Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:58 pm

LightBing wrote:Any idea how long after ToP this will take? I don't expect Freeza to rebuild his army in a week.
I hope there's at least a year of a time gap. It'd give them an excuse to let Goten and Trunks finally age up like they should have a long time ago.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:59 pm

LightBing wrote:Any idea how long after ToP this will take? I don't expect Freeza to rebuild his army in a week.
I don't think they've ever said how much time passes between each story so chances are it won't be brought up.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:For those unsure when to evacuate the forums and what not, I advise November. The Movie Ichiban Kuji begins early December, which means the two mysterious characters will be formally revealed before and likely in November's V Jump.
Which ones?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:21 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
I hope there's at least a year of a time gap. It'd give them an excuse to let Goten and Trunks finally age up like they should have a long time ago.
I have a feeling that neither Goten or Trunks will even be mentioned or shown in the movie.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:35 pm

bleed0range wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
I have a feeling that neither Goten or Trunks will even be mentioned or shown in the movie.
Well, when you look at the trailer, you can see the head of Bulla slightly above the pink cupcakes during the scene that shows Whis and Bulma at Capsule Corp. She has a full head of hair which isn’t how she was by the end of Super. That means she’s aged. She MIGHT even have pig-tails. I’m 90 percent sure it’s Bulla. Bulma’s even looking down at her.

This could mean good things for Goten and Trunks. Also, I'm pretty sure Trunks’s voice actor was confirmed for the movie. And Masako Nozawa is already confirmed for Goku and most likely Bardock but we don’t know if she’ll be doing Goten (or Gohan, lol).

Edit: yeah. Trunks’s VA is confirmed.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:21 pm

sintzu wrote:
I don't think they've ever said how much time passes between each story so chances are it won't be brought up.
Don't you know? We're still three years after the Buu saga. We're never actually going to get to Uub.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Man, that's a lot of tickets! not only Super is coming back, so is Broly, the Legendary Super SaiYen can't die in his reboot.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm

BrolyKale wrote:"Dragon Ball Super Broly Movie
20-23rd July - Three days Weekend(Friday - Sunday) advance tickets sale - 23,866!

236.7% Greater than Battle of God's and 207.2% greater than Resurrection F!

*Advance Booking Started on 20th July!(Friday)"

"Advance Tickets Sold - On Weekend(First 3 days of Advance Booking)

Battle of Gods(2013) - 10139 Tickets

Resurrection F(2015) - 11583 Tickets

Broly Movie(2018)- 23,866 Tickets"

source https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1021428242526363648
This movie’s going to beat One Piece Film Z as Toei’s highest grossing animated film in Japan. Holy shit. More than double than the last DBZ film. That is crazy.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:56 pm

20-23rd July - Three days Weekend(Friday - Sunday) advance tickets sale - 23,866!

How does this compare to Your Name?

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:00 am

Who thinks Bardock and Gine will appear? I wonder if Broly will have some hate for Goku again and be screaming Kakarot!!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:

How does this compare to Your Name?
Lol. It will never compare to Your Name. Your Name is the highest grossing anime film of all time. At most, this movie will make the 10th spot. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... nime_films
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Who thinks Bardock and Gine will appear? I wonder if Broly will have some hate for Goku again and be screaming Kakarot!!
Its basically confirmed. Bardock appeared in the trailer when the trailer showed a scene from dbminus. And in that scene, Gine was also ther so Gine is gonna be there too

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Lol. It will never compare to Your Name. Your Name is the highest grossing anime film of all time. At most, this movie will make the 10th spot. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... nime_films
Never doubt Dragon Ball, if this movie release was worldwide the comparison would be Black Panther or Ant-Man 2
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:07 am

Yea, but how were it’s advance ticket sales?

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Lol. It will never compare to Your Name. Your Name is the highest grossing anime film of all time. At most, this movie will make the 10th spot. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... nime_films
Never doubt Dragon Ball, if this movie release was worldwide the comparison would be Black Panther or Ant-Man 2
Well I don’t know about that, however, it would definitely be fun to speculate. Although I think everyone on this sub can agree, DB isn’t some run of the mill popular anime. With its triumphant renaissance and immense resurgence in popularity, presumably, no one should be surprised if it performs any unprecedented numbers.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:23 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
You’re overestimating Dragon Ball. I will never compete with marvel movies even if it was released worldwide. It won’t even touch Your Name. Not for a long time at least. R.o.F at the 22nd spot of highest grossing anime films. Not even quadrupling the amount of money R.o.F made would get you to the level of Your Name. Best case scenario, this movie makes triple the amount R.o.F did but that’s highly unlikely. Getting to the 10th spot seems like the most reasonable

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:22 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:I prefer the theory that Paragus might be the one using Freeza's army independently somehow. I don't get why Freeza would work with Broly and Paragus after wanting to get rid of the Saiyans to begin with. Maybe Freeza doesn't know they're Saiyans when they meet them. The worst thing we could have is his character going in circles; unless hes meant to be that plot device now.
Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Assuming the reason Broly goes after Vegeta first in the trailer is because he hates the royals this time like Paragus did (AND how broly was originally meant to apparently) then he might exploit the idea that Broly can get rid of vegeta, hoping goku and broly kill each other in combat and then merc paragus. Then there's nobody to stop him from killing the rest of the monkeys

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:24 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:For those unsure when to evacuate the forums and what not, I advise November. The Movie Ichiban Kuji begins early December, which means the two mysterious characters will be formally revealed before and likely in November's V Jump.
Which ones?
This. More newcomers or is it them goku parents?

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:29 am

Do you think this film is being made with the western audience in mind too? Just going off the cinematic trailer and Akira mentioning Broly was popular in the west too.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Assuming the reason Broly goes after Vegeta first in the trailer is because he hates the royals this time like Paragus did (AND how broly was originally meant to apparently)[...]
Where did you get that idea?