Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Hail

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Can wait for Toriyama to retcon expectations built over the last 30 years. :roll:
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by Totamo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 pm

precita wrote:I just hope this doesn't contradict the established lore. Toriyama seems to be changing things for the sake of it lately.
This is a given, man. Every arc in dragon ball had something that contradicted something.

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by The gr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Noah wrote: Yea, maybe Vegeta interacting with the King of Sadla, Caulifla and Kale joining up with them facing a new enemy or something...
It doesn't make any sense if there is a formidable foe out there that will push our cast of saiyans in sadal,i much rather have an origin if anything as long there in Sadal,i won't be complaining.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5467
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by precita » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 pm

I wonder if the movie will be canon. Even movies 14 and 15 got retconned (somewhat) when Super's episode adaptions changed things around a little.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7455
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 pm

The gr wrote:It doesn't make any sense if there is a formidable foe out there that will push our cast of saiyans in sadal,i much rather have an origin if anything as long there in Sadal,i won't be complaining.
Probably not in Sadla, but in the Universe 6.
precita wrote:I wonder if the movie will be canon. Even movies 14 and 15 got retconned (somewhat) when Super's episode adaptions changed things around a little.
The retellings don't make BoG and RoF less 'canon' in the anime continuity.
Last edited by Noah on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 pm

This is sounding like it's going to be a Yasmoshi movie. And if they could go ahead and retcon Episode of Bardock, that would be ok.

User avatar
Black Hawk
Regular
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm
Location: Beacon Academy

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 pm

I was trying not to get my hopes up that it would be a Toriyama-written film with characters designed by him, but now I am pleasantly surprised!
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

Post by The gr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Noah wrote:
Probably not in Sadla, but in the Universe 6.
If that foe is so strong how come U6 never recruited him.I think U12 is the perfect candidate for this,they mentioned something interesting about the time traveler.
    Smelling a retcon or something weird added to the lore in this movie.

    User avatar
    Noah
    Born 'n Bred Here
    Posts: 7455
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
    Location: Virtual World

    Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

    Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:02 pm

    The gr wrote:If that foe is so strong how come U6 never recruited him.
    Well, who says this movie is before the Tournament Of Power? It could be pretty much after.
    Black Hawk wrote:I was trying not to get my hopes up that it would be a Toriyama-written film with characters designed by him, but now I am pleasantly surprised!
    How come you thought it would be a purely Toei movie? Since Battle Of Gods (2013) we're getting Toriyama involved in the series (manga/anime/movies)
    Last edited by Noah on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    乃亜

    Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

    Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

    ToshioWrites
    Temporarily Banned
    Posts: 573
    Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

    Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

    Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:03 pm

    Personally , I am super excited about an origin movie and finding out about Yamoshi and his transformation and finding out about saiyan legends I love stuff about lore .
    I feel like characters like the GoDs, Hit , Whis all could have awesome origin movies and I'd be excited if we ever got them

    User avatar
    MisteryOne
    Regular
    Posts: 603
    Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am
    Location: Spain

    Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

    Post by MisteryOne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:03 pm

    It actually sounds pretty good. To be honest, since the introduction of SSG, I had always wanted something like this. Saiyans have to come from somewhere, just like their Oozaru and God ki forms. I don't think they would actually do a movie without Goku and Vegeta nowadays, so I suppose they will go to Sadala or something and then we will have some nice flashbacks.
    precita wrote:I wonder if the movie will be canon. Even movies 14 and 15 got retconned (somewhat) when Super's episode adaptions changed things around a little.
    Depending of your definition of "canon" , BoG and RoF can always be more canon than Super's anime version of the events.
    If you want to play some Iceborne, Generations or specially Bloodborne hit me up.

    Dimitri is best boi and lions are badass, just look at "The One"

    English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

    User avatar
    Kenneth La Torre
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1541
    Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
    Location: Florida

    Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

    Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 pm

    Since this is mostlikely about yamoshi, i wonder if he is going to look like that rought draft that herms posted before.

    User avatar
    Totamo
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1835
    Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

    Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

    Post by Totamo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 pm

    The gr wrote:
    Noah wrote:
    Probably not in Sadla, but in the Universe 6.
    If that foe is so strong how come U6 never recruited him.I think U12 is the perfect candidate for this,they mentioned something interesting about the time traveler.
      Smelling a retcon or something weird added to the lore in this movie.
      Uh Goten and Trunks are stronger than every human on the team and they didn't bring them.

      User avatar
      Noah
      Born 'n Bred Here
      Posts: 7455
      Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
      Location: Virtual World

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 pm

      Totamo wrote:Uh Goten and Trunks are stronger than every human on the team and they didn't bring them.
      Not that I agree with him but why would U6 had the same U7 logic about recruiting people? :eh:
      乃亜

      Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

      Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

      precita
      Born 'n Bred Here
      Posts: 5467
      Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by precita » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 pm

      What if this movie retcons the Saiyans as being descendent from God's?

      User avatar
      Black Hawk
      Regular
      Posts: 532
      Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm
      Location: Beacon Academy

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by Black Hawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:08 pm

      Noah wrote:How come you thought it would be a purely Toei movie? Since Battle Of Gods (2013) we're getting Toriyama involved in the series (manga/anime/movies)
      It isn't so much that I thought it would be a purely Toei movie as it was I was worried that Toriyama was preparing to lessen his involvement with the franchise, given that the Dragon Ball Room now exists and he's seemingly been grooming Toyotarō to become the new story writer for the series, even referring to Toyotarō as his successor.
      "Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
      Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

      I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

      superfan2024
      Regular
      Posts: 631
      Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by superfan2024 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:08 pm

      precita wrote:What if this movie retcons the Saiyans as being descendent from God's?
      That would be odd but interesting.... And also, that's more of an unexplained explanation or reveal, not a retcon.

      User avatar
      Totamo
      I'm pretty cozy, here...
      Posts: 1835
      Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by Totamo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 pm

      Noah wrote:
      Totamo wrote:Uh Goten and Trunks are stronger than every human on the team and they didn't bring them.
      Not that I agree with him but why would U6 had the same U7 logic about recruiting people? :eh:
      So Toriyama can make stronger fighters from that universe when he feels like it, come on man its called wiggle room.

      BlueVegerot
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
      Posts: 400
      Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

      While its possible they go to sadala, i don't think going to sadala is gonna help the u7 saiyans know about their universe saiyans origins. They didn't even know about each other until the tournament and u6 saiyans had never heard of super saiyan let alone super saiyan god

      BlueVegerot
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
      Posts: 400
      Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

      Re: New movie announced for December 2018!

      Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 pm

      Totamo wrote:
      Noah wrote:
      Totamo wrote:Uh Goten and Trunks are stronger than every human on the team and they didn't bring them.
      Not that I agree with him but why would U6 had the same U7 logic about recruiting people? :eh:
      So Toriyama can make stronger fighters from that universe when he feels like it, come on man its called wiggle room.
      if u6 had fighters who could give goku or vegeta problems they would be in the tournament. even u7 went and got freeza of all people and champa doesn't care about the type of person you are see frost.

      Post Reply