Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for watching. More on Tuesday (obv)
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Shaddy wrote:Nah but I'm guessing he wants something to do with godhood and deities and the like. We know he wants to kill Zeno and take his place so I'm guessing the wish is a measure toward that.
That is what I would expect but it seems that it isn't going to be something to do with overthrowing the Gods if it is a gag.
Geekdom101 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you mean Wednesday?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:07 pm

I doubt Broly will become a Z fighter or anything like that if he survives. Hitto and Jiren became '' friends '' and recognized Goku in the end, but we'll hardly see them fighting alongside Goku

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Ajay wrote:Guys, I appreciate you being super courteous by putting every single post in a spoiler tag, but please stop. It looks incredibly ugly, is a pain to read, and is entirely unnecessary.

There's an expectation that by entering this thread, you will be greeted with spoilers. It's the whole point of this thread: up-to-date info on absolutely anything and everything movie-related as and when it happens.

In other threads where the intentions are less clear, you're free to use them, but as for here:

No more spoiler tags, please!

Are you kidding me? "It looks ugly"? This is by far the biggest overreach by a moderator I have ever seen. The community was being courteous (for once) to each other and those who wanted to still discuss the movie without being spoiled. Total assclown move and your moderator privileges should be revoked imo.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:I doubt Broly will become a Z fighter or anything like that if he survives. Hitto and Jiren became '' friends '' and recognized Goku in the end, but we'll hardly see them fighting alongside Goku
I doubt it too. I mean, they almost finished the guy off, so...

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:12 pm

Shaddy wrote:It could be a gag in the sense that he doesn't have a penis and never learned how his own species is supposed to reproduce

Nah but I'm guessing he wants something to do with godhood and deities and the like. We know he wants to kill Zeno and take his place so I'm guessing the wish is a measure toward that.

LUL At the gag answer :lol: . It's possible that his species is so rare that he may have never encountered another of his own, which would explain his initial reaction to meeting Frost. I'm sure he knows how to work with whatever he's got down there, Hell, he might even be able to clone himself artificially with the advanced tech his army has.

I definitely could see that as a possibility. He set his ambitions too high with that one, I can definitely see him getting into a shouting match with Shenron considering that wish would certainly be impossible to grant. Perhaps we may see a Super Dragon Ball hunt in a future arc? I really hope they don't drop that plot point, I wanna see him at least try to work himself up the God hierarchy.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Most of this is expected but are expected but they sound nice

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Ajay wrote:Guys, I appreciate you being super courteous by putting every single post in a spoiler tag, but please stop. It looks incredibly ugly, is a pain to read, and is entirely unnecessary.

There's an expectation that by entering this thread, you will be greeted with spoilers. It's the whole point of this thread: up-to-date info on absolutely anything and everything movie-related as and when it happens.

In other threads where the intentions are less clear, you're free to use them, but as for here:

Are you kidding me? "It looks ugly"? This is by far the biggest overreach by a moderator I have ever seen. The community was being courteous (for once) to each other and those who wanted to still discuss the movie without being spoiled. Total assclown move and your moderator privileges should be revoked imo.
Holy shit dude chill out. It's one thing to berate people for liking the anime over the manga but it's another to berate a moderator for being a moderator.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Shaddy wrote:Nah but I'm guessing he wants something to do with godhood and deities and the like. We know he wants to kill Zeno and take his place so I'm guessing the wish is a measure toward that.
That is what I would expect but it seems that it isn't going to be something to do with overthrowing the Gods if it is a gag.
Geekdom101 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you mean Wednesday?
Maybe LATE on Tuesday?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:16 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:

Bro. Ur outta pocket. Why u even mad?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
But how does he have this kind of information even before the movie's premiere?
I thought it was common knowledge that Geekdom has inside sources and loads of connections
Well, I've watched some videos from Geekdom, but it did not seem that he has inside sources or something like that. At least I do not remember seeing his channel or his Twitter account revealing new things about DB in advance
lol...

I've revealed like 50 things before anybody else has... but its all good.. now you know :clap:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:21 pm

I'm so happy that Broly lives by the end of the film. I hope they get more mileage out of him in future storylines.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:21 pm

PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:

Holy shit dude chill out. It's one thing to berate people for liking the anime over the manga but it's another to berate a moderator for being a moderator.
Are you trolling? Nobody mentioned the super anime here at all.

Its one thing to moderate a thread within the rules and another to ruin a perfectly good thread for a good number of us and a meaningful gesture by the community for the sake of your "artistic taste" in how spoiler tags visually impact the thread.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I thought it was common knowledge that Geekdom has inside sources and loads of connections
Well, I've watched some videos from Geekdom, but it did not seem that he has inside sources or something like that. At least I do not remember seeing his channel or his Twitter account revealing new things about DB in advance
lol...

I've revealed like 50 things before anybody else has... but its all good.. now you know :clap:
What about the 3rd wish or won't it be used?

And if I mind ask 2 things.

What has Freeza asked for?
Doea the truth about Beerus and planet Vegeta come out?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:24 pm

PFM18 wrote:That is what I would expect but it seems that it isn't going to be something to do with overthrowing the Gods if it is a gag.
See I thought about that too, but Extreme_Kai beat me to it.
Extreme_kai wrote:I definitely could see that as a possibility. He set his ambitions too high with that one, I can definitely see him getting into a shouting match with Shenron considering that wish would certainly be impossible to grant. Perhaps we may see a Super Dragon Ball hunt in a future arc? I really hope they don't drop that plot point, I wanna see him at least try to work himself up the God hierarchy.
I'm thinking the joke isn't in his wish itself, but in him fucking up the way to get what he wants repeatedly. Maybe he automatically assumes that Shenron is fucking with him or refusing to grant his wish rather than actually being unable to (which would be consistent with his experience on Namek), and tries to deceive him or argue with him for ways to get the wish (I really hope he at some point tries to wish for more wishes).
PFM18 wrote:Holy shit dude chill out. It's one thing to berate people for liking the anime over the manga but it's another to berate a moderator for being a moderator.
You shouldn't do either of those things...

Also, I'm really happy if Broly's gonna get to survive as well. That's probably one of the bigger changes we'll have gotten to the series from the modern era. We've had unkillable gods far above the protagonists' strength around the main characters for a while now, but that was in sort of a benevolent, inactive way. Broly doesn't have any limitations, he can fuck shit up if they need him to, or if he loses control again.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:25 pm

@Geekdom101, did you forget about mentioning "Goku finally...." or you didn't talk about it on purpose :D?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:25 pm

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
The final fight is Gogeta vs broly though right ?

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Don't say that Geekdom! You'll start the
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:31 pm

There's really only two questions I have which still remain unanswered:

1. Does Bardock make a last stand in space against Freeza before he dies? If he does, it makes it consistent with Chapter 307 of the original DB Manga in which one panel shows Bardock in Freeza's flashback.

2. Does Kaioken Blue appear in the film? If it doesn't, then basically it means the manga is being used more than the anime for the baseline story of the movie which Toriyama is involved in. We know that Blue Evolution has appeared in both the anime and the manga, so that doesn't matter.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707