Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:22 pm

Nice. Wonder if Herms took a stab at it.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:38 pm

I'm still curious as to who are the two Saiyan that were with Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta in that famous part where Tarble is mentionned.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:06 pm

Heard there are a few leaked images of SSB Gogeta floating around. Anyone have those? I'd like to see...

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Galan007 wrote:Heard there are a few leaked images of SSB Gogeta floating around. Anyone have those? I'd like to see...
Some guy claim he had 2 on reddit, and someone ask to show it, both were fake (I haven't seen it, believe it part of that)

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:29 pm

TheMikado wrote:
TheOne wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Are you sure? I personally don't think they are the same... they are both brutes, but that's about it.
So basically what Zero is saying is that out of the entire Saiyan race, Broly should be the only one allowed to have a brute like mentality. Despite their brute like tendencies because of their race.... Makes perfect sense
Rather how many evil saiyans with ultra special powers/forms and crazy high natural Battle Powers are there. If this many existed, they should have been able to easily overpower Frieza and his army... piling more and more makes the saiyan extinction by Frieza more and more nonsensical.
For starters, you’re talking about potentially millions (never given a number) being massacred by Frieza, and somehow the survival of 5-10 Saiyans diminishes what Frieza has done? Okay.. At no point did I ever say that the inflated powers of Cumber should be a thing in Super, but I refuse to believe Goku and Vegeta just “happen” to have more fighting potential than everyone else in their race (excluding Broly). Also, who is to say that this was the first child to be exiled by King Vegeta? There are plenty of possibilities that wouldn’t be BS storylines. Like the Demon realm getting ahold of a Saiyan child etc.

Personally, I like the idea of a Saiyan being so abnormally bloodthirsty and eager to fight that he needs to be put away as a potential weapon down the road. Only if it done well and he actually has a personality.
How i predict the tournament will end:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:44 pm

TheOne wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
TheOne wrote:
So basically what Zero is saying is that out of the entire Saiyan race, Broly should be the only one allowed to have a brute like mentality. Despite their brute like tendencies because of their race.... Makes perfect sense
Rather how many evil saiyans with ultra special powers/forms and crazy high natural Battle Powers are there. If this many existed, they should have been able to easily overpower Frieza and his army... piling more and more makes the saiyan extinction by Frieza more and more nonsensical.
For starters, you’re talking about potentially millions (never given a number) being massacred by Frieza, and somehow the survival of 5-10 Saiyans diminishes what Frieza has done? Okay.. At no point did I ever say that the inflated powers of Cumber should be a thing in Super, but I refuse to believe Goku and Vegeta just “happen” to have more fighting potential than everyone else in their race (excluding Broly). Also, who is to say that this was the first child to be exiled by King Vegeta? There are plenty of possibilities that wouldn’t be BS storylines. Like the Demon realm getting ahold of a Saiyan child etc.

Personally, I like the idea of a Saiyan being so abnormally bloodthirsty and eager to fight that he needs to be put away as a potential weapon down the road. Only if it done well and he actually has a personality.
So, like Broly now?

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Haven't read any posts here in a while as I don't want spoilers for the storyline however:

Does Broly have more dialogue in this film than the original?

Also, any word on how the soundtrack was or whether Blizzard appears in the movie or the credits?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:08 pm

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Does Broly have more dialogue in this film than the original?
Er... What? Are you comparing this Broly to his Movie 8 or his Movie 10 counterpart? Cause if yes, no... As M8 Broly talks a lot too, if M10 then I probably this Broly has more lines than him.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:10 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
TheOne wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

So, like Broly now?
Obviously this Broly is “different”. My understanding is that he doesn’t want to fight and can’t help the rage inside of him. He’s technically not a “bad guy”. The previous Broly was too extreme. Yeah he was blood thirsty, but completely lacked character. And not very smart.

I’d like someone in between. Broly was a weapon used by his father, not by King Vegeta or to conduct experiments. Yeah it’d be similar to Broly, but there are plenty of ways to spin a purely evil saiyan and make it legitimate. Like I said before, I personally don’t mind if there were other Saiyans lingering in the universe. Just give me a good explanation as to why an Angel wasn’t able to pick up on it (I personally can’t think of any without thinking it’s BS).
How i predict the tournament will end:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:16 pm

vashter wrote:Some guy claim he had 2 on reddit, and someone ask to show it, both were fake (I haven't seen it, believe it part of that)
Ah, so fake news then? Damn.

Thanks anyway, though.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:12 pm

TheOne wrote: Just give me a good explanation as to why an Angel wasn’t able to pick up on it (I personally can’t think of any without thinking it’s BS).
Because Whis was only looking for the highest concentrations of Saiyans from which to search for the SSG and was primarily focused on Goku anyway because he defeated Freeza and Majin Buu. As far as it's been made clear, there are more Saiyans (or those with Saiyan genes) on Earth than anywhere else in the universe. As, at the time, Earth had Vegeta, Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Pan (in the womb). So just two Saiyans (Broly and Paragus) on the fringes of the North Galaxy aren't going to be as noticed.

It's also possible that there's something about Planet Vampa that makes it a 'dead zone' to the perceptions of the gods and other higher beings. After all, from just the trailers it makes it seem like it took years for Paragus to find Broly. It could also be borrowing a bit from Star Wars, like how Yoda used Dagobah's own Dark Side aura to mask his presence, even from Sidious. Same thing could be said about Planet Vampa and why even Freeza's forces couldn't get a proper read on anything living on the planet until they were on the surface.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Noah wrote:
supersaiyandoctor wrote:Does Broly have more dialogue in this film than the original?
Er... What? Are you comparing this Broly to his Movie 8 or his Movie 10 counterpart? Cause if yes, no... As M8 Broly talks a lot too, if M10 then I probably this Broly has more lines than him.
Movie 8 as I said the original

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 pm

supersaiyandoctor wrote:
Noah wrote:
Movie 8 as I said the original
He doesn't have any douchey one-liners like he does in the first one. Once he enters his rampage, I don't think he speaks at all but I haven't actually seen the movie yet either. As far as I understand, he at least doesn't talk during his time as a SSJ/LSSJ like he does in Movie 8.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Haven't read any posts here in a while as I don't want spoilers for the storyline however:

Does Broly have more dialogue in this film than the original?

Also, any word on how the soundtrack was or whether Blizzard appears in the movie or the credits?
In M8 Broly talks a lot more in his SSJL form than Broly DBS in general, but DBS Broly base form talks more than M8 Broly base form. And then DBS Broly doesn't seem to talk once he transforms, kinda like M10 Broly.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 am

Why are they being so secretive about Gogeta???
We all know he’s in the movie. V Jump leaks have already begun, and, as of now, it seems there’s no reveal of him yet in this months issue. This has to be the worst kept secret ever by Toei.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:31 am

More like "secret least worth keeping". A character we already know about, who we've already seen before, who already has very little depth, but whom doesn't have any changes to his personality, who doesn't have any changes to his outfit, and who doesn't actually finish the fight.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:23 am

Obviously this Broly is “different”. My understanding is that he doesn’t want to fight and can’t help the rage inside of him. He’s technically not a “bad guy”. The previous Broly was too extreme. Yeah he was blood thirsty, but completely lacked character. And not very smart.
The old Broly wasn't very smart? the new Broly is more stupid and incult, think of him as a second Goku with rage issues.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 am

BrolyKale wrote:
The old Broly wasn't very smart? the new Broly is more stupid and incult, think of him as a second Goku with rage issues.
Yeah, classic Broly from Movie eight saw through Paragus scheme trying to abandon him. Pointed out his folly and then destroyed him.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:49 am

Miracles wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Yeah, classic Broly from Movie eight saw through Paragus scheme trying to abandon him. Pointed out his folly and then destroyed him.
Yes and that too. He is smart enough to understand that, he might not be the most intelligent character, but he was definitely not dumb.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 pm

PFM18 wrote:He doesn't have any douchey one-liners like he does in the first one. Once he enters his rampage, I don't think he speaks at all but I haven't actually seen the movie yet either. As far as I understand, he at least doesn't talk during his time as a SSJ/LSSJ like he does in Movie 8.
Which is lame, they took the best part of the original character: his sadistic side, making Broly an unstoppable force and just that on his more powerful form is like having another Jiren as the antagonist.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?