Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

superfan2024
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:21 pm

I kind of wish the "S-Cells" thing Toriyama talked about in a interview a while ago would've been used for Broly. Imagine if the scenario was that Broly was some sort of genetically altered or mutated Saiyan by King Vegeta's scientists, who tried to tinker with his S-Cells as part of an experiment for Planet Vegeta's elite army or something. The experiment went wrong and Broly became too power/out of control, which led to King Vegeta deserting him to a far off planet. This probably sounds too out of the left field or even terrible, but I wish there was something that explained how Broly went from practically nothing to SSB level of strength in a span of a few minutes other than that Oozaru thing.

I do like the little connections between Goku and Broly, with both being shipped away from Planet Vegeta, the former for selfless reasons, and the latter for selfish reasons. For someone as powerful as Broly, not to mention him being a Saiyan, I wonder why Goku just let him go off. Given how battle-hungry Goku can be, even going to the Zenos just to fight strong people in a tournament, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to search for Broly yet so far in the manga. Maybe one arc wasn't enough, who knows. I just hope whenever Broly does return, it isn't in some cliche way and I hope he can show off some new abilities instead of just typical screaming and ki blasts.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:44 pm

A little bit out of place, but a couple years passed, isn't there any news on the anime coming back and continuing from Broly?

Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:39 pm

cuartas wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:44 pm
A little bit out of place, but a couple years passed, isn't there any news on the anime coming back and continuing from Broly?
Nope, no news. This kind of thing tends to get discussed in the announcement and discussion thread, so you can read through the last few months of activity in that thread if you're interested in seeing how things have (not) developed. (The last 20 pages or so.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 73 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link (Currently on hiatus. Not permanently, though, I promise!)
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link (Chapter 3 is out. As you might have figured, chapter 4 comes out on Wednesday.)