Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7737
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by HeroR » Sat May 04, 2019 9:06 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:19 pm
HeroR wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:08 pm
mfwlegend3 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:53 pm


Vegeta literally tells Jiren that he fights because he wants to protect his family. It doesn't get more in your face than that. There doesn't need to be a constant reminder that Bulma, Trunks, and now Bra motivate him to ensure U7's victory.
Which is again after 123. I specifically said that up until that moment, he showed really no care for his family and was mostly running on ego. You don't need a constant reminder, but Vegeta sure in hell wasn't acting like someone fighting for his family or universe, especially when he blew off Goku's Spirit Bomb, something freaking Freeza gave energy for.
So if a character isn't consistently reminding the audience that he/she cares about their family every episode, they don't really care? That's retarded.

We already knew Vegeta's motivations for joining the ToP before ep.123. You are being delusional for arguing otherwise.

Nice to twist my words to argued with a straw man.

As I said, you don't need a constant remainder since Gohan never mentioned his family, yet the narrative made it quite clear that was what Gohan was fighting for by how he acted and doing everything he could so his team could win. Vegeta acted like a smug ass up until 123 and didn't even give energy to Goku's Spirit Bomb when literally everyone else on his team did, including Freeza who hates Goku's guts.

If this is delusional, fine. Actions speech louder than words, and Vegeta's actions were not one of fighting for his family until much later.
mfwlegend3 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:37 pm
What exactly are you getting at if you don’t feel a consistent reminder is warranted to prove that Vegeta puts his family before his own personal ambitions then? You give off the impression that ultimately it just stems from a personal bias against the character and you’re just grasping at any straws at the moment in an attempt to rationalize what ever point it is you’re trying to make here.

It’s not that hard to comprehend. I don’t know how else you’d like it to be spoon fed for you.

Why did Vegeta refuse to lend Goku his energy? He wanted to defeat Jiren for himself and in conjunction protect what he holds sacred and that being his family. Yes it is also likely that there was some for personal gain in there but from what we have been told and have seen that was minimal in comparison to his feelings for wanting to return to his loved ones again.

By above answer applies.

So Vegeta was thinking about his family, but also being a selfish SOB by not giving energy to the Spirit Bomb when Freeza of all people did and wanted to go solo against the person who smashed his rivaled into dust even with a power-up. I guess if Vegeta isn't selfish, he's just really stupid here.

Right, I need to be spoon-fed since it should be obvious that Vegeta was thinking of his family during all his 'Vegeta-sama, I'm the best' moments. As I said above, actions speech louder than words, and Vegeta's actions were not one of someone concern for his family until much later.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm

You're really trying to bind something so trivial to fit your narrative. Vegeta was selfish there yes and no one is refuting that. The point is that ultimately he puts his family before himself. So again I have to ask what are you getting at? Because Vegeta refused to lend Goku energy that defines his whole attitude towards the ones he evidently loves? What are you even arguing? Help me understand.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7737
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by HeroR » Sun May 05, 2019 1:53 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm
You're really trying to bind something so trivial to fit your narrative. Vegeta was selfish there yes and no one is refuting that. The point is that ultimately he puts his family before himself. So again I have to ask what are you getting at? Because Vegeta refused to lend Goku energy that defines his whole attitude towards the ones he evidently loves? What are you even arguing? Help me understand.
Call it trivial if you want, Vegeta didn't act like someone fighting for his family until near the end. Unlike someone like Gohan who you felt was fighting for his, despite the fact that he never mentioned them past Goku recruiting him in 78. Even 17 was who had a 'if we go together, that's fine', was willing to work with others for his universe survival, while Vegeta couldn't be bothered until the end.

Vegeta put himself before his family when he refused to do shit for the Spirit Bomb and was willing to go 9 on 10 because 'he was enough'. And yes, Vegeta not helping with the Spirit Bomb was a major dick and selfish move on his part since again, freaking Freeza gave energy.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Tai Lung
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 885
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 05, 2019 12:23 pm

FrostByte wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 am
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 56/photo/1
Summary of Toriyama's Q&A in the Broly Anime Comic.
then many get upset when someone says something negative about the relationship of goku with his family ... but for me the author has made it very clear long ago and now.
vegeta has evolved a lot that's why you notice that change for the love of your family.
Also in retrospect, Bardock has become more important when saving his son. :D
I do not know, lemo and cheelai are fine but I'm not sure I want to see them often, maybe Broly still have to do something with him.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ruler9871 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:46 pm

HeroR wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:06 pm
snip
I didn't strawman anything, I just poked holes into your BS claims & arguments.

Second, how is Vegeta helping out Goku against U9, helping Roshi against Frost, helping the whole team against U3, and saving Cabba from getting eliminated against Monna and then reminding him about his promise to revive him & Planet Sadala (all of which was before ep.123) examples of him being a selfish asshole?

You are being delusional and biased if you think there was no indication of Vegeta fighting for his family before ep.123. Simple as that.

And enough with Spirit Bomb argument (which was an outlier and largely forgotten afterwards), its a stupid and trivial argument you're making.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7737
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by HeroR » Sun May 05, 2019 6:49 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:46 pm
HeroR wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:06 pm
snip
I didn't strawman anything, I just poked holes into your BS claims & arguments.

Second, how is Vegeta helping out Goku against U9, helping Roshi against Frost, helping the whole team against U3, and saving Cabba from getting eliminated against Monna and then reminding him about his promise to revive him & Planet Sadala (all of which was before ep.123) examples of him being a selfish asshole?

You are being delusional and biased if you think there was no indication of Vegeta fighting for his family before ep.123. Simple as that.

And enough with Spirit Bomb argument (which was an outlier and largely forgotten afterwards), its a stupid and trivial argument you're making.
You really didn't since you didn't really counter anything.

Sure he helped now and then, but he still did shit to help with the Spirit Bomb after he saw Goku was in real danger and kept trying to solo Jiren despite seeing what he did and going 'I'm #1'. Not exactly the thinking of someone 'always thinking of his family'. And in the end, Goku was never in real danger against U9 and Vegeta was standing doing nothing before Frost shot at him to get his attention (like really, what was he doing).

You know, saving another team member from elimination isn't helping your universe. And we're talking about him thinking of his family, not thinking of Cabba.

So I'm being delusional, fine by me, Vegeta was a self-center asshole for most of the tournament. Which is why it is BS that 'he was always thinking of his family', because clearly wasn't.

Nope, not dropping it. And how is it largely forgotten when others besides me remember it and it was part of an hour long special.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2545
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Sun May 05, 2019 6:51 pm

FrostByte wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 am
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 56/photo/1
Summary of Toriyama's Q&A in the Broly Anime Comic.
Thanks.

Well, that was an uneventful interview.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ruler9871 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:49 pm
snip

Yes, you are being delusional and biased again.

1. If Vegeta wasn't fighting for his family then he logically wouldn't even join the ToP in the 1st place. Logic 101

2. Helping Cabba was part of his promise he made in the U6 arc.

3. So what if Goku wasn't in anything danger (like Roshi), he still got in there to help.

4. The Spirit Bomb thing was forgotten by the characters, since none of them ever comment on it and it he no effect on the outcome of the Goku vs Jiren fight.

You can keep your head in the sand all you want, you're still clearly wrong and delusional.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7737
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by HeroR » Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm
HeroR wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:49 pm
snip

Yes, you are being delusional and biased again.

1. If Vegeta wasn't fighting for his family then he logically wouldn't even join the ToP in the 1st place. Logic 101

2. Helping Cabba was part of his promise he made in the U6 arc.

3. So what if Goku wasn't in anything danger (like Roshi), he still got in there to help.

4. The Spirit Bomb thing was forgotten by the characters, since none of them ever comment on it and it he no effect on the outcome of the Goku vs Jiren fight.

You can keep your head in the sand all you want, you're still clearly wrong and delusional.
Call me delusional and biased all you want, my point still stands.

1) That's a really poor argument since we have seen Vegeta joined tournaments before when his family wasn't at risk like the Champa Saga. It isn't like Vegeta don't join tournaments unless there is no risked

2) Cabba going down would helped his promised since U6 can't win, so keeping Cabba in the ring was pointless. So pointless that Vegeta actually said it didn't matter after Cabba got rung out by Freeza.

3) Mostly to show off and again, he was literally standing there doing nothing when Roshi was being beat up and didn't act until Frost shot at him (which you didn't answer, what the heck was he doing).

4) We're not talking about characters, we're talking about the audience. The characters also play for laughs Vegeta being a mass murderer, doesn't mean the audience forgot or agrees the the cast. It was a dick move, plain and simple, with no excuse. Heck, the characters never mentioned again Vegeta murdering a Namekian village, but we're the audience are just supposed to forget?

Again, you can call me 'wrong and delusional' until you're blue in the fact, I really don't care. Vegeta was an asshole for most of the tournament who really showed no care for his family or universe until around 123.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ruler9871 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:56 pm

HeroR wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm
ruler9871 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm
HeroR wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:49 pm
snip

Yes, you are being delusional and biased again.

1. If Vegeta wasn't fighting for his family then he logically wouldn't even join the ToP in the 1st place. Logic 101

2. Helping Cabba was part of his promise he made in the U6 arc.

3. So what if Goku wasn't in anything danger (like Roshi), he still got in there to help.

4. The Spirit Bomb thing was forgotten by the characters, since none of them ever comment on it and it he no effect on the outcome of the Goku vs Jiren fight.

You can keep your head in the sand all you want, you're still clearly wrong and delusional.
Call me delusional and biased all you want, my point still stands.

1) That's a really poor argument since we have seen Vegeta joined tournaments before when his family wasn't at risk like the Champa Saga. It isn't like Vegeta don't join tournaments unless there is no risked

2) Cabba going down would helped his promised since U6 can't win, so keeping Cabba in the ring was pointless. So pointless that Vegeta actually said it didn't matter after Cabba got rung out by Freeza.

3) Mostly to show off and again, he was literally standing there doing nothing when Roshi was being beat up and didn't act until Frost shot at him (which you didn't answer, what the heck was he doing).

4) We're not talking about characters, we're talking about the audience. The characters also play for laughs Vegeta being a mass murderer, doesn't mean the audience forgot or agrees the the cast. It was a dick move, plain and simple, with no excuse. Heck, the characters never mentioned again Vegeta murdering a Namekian village, but we're the audience are just supposed to forget?

Again, you can call me 'wrong and delusional' until you're blue in the fact, I really don't care. Vegeta was an asshole for most of the tournament who really showed no care for his family or universe until around 123.
1. He originally considered not going to the ToP at all until after Bulla was born and learned about the real stakes. False Analogy

2. Vegeta didn't see Cabba as a real threat to him and wanted to see Cabba succeed as much as he can in the ToP. Goku helped Caulifla & Kale in ep.101 for the similar reasons.

3. Bullshit on the "showing off" argument, and Vegeta was busy with Magetta and other fighters while Roshi was fighting Frost. So you are wrong again.

4. Again you make another false and retarded analogy. Vegeta's murders in Z are mentioned again several times in later in the story by the other Z fighters. They're never treated as a joke.

Meanwhile, the Spirit Bomb scene is never commented on nor even noticed by any of the characters.

So once again, you show how deep in denial you are.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7737
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by HeroR » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:56 pm
HeroR wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm
ruler9871 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm



Yes, you are being delusional and biased again.

1. If Vegeta wasn't fighting for his family then he logically wouldn't even join the ToP in the 1st place. Logic 101

2. Helping Cabba was part of his promise he made in the U6 arc.

3. So what if Goku wasn't in anything danger (like Roshi), he still got in there to help.

4. The Spirit Bomb thing was forgotten by the characters, since none of them ever comment on it and it he no effect on the outcome of the Goku vs Jiren fight.

You can keep your head in the sand all you want, you're still clearly wrong and delusional.
Call me delusional and biased all you want, my point still stands.

1) That's a really poor argument since we have seen Vegeta joined tournaments before when his family wasn't at risk like the Champa Saga. It isn't like Vegeta don't join tournaments unless there is no risked

2) Cabba going down would helped his promised since U6 can't win, so keeping Cabba in the ring was pointless. So pointless that Vegeta actually said it didn't matter after Cabba got rung out by Freeza.

3) Mostly to show off and again, he was literally standing there doing nothing when Roshi was being beat up and didn't act until Frost shot at him (which you didn't answer, what the heck was he doing).

4) We're not talking about characters, we're talking about the audience. The characters also play for laughs Vegeta being a mass murderer, doesn't mean the audience forgot or agrees the the cast. It was a dick move, plain and simple, with no excuse. Heck, the characters never mentioned again Vegeta murdering a Namekian village, but we're the audience are just supposed to forget?

Again, you can call me 'wrong and delusional' until you're blue in the fact, I really don't care. Vegeta was an asshole for most of the tournament who really showed no care for his family or universe until around 123.
1. He originally considered not going to the ToP at all until after Bulla was born and learned about the real stakes. False Analogy

2. Vegeta didn't see Cabba as a real threat to him and wanted to see Cabba succeed as much as he can in the ToP. Goku helped Caulifla & Kale in ep.101 for the similar reasons.

3. Bullshit on the "showing off" argument, and Vegeta was busy with Magetta and other fighters while Roshi was fighting Frost. So you are wrong again.

4. Again you make another false and retarded analogy. Vegeta's murders in Z are mentioned again several times in later in the story by the other Z fighters. They're never treated as a joke.

Meanwhile, the Spirit Bomb scene is never commented on nor even noticed by any of the characters.

So once again, you show how deep in denial you are.
True. However, when he did leaned the truth and the odds, he was a) more annoyed that Goku lied, b) that Goku suggested Freeza without offering anyone else and said that he was enough so they didn't need a tenth person, and c) blew off Gohan's attempt at team because he again said, 'I'm enough'. If he really took the odds seriously as you keep saying, he wouldn't have blew Gohan off or at least offered someone as the tenth member to replaced Buu.

Even if Cabba wasn't a real threat to him, he was a threat to his team since Cabba was stronger than at least Piccolo and 18. So he put another member from another universe over his weaker teammates. Despite the fact that Cabba losing would have advance his promised. And Goku didn't take the tournament seriously either and his actions were also bad if not worse since he also helped Hit. However, no one pretends that Goku was taking things seriously until at least 126 or later.

He wasn't fighting Magetta before Frost shot at him. He was literally standing there doing nothing: https://youtu.be/VOZwpqbYbp4?t=169

So we're using retarded now when you really have no argument against Vegeta not helping with the Spirit Bomb outside of the characters not saying anything. And they do treat Vegeta's form murderous as a joke. For example, in the extended cut of the Battle of Gods movie, they had a scene of everyone clapping for Vegeta when Krillin pointed out that Vegeta hasn't killed anyone in a long time like he was a former addict who had stood clean. Or Goku mentioning in jest how Vegeta tried to blow up the Earth in the Champa Saga.

The characters not commenting don't justified Vegeta's shitty behavior.

So, I'm in 'denial'. Still doesn't counter my point.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ruler9871 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm

HeroR wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

True. However, when he did leaned the truth and the odds, he was a) more annoyed that Goku lied, b) that Goku suggested Freeza without offering anyone else and said that he was enough so they didn't need a tenth person, and c) blew off Gohan's attempt at team because he again said, 'I'm enough'. If he really took the odds seriously as you keep saying, he wouldn't have blew Gohan off or at least offered someone as the tenth member to replaced Buu.

Even if Cabba wasn't a real threat to him, he was a threat to his team since Cabba was stronger than at least Piccolo and 18. So he put another member from another universe over his weaker teammates. Despite the fact that Cabba losing would have advance his promised. And Goku didn't take the tournament seriously either and his actions were also bad if not worse since he also helped Hit. However, no one pretends that Goku was taking things seriously until at least 126 or later.

He wasn't fighting Magetta before Frost shot at him. He was literally standing there doing nothing: https://youtu.be/VOZwpqbYbp4?t=169

So we're using retarded now when you really have no argument against Vegeta not helping with the Spirit Bomb outside of the characters not saying anything. And they do treat Vegeta's form murderous as a joke. For example, in the extended cut of the Battle of Gods movie, they had a scene of everyone clapping for Vegeta when Krillin pointed out that Vegeta hasn't killed anyone in a long time like he was a former addict who had stood clean. Or Goku mentioning in jest how Vegeta tried to blow up the Earth in the Champa Saga.

The characters not commenting don't justified Vegeta's shitty behavior.

So, I'm in 'denial'. Still doesn't counter my point.
Those are so really dumb arguments, and I did debunk your point.

1. A) You are ignoring the fact that Piccolo during Freeza's recruitment told Vegeta to tolerate Freeza's inclusion on the team for the sake of his family (which he agreed).

B) Wanting to say the day alone (without Gohan) =/= not wanting to fight for his family. That's bad logic.

2. A) Outside of Frost, U6 at that point wasn't going after U7 and Cabba was at no point portrayed as an active threat to any U7 member, so that's still a bad argument.

B) Goku started taking the ToP serious since the hour special (109-110), not 126. That's just BS you made up.

3. You try to argue that Vegeta was just doing nothing there, yet ignore the fact that he immediately swoops in the save Roshi right after that scene.

4. "For example, in the extended cut of the Battle of Gods movie, they had a scene of everyone clapping for Vegeta when Krillin pointed out that Vegeta hasn't killed anyone in a long time"

That is not treating something like a joke. Krillin's merely pointing out that Vegeta is a changed man now (and nobody even laughed about his killings either in that scene, so you're argument is still bullshit there).

5. "The characters not commenting don't justified Vegeta's shitty behavior."

And you repeating the same shitty arguments don't prove you right.

The fact that nobody in-universe even acknowledges Vegeta's Spirit Bomb scene (and the show later acts like it never happened) means that it was never mean't to mean anything (and that you are clinging to a weak example out of bias).

Your "point" was the BS claim that Vegeta shown no concern for anyone before ep.123, which me and others in this thread had already debunked with proof numerous times.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1686
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 pm

If you live in Melbourne or Sydney, Broly is getting an encore screening along with a 1 hour panel featuring Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat.
Image
The Sydney screening will be at Event CInemas in George Street. The Melbourne screening will be at The Astor Theatre in St Kilda.

I literally just wanna go to this not just for the panel, but the chance that I might see this movie again with better audio quality. :lol: It sounded really poor when I watched it back in January. I could barely hear the hype man from the soundtrack.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 pm

HeroR being salty about vegeta yet again, what a shocker :lol:

It must burn you to the core that caulifla is irrelevant while vegeta shows up in every arc huh?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7737
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by HeroR » Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 pm
HeroR being salty about vegeta yet again, what a shocker :lol:

It must burn you to the core that caulifla is irrelevant while vegeta shows up in every arc huh?
Cali isn't even my favorite character. That remains Goku who has been my favorite since the 90s. This comment is also odd since my reasons for disliking TOP Vegeta has nothing to do with Cali. I never mentioned her in any of my posts and I barely mentioned her since she was eliminated back in 116.

And right, I'm salty because TOP Vegeta was an ass, despite me liking him the Future Trunks Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 am

HeroR wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 pm
That remains Goku who has been my favorite since the 90s.
It comes full circle now.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 10:07 am

"Bardock changed the fate of the Universe by showing affection to his son"
So this is basically Toriyama confirming that the accident that Goku had on Earth (while he was a baby/infant) didn't affect nothing on his personality because he was good all the time. How cute.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1686
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 am

Noah wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:07 am
"Bardock changed the fate of the Universe by showing affection to his son"
So this is basically Toriyama confirming that the accident that Goku had on Earth (while he was a baby/infant) didn't affect nothing on his personality because he was good all the time. How cute.
Except it doesn't say that at all. How the hell does that affect Goku's personality? All Toriyama's saying is that even the slightest bit of affection that Bardock had for his son managed to have a massive affect on the universe. If he didn't do that, Goku would've died on Planet Vegeta along with the rest of the Saiyans and the story of Dragon Ball would have never happened. How does this change the accident that Goku had on Earth? :lol:

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5371
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 18, 2019 11:01 am

Why people ignore factors is beyond me.

Trunks is another major character to the fate of the Universe thanks to his action of giving the medicine to Goku, but that only happened because of Bulma (a choice she made to change the future). Mr Satan is another major character to the fate of the Universe by throwing Android 16 next to Gohan (a choice he made even though he was afraid of a talking head), but that only happened because of some other circumstances.

In order for Goku to bump his head, he needs to arrive on Earth first, and that only happened because of Bardock (a choice he made, when he could have ignored and not sent his son to another planet).
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am

Grimlock wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:01 am
In order for Goku to bump his head, he needs to arrive on Earth first, and that only happened because of Bardock (a choice he made, when he could have ignored and not sent his son to another planet).
Which is stupid Bardock assuming that it could have helped anyone or just doing for "affection", I much prefer the irony of Goku following the same new born low class Saiyan pattern of being dropped on a weak planet in order to conquered it, but that didn't come near as planned because there was a lot of people that could kick his ass because he had fateful encounters that changed his path.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Post Reply