Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:40 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:I wonder what will happen to Frieza? To be honest he still deserves to die...
He shouldn't be alive again in the first place....
Bringing him back for the ToP did make sense though, since they need the strongest fighters possible for help.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

User avatar
CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Anyone know what the BR in Broly: BR stands for?
"Broli" Broli, essentially a way to differentiate him with old Broli

Toxin45
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:44 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Freeza should he killed in this movie by either Broly or Vegeta.
Nah Broly and vegeta are too busy trying to kill each other.
To be honest, I think the main reason why Freeza was brought back for the ToP was just to be used and killed in this movie. Either Broly or Vegeta doing it would satisfying.

One thing that would be even better is Broly or Vegeta killing Beerus after finding out about his role in Planet Vegeta's demise.
Nah that is a stupid idea. Killing of Frieza won't really do much and killing him again is just a bad idea.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Nah Broly and vegeta are too busy trying to kill each other.
To be honest, I think the main reason why Freeza was brought back for the ToP was just to be used and killed in this movie. Either Broly or Vegeta doing it would satisfying.

One thing that would be even better is Broly or Vegeta killing Beerus after finding out about his role in Planet Vegeta's demise.
Nah that is a stupid idea.
How? It would make sense for either of them to kill Beerus for what he did. Also, Broly killing Beerus would raise the film's stakes, since:

1. It would establish Broly as a Jiren level threat
2. It would take Whis out of the plot, since Angels are "deactivated" when their Hakaishin dies until they get replaced.
3. It would change the character dynamics on the series, since the Z-fighters (especially Vegeta) would no longer be fond of Beerus after finding out the truth. Hell, Beerus even tried to stop Whis from revealing the truth in RoF, likely because he knows how they would react.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Toxin45
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:52 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
To be honest, I think the main reason why Freeza was brought back for the ToP was just to be used and killed in this movie. Either Broly or Vegeta doing it would satisfying.

One thing that would be even better is Broly or Vegeta killing Beerus after finding out about his role in Planet Vegeta's demise.
Nah that is a stupid idea.
How? It would make sense for either of them to kill Beerus for what he did. Also, Broly killing Beerus would raise the film's stakes, since:

1. It would establish Broly as a Jiren level threat
2. It would take Whis out of the plot, since Angels are "deactivated" when their Hakaishin dies until they get replaced.
3. It would change the character dynamics on the series, since the Z-fighters (especially Vegeta) would no longer be fond of Beerus after finding out the truth. Hell, Beerus even tried to stop Whis from revealing the truth in RoF, likely because he knows how they would react.
I ment killing Frieza off for the third time is really dumb.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by precita » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Freeza will probably live for awhile until he tries to find some way to take over the God's as implied....but he'll likely be killed off or erased eventually. Probably not for a number of years from now though.

User avatar
#17
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by #17 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Ni matter what... I hope the art style will be used for a future series... Would love to see 17 with it

User avatar
Mister_Popo
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm

On TOEI-website i stll find the old trailer. I don't know if this is a leak TOEI actually wanted or not. If not, and if the crew with Nagamine and Nozama, especially travalled to US to present the new trailer, then i think this 'leak' was wrong. For godsake, give the people who worked hard on it at least the honour to present their work at Comic Con.

I wouldn't have mind to wait for a couple more days.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1551
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Nah Broly and vegeta are too busy trying to kill each other.
To be honest, I think the main reason why Freeza was brought back for the ToP was just to be used and killed in this movie. Either Broly or Vegeta doing it would satisfying.

One thing that would be even better is Broly or Vegeta killing Beerus after finding out about his role in Planet Vegeta's demise.
Nah that is a stupid idea. Killing of Frieza won't really do much and killing him again is just a bad idea.
It's gotten to the point that killing Freeza is the Dragon Ball equivalent of putting him in jail. Leaving Freeza alive just saves them the trouble of having to figure out a new way for him to escape. I don't mind him staying alive, though. I've said before that I think the series has hit a point that it would benefit from having a more stable rogues gallery to draw from rather than continue the constant escalation that the original story was known for.

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:30 pm

I do wonder what Beerus would have to say about a warrior in Universe 7 potentially being stronger than him who ISN'T Goku or Whis.

User avatar
Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 am
Location: Poland

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Mnich » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Don't worry guys, they will probably fix everything while retelling this movie in the next DBS anime arc.

Anyway, I'm not gonna judge this movie after a mere trailer. Some things from it may still change in the final version.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Mnich wrote:Don't worry guys, they will probably fix everything while retelling this movie in the next DBS anime arc.

Anyway, I'm not gonna judge this movie after a mere trailer. Some things from it may still change in the final version.
One way or another they better fix it. Not pink Freeza though, keep that the same. It gives him a young look that I appreciate. Or Vegeta's kid hair, don't change that back.

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Alruneia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Anyone know what the BR in Broly: BR stands for?
Brazil I think it stands for Broly, which would make him "Broly: Broly" (or "Broly (Broly)" depending on how you want to stylise it).
Current avatar: DBU Bulla
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Dragon Ball Ultimate (fanfic) progress: 69 out of 150 chapters complete

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
(I'm just gonna start working on chapters 12-18...)

User avatar
Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
That's not true.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
Raditz imagines him as a baby really early in the Saiyan arc, but Gine says he's been off on a distant planet with Vegeta so it's entirely possible that the last time he saw Goku, he was still a baby.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
That's not true.
That's just Raditz imagining him as a baby.....

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:04 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
That's not true.
That's just Raditz imagining him as a baby.....
It's not the first time we see Goku as a baby regardless.

User avatar
Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
Raditz imagines him as a baby really early in the Saiyan arc, but Gine says he's been off on a distant planet with Vegeta so it's entirely possible that the last time he saw Goku, he was still a baby.
There is a very good chance that him imagining him while he is still in his pod. Look back at the trailer and look at the panel. It looks very similar.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: That's not true.
That's just Raditz imagining him as a baby.....
It's not the first time we see Goku as a baby regardless.
Roshi also says Grampa Gohan found a baby, not a toddler, an actual baby which a 3 year old who can walk and fight is not.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Post Reply