Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Michsi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:Didn't they say that the new Kitaro series would last a year? It started in March so that would mean a less than 20 episodes. Or maybe they meant at least a year. Either way, I' fine with them taking their time, especially if that means a healthier schedule for the staff.

Side note though, I think we should wait for an official confirmation before get caught up in expectations like this. Not saying there is no way a VA wouldn't know about these things, but it's also not the safest source.
I believe their only statement was that it was guaranteed to last "at least" 50 episodes.

Then that would mean they have around 15 episodes left and it would end in March, right when the spring season starts.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Interesting, makes you wonder why Goku needed to do the ritual when that was made out to be the main method. I'd one day like to know how Vegeta did it.
Well, Vegeta had to be trained by Whis himself to be able to do it, and that took months, back in BoG they didn't have time since Beerus wasn't really being patient, plus Shenlong never said there was an alternate method too...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Interesting, makes you wonder why Goku needed to do the ritual when that was made out to be the main method. I'd one day like to know how Vegeta did it.
Well, Vegeta had to be trained by Whis himself to be able to do it, and that took months, back in BoG they didn't have time since Beerus wasn't really being patient, plus Shenlong never said there was an alternate method too...
I dont know if its a dub only line but I distinctly remember in the english version Shenron specifies the ritual as the 'only' method. Could well be the case that it's another issue like the 'brilliant scientist' comment.

I just wonder what kind of training Whis gave Vegeta to do it. It can;t be just generic power training because if it were there'd be no reason other characters dont have it. You could send Gohan and the others to Whis if needed for the TOP and have them go in the room of spirit and time.

I guess I'd just like to know the methodology and HOW Whis trained him

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I dont know if its a dub only line but I distinctly remember in the english version Shenron specifies the ritual as the 'only' method. Could well be the case that it's another issue like the 'brilliant scientist' comment.
Just checked both versions of the anime here, the way they were worded is the same-ish, saying that it's a method to make one, but he doesn't hint that it's the only one, plus he was also quoting the Namekian book of mythology so it's kinda vague how much of it is his actualy knowledge... The movie version of BoG however, does say that it's the only method, and that's on the Japanese version, so they just quietly retconned that away.
I just wonder what kind of training Whis gave Vegeta to do it. It can;t be just generic power training because if it were there'd be no reason other characters dont have it. You could send Gohan and the others to Whis if needed for the TOP and have them go in the room of spirit and time.

Well, Super has shown that someone can be trained to become a god of destruction, so god ki is something possible to be obtained, the how is anyone's guess though, specialy since Whis' training didn't look like it had anything different enough that it'd help to get god ki, just better regular ki control at best... Just one of those things DB won't bother to explain lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I dont know if its a dub only line but I distinctly remember in the english version Shenron specifies the ritual as the 'only' method. Could well be the case that it's another issue like the 'brilliant scientist' comment.
Just checked both versions of the anime here, the way they were worded is the same-ish, saying that it's a method to make one, but he doesn't hint that it's the only one, plus he was also quoting the Namekian book of mythology so it's kinda vague how much of it is his actualy knowledge... The movie version of BoG however, does say that it's the only method, and that's on the Japanese version, so they just quietly retconned that away.

Well, Super has shown that someone can be trained to become a god of destruction, so god ki is something possible to be obtained, the how is anyone's guess though, specialy since Whis' training didn't look like it had anything different enough that it'd help to get god ki, just better regular ki control at best... Just one of those things DB won't bother to explain lol.
Yeah I knew at least ONE version I'd seen said as such. Guess it's retconned.

And you're repeating my point. I honestly don't want to even consider all Whis did was make them do even more push ups, more situps, and make them drink even more juice, and that was god ki gains

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:And you're repeating my point. I honestly don't want to even consider all Whis did was make them do even more push ups, more situps, and make them drink even more juice, and that was god ki gains
Clearly the difference is on the juice brand, Whis must've been giving them God Juice secretly :lol:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Lukmendes wrote:Well, Super has shown that someone can be trained to become a god of destruction, so god ki is something possible to be obtained, the how is anyone's guess though, specialy since Whis' training didn't look like it had anything different enough that it'd help to get god ki, just better regular ki control at best... Just one of those things DB won't bother to explain lol.
It's the sealing and increasing ki thing he taught them. When they use it in Whis' staff, Vegeta mentions feeling immense pressure and thinks it must be divine energy. After that they go right to the Frieza fight and can use SSB.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Terez wrote:
Miracles wrote:If it applied to all continuities it would of had them in the timeline.
Says who? Seems like an argument based on personal preference instead of any real logic or evidence. The logic says that their usage of "canon" refers only to Toriyama's involvement in the story. It's the only logic that fits with all the other official statements on this subject. Most people never even considered that it referred only to the manga because you really have to stretch to get to that position.
It's not a stretch when Shuiesha themselves have time lined the Super manga as official canon Dragonball to Akira Toriyama's manga.
Nothing I said, Shueisha is authority until Akira Toriyama himself comes out with a statement. Until then they are the rule of standard.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:And you're repeating my point. I honestly don't want to even consider all Whis did was make them do even more push ups, more situps, and make them drink even more juice, and that was god ki gains
Clearly the difference is on the juice brand, Whis must've been giving them God Juice secretly :lol:
That sounds like material for a doujin....

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:54 pm

By the way, I'm reading summaries and I'm seeing other new saiyans mentioned in different scenes, do we have images for any of them except Beets?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Michsi wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:Didn't they say that the new Kitaro series would last a year? It started in March so that would mean a less than 20 episodes. Or maybe they meant at least a year. Either way, I' fine with them taking their time, especially if that means a healthier schedule for the staff.

Side note though, I think we should wait for an official confirmation before get caught up in expectations like this. Not saying there is no way a VA wouldn't know about these things, but it's also not the safest source.
I believe their only statement was that it was guaranteed to last "at least" 50 episodes.

Then that would mean they have around 15 episodes left and it would end in March, right when the spring season starts.
I think we need to wait until Jump Festa happens before we get ahead of ourselves here.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 pm

https://www.facebook.com/54641040476/vi ... 405630646/
"Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
Rumors and voices, only that, without any confermation."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Shounen wrote:https://www.facebook.com/54641040476/vi ... 405630646/
"Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
Probably yes. Or no. Who knows... :P

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
As i told Geekdom, he could just be trying to cover up since he prob wasn’t supposed to reveal such info
Yeah. It could be a very convenient cover-up since he obviously isnt supposed to say that. Especially since he didnt clarify what he actually meant by the "new series" or how he was misunderstood, he just kinda said he knows nothing.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 pm

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Yeah. It could be a very convenient cover-up since he obviously isnt supposed to say that. Especially since he didnt clarify what he actually meant by the "new series" or how he was misunderstood, he just kinda said he knows nothing.
Tbh, a confirmation really doesn’t even matter as much anymore. Its obvious Super is coming back. What we should really be making a big deal about is WHEN Super is coming back. I’m def leaning towards July. Which is conveniently my birth month.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Damn, for a second I thought Goku had transformed into Super Saiyan 2. It would be nice to see that glorious transformation in the movie look. Too bad it won't appear though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Two days left promo trailer.

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 2149708800
Why is Vegeta wearing his Buu arc outfit? I prefered the navy blue armor that he had in the concept art, and I don't want anything reminding me of the Buu arc.
Grimlock wrote:Damn, for a second I thought Goku had transformed into Super Saiyan 2. It would be nice to see that glorious transformation in the movie look. Too bad it won't appear though.
I mean it's only slightly different from SSJ, so I don't see an issue with it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

That slight difference is enough to make it cooler.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~