short moment to defeat Broly.
That asshole screwed Goten, Trunks and Videl out of two wishes in that movie. He got his in Fusion Reborn though. :lol:

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Son-Kakaroto wrote: hahaha, good luck on that
Yeah, it's the YouTube videos I'm worried about. Frieza's return in the ToP was spoiled for me because of video suggestions. Even MasakoX covered the Frieza thing. I wonder if I can trust him this time to avoid putting spoilers in his titles and thumbnails. I'll probably unsub just in case, but his videos will still get suggested anyway.
Just delete your watch history, then go watch videos that are entirely unrelated like cat videos or car channels, freeze your watch history and there you go you're pretty much safe from DB at that point

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Are you his official spokesman or something? What's next you gonna start telling us what he has for lunch?