Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:57 pm

*just finished watching trailer*... :| Well, at least UM5 will be released tomorrow so all of this commotion and my expectation for something interesting will soon be forgotten. At least I'll get some more lore and interesting stuff by tomorrow. :)

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Grimlock wrote:*just finished watching trailer*... :| Well, at least UM5 will be released tomorrow so all of this commotion and my expectation for something interesting will soon be forgotten. At least I'll get some more lore and interesting stuff by tomorrow. :)
What lore? The only lore SDBH can even give us right now is the whole ancient saiyan thing. Which is even more disappointing that something as low on the importance scale as SDBH (no offense) is going to be the first and maybe only continuity to tackle some of the most interesting lore in all of Dragon Ball.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:*just finished watching trailer*... :| Well, at least UM5 will be released tomorrow so all of this commotion and my expectation for something interesting will soon be forgotten. At least I'll get some more lore and interesting stuff by tomorrow. :)
What is UM5?

User avatar
New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by New_Guy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Shot in the wind but as much as I would like to see a Broly vs Whis fight, I think Whis will be responsible for removing the mind control device. I honestly don't know why or how that's just my personal belief. We may be lucky enough to see a brief skirmish though at least.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:11 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:I´m pondering what a ssg can do at this point, I think base broly overpowers ssj vegeta as seen in the trailer, then the latter go ssg to defeat base broly, forcing his hand to go ssj, it is the only way I can think of ssg being relevant.
Or they are bringing in the red blue switching from the manga?
Going by the new trailer even base broly overpowers ssg, so it is a matter of showcasing how strong broly is and forcing goku and vegeta go ssb just to beat broly in base.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:13 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:What lore? The only lore SDBH can even give us right now is the whole ancient saiyan thing. Which is even more disappointing that something as low on the importance scale as SDBH (no offense) is going to be the first and maybe only continuity to tackle some of the most interesting lore in all of Dragon Ball.
No, that is the only lore that you know of. But certainly they can come up with something new, another plot point at any time.

Why do you see it as "disappointing"? What would be disappointing would be lore being added but to no use at all (see Makaio and Makaioshin for example). Since there is a media preventing a certain lore from being just words in the wind, surely it shouldn't be something disappointing. Also, this is basically what is going on in modern Dragon Ball "something (games) as low on the importance" are the only ones to bother dealing with other things, actually making games more interesting, not more disappointing. :)
PFM18 wrote:What is UM5?
Universe Mission 5.

potat_lasaro
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by potat_lasaro » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 pm

New_Guy wrote:Shot in the wind but as much as I would like to see a Broly vs Whis fight, I think Whis will be responsible for removing the mind control device. I honestly don't know why or how that's just my personal belief. We may be lucky enough to see a brief skirmish though at least.
I also have a theory that he may be involved in removing the mind control. Unless I'm mixing things up, wasn't there a line in one of the magazine reveals asking if even Beerus could handle Broly?

Well what if Whis decides to remove the mind control device so Broly can fight at full power and see how Goku and Vegeta can do while also wanting Beerus to have to fight just to make sure he isn't getting lazy or contempt with how things are in the universe especially with Goku having used MUI.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would find it funny if at the end Whis reveals he let Brolyout of the device and go all out just cause he noticed Beerus was getting lazy and so he wanted Beerus to get some exercise in to keep him on his toes.

I can't see it happening but I would love if Whis had some plan and it involves removing the device.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:What lore? The only lore SDBH can even give us right now is the whole ancient saiyan thing. Which is even more disappointing that something as low on the importance scale as SDBH (no offense) is going to be the first and maybe only continuity to tackle some of the most interesting lore in all of Dragon Ball.
No, that is the only lore that you know of. But certainly they can come up with something new, another plot point at any time.

Why do you see it as "disappointing"? What would be disappointing would be lore being added but to no use at all (see Makaio and Makaioshin for example). Since there is a media preventing a certain lore from being just words in the wind, surely it shouldn't be something disappointing. Also, this is basically what is going on in modern Dragon Ball "something (games) as low on the importance" are the only ones to bother dealing with other things, actually making games more interesting, not more disappointing. :)
PFM18 wrote:What is UM5?
Universe Mission 5.
You said lore from UM5. As of now, the ancient saiyan stuff is the ONLY “lore” that we know of that UM5 can give us. Are you saying that when you were talking about lore from UM5, you were talking about lore coming out of nowhere that has yet to be hinted at? I doubt it. Thats just assuming based of of no evidence. As of now, the only lore is ancient saiyan lore.

And yeah, it IS disappointing that something cool like the Demon Realm or Ancient saiyan lore is being explored in a japanese exclusive arcade game rather than an actual tv series. Also, we have yet to actually see a confirmed makaioshin. Mechikabura and Demigra were never actually confirmed to be Makaioshin at all.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Zelvin
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: The Unknown Regions

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Zelvin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:23 pm

*finishes watching trailer* :o

*breathes in deep.....lets smoke out* Haaaah...was it good for you too? :wink:
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:42 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:What lore? The only lore SDBH can even give us right now is the whole ancient saiyan thing. Which is even more disappointing that something as low on the importance scale as SDBH (no offense) is going to be the first and maybe only continuity to tackle some of the most interesting lore in all of Dragon Ball.
No, that is the only lore that you know of. But certainly they can come up with something new, another plot point at any time.

Why do you see it as "disappointing"? What would be disappointing would be lore being added but to no use at all (see Makaio and Makaioshin for example). Since there is a media preventing a certain lore from being just words in the wind, surely it shouldn't be something disappointing. Also, this is basically what is going on in modern Dragon Ball "something (games) as low on the importance" are the only ones to bother dealing with other things, actually making games more interesting, not more disappointing. :)
PFM18 wrote:What is UM5?
Universe Mission 5.
You said lore from UM5. As of now, the ancient saiyan stuff is the ONLY “lore” that we know of that UM5 can give us. Are you saying that when you were talking about lore from UM5, you were talking about lore coming out of nowhere that has yet to be hinted at? I doubt it. Thats just assuming based of of no evidence. As of now, the only lore is ancient saiyan lore.

And yeah, it IS disappointing that something cool like the Demon Realm or Ancient saiyan lore is being explored in a japanese exclusive arcade game rather than an actual tv series. Also, we have yet to actually see a confirmed makaioshin. Mechikabura and Demigra were never actually confirmed to be Makaioshin at all.
Just to come at this from the other angle I've never understood the obession with the Demon Realm at all. Their a bunch of demons. They are the generic supernatural villain that got used for filler, games and movies. And they still are. Even their current stuff from heroes is generic play on pretty much every single demon story ever at it's core. Demons want to unlock the demon world or big bad demon wasn't to be resurrected or empowered again. It's some of the lowest hanging fruit in the history of fiction and myth.

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2150
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:42 pm

A theory a YouTube commenter posited really intrigued me.

Basically, they discussed the possibility that Whis will see if Broly might be a good replacement for Beerus as a God of Destruction.

A bit out-there, sure, but interesting at least.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7607
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:45 pm

So, finally watched the Trailer #3 and I was not very impressed by it, it was predictable besides Whis showing up on the battlefield, which for me is dumb... As I would prefer Beerus to be there instead (hierarchy of power, you know?)

On the plus side, I liked the return of Vegeta Boo arc outfit aka his best outfit, even if just his battle damaged armor. Broly looks okay, but I miss him screaming "KAKAROOOOOOOTTO" like a maniac :)
ekrolo2 wrote:Why is Cheelai talking about Broly the only bit of characterization we've gotten for him?
Goku also gives something by saying he's not a "bad guy".
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
This is basically Toei saying "Alright, quit your bitching. Here's your fucking stripes and armour. Happy?" :lol:
I don't think it's on Toei as they are very faithful to the designs of the original manga, but on Toriyama who most likely wanted this change.
Dbzk1999 wrote:This movie is gonna be full of visual spectacle
Hope there's good story too.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Here's how I imagine this fight would go.
Goku and Geets go from Base to SSJ1 to SSG vs Base Broly and get smashed. Then The dual go SSB which overpowers Base Broly, Broly then goes Powered up or Battle form and we see a dead even fight with slight edge to Broly. Then Goku and Geets go KK x20 and Blue Evo respectively vs SSJ Broly which leads to another even match. Finally Broly ascends to Full power form and mash the shit out of the dual. Goku and Geets fuse to become Gogeta Blue KK x20, Gogeta fails due to time limit and Goku FINALLY turns Ultra Instinct but double KOs with Broly. Broly wakes up first and about to hakai everyone, Whis shows up, bitch slaps him and takes him away in a cage. Beerus was just eternally grateful he didn't have to go through all this lol.

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1328
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Damn that song was anti-hype, definitely not what I wanted to hear in a movie about Broly... way too cute.

User avatar
ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:47 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ssj3kakarot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 pm

The scene in trailer #3 where Goku and Vegeta are doing a Kamehameha +Galic Gun looks like garbage compared to some of the other shots. It looks too much like a video game cut scene or something. Not a fan, personally. I hope there isn't too much of that in the movie.

Compare it to when you see Vegeta for the 1st time in this video. That's top notch quality.

Anyone have any preference?
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1328
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
This is basically Toei saying "Alright, quit your bitching. Here's your fucking stripes and armour. Happy?" :lol:
Haha I know you're mocking me and other people but damn i'm happy we were heard and some consistency has been kept!

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1328
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:The scene in trailer #3 where Goku and Vegeta are doing a Kamehameha +Galic Gun looks like garbage compared to some of the other shots. It looks too much like a video game cut scene or something. Not a fan, personally. I hope there isn't too much of that in the movie.

Compare it to when you see Vegeta for the 1st time in this video. That's top notch quality.

Anyone have any preference?
100% agree. Too much lack of detail and some sort of weird filtering going on there. I don't want to seem dumb but that's surely 100% CGI at that moment.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Well now that I saw trailer 3
-Whis seem like he probably gonan fight broly but highly doubt that
-Goku / Vegeta doing Final Kame by fate against broly
-Broly too fucking OP with a punch by vegeta in face with ssg when it weaker than a blue

I am being to question that I don't know if gogeta going be in film by 1 person who claim he is with number of various source, I kept the screenshot incase he come in here and confront me for more info, now we gotta wait until next week if it confirm he gonna be in film in world premier

User avatar
ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:47 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ssj3kakarot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 pm

vashter wrote:Well now that I saw trailer 3
-Whis seem like he probably gonan fight broly but highly doubt that
-Goku / Vegeta doing Final Kame by fate against broly
-Broly too fucking OP with a punch by vegeta in face with ssg when it weaker than a blue

I am being to question that I don't know if gogeta going be in film by 1 person who claim he is with number of various source, I kept the screenshot incase he come in here and confront me for more info, now we gotta wait until next week if it confirm he gonna be in film in world premier

Yeah! It's hard to tell exactly what part of the film this part with Whis is from, or if Broly is even in that scene. They make us believe that's the case though. Maybe Whis halts Broly's rampage and informs Papa Paragus that if he wants his son to challenge someone then they should seek out Goku and Vegeta? But I hope that if Broly trys to Hulk on Whis, that Whis stops it in his usual Angel-boss mode, as usual.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

User avatar
Zelvin
Regular
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: The Unknown Regions

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Zelvin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 pm

I'd love to see Whis testing out Broly and dancing around him, and be the first to see that Broly adapts as he fights, becoming more adept and stronger moment by moment. Which forces Whis to end the match immediately to prevent Broly from becoming too powerful too quickly.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Post Reply