How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 am

As much as I hate how they were treated I will hate if they are not brought back.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by Bullza » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:03 am

I'd be impressed that they had the balls to stick to it.

What's the point in having an entire Tournament revolved around wiping out Universes and live in a epic battle for survival....only for everyone to immediately come back anyway. What's the purpose of that?

The whole Tournament would just be a cheap gimmick where they'd built up all the interest and emotion by having these characters killed off and then "lolz we brought em back anyway".

With how everyone has always complained that things don't matter because of the Dragon Balls, this would be the worst by far.

Keep them dead. Make new and better characters moving forward.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 am

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by snpaa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:14 am

I'd be happy , most of the characters are terrible ,removing their putrid existence from the rest of dragonball would be the equivalent of cutting out a cancer and even if they were brought back only a select few would even be given screen time. I personally prefer dark endings, so giving this borefest of a tournament actually consequences would be a small gesture of actual consequence within a series that's know for having no permanent consequences.

Also I am inclined to believe that the writers don't really want to explore universe 6 because of the fact that it would lead to nearly all the saiyans in that universe learning super saiyan and that would take away the special exclusivity of that form the sparse saiyans we know. So I think this possible scenario does have a good chance at happening.
Last edited by snpaa on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:14 am

Bullza wrote:I'd be impressed that they had the balls to stick to it.

What's the point in having an entire Tournament revolved around wiping out Universes and live in a epic battle for survival....only for everyone to immediately come back anyway. What's the purpose of that?

The whole Tournament would just be a cheap gimmick where they'd built up all the interest and emotion by having these characters killed off and then "lolz we brought em back anyway".

With how everyone has always complained that things don't matter because of the Dragon Balls, this would be the worst by far.

Keep them dead. Make new and better characters moving forward.
Yeah, this basically summarizes my problems if they were brought back.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:41 am

Michsi wrote:Legitimacy disappointed, I'd say. When people express a desire for the show to regain some of it's seriousness, I'm pretty sure this is not what the majority mean. It'd depend on how they all act afterward, but I'd have a hard time looking at the main cast with the same eyes again. I think they might be taking the "they're not heroes" bit a little too far then.
Going by the ending of the Future Trunks arc, I'd be surprised if they didn't just sweep the reaction under the rug and carry on like nothing happened. Consequences are one thing but this is just the 'heroes' inflicting disaster on others. It barely effects them at all and basically kills a bunch of people to re-establish the pre-U6 status quo.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4474
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:57 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:Legitimacy disappointed, I'd say. When people express a desire for the show to regain some of it's seriousness, I'm pretty sure this is not what the majority mean. It'd depend on how they all act afterward, but I'd have a hard time looking at the main cast with the same eyes again. I think they might be taking the "they're not heroes" bit a little too far then.
Going by the ending of the Future Trunks arc, I'd be surprised if they didn't just sweep the reaction under the rug and carry on like nothing happened. Consequences are one thing but this is just the 'heroes' inflicting disaster on others. It barely effects them at all and basically kills a bunch of people to re-establish the pre-U6 status quo.
Difference is, we've actually grown (or were supposed to have grown) fond of a lot of these characters that got erased. They went to great lengths to make so many of them likable, it would be so disconcerting if they were all discarded in what can be only described as a cruel manner.
DB always had trouble with depicting true internal struggle and had many of it's character act abnormally in certain dire situations, but this might really be crossing a line into thoughtlessness.

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am

Michsi wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote:Legitimacy disappointed, I'd say. When people express a desire for the show to regain some of it's seriousness, I'm pretty sure this is not what the majority mean. It'd depend on how they all act afterward, but I'd have a hard time looking at the main cast with the same eyes again. I think they might be taking the "they're not heroes" bit a little too far then.
Going by the ending of the Future Trunks arc, I'd be surprised if they didn't just sweep the reaction under the rug and carry on like nothing happened. Consequences are one thing but this is just the 'heroes' inflicting disaster on others. It barely effects them at all and basically kills a bunch of people to re-establish the pre-U6 status quo.
Difference is, we've actually grown (or were supposed to have grown) fond of a lot of these characters that got erased. They went to great lengths to make so many of them likable, it would be so disconcerting if they were all discarded in what can be only described as a cruel manner.
DB always had trouble with depicting true internal struggle and had many of it's character act abnormally in certain dire situations, but this might really be crossing a line into thoughtlessness.
I think allot of fans, more then are willing to admit have grown fond of these New Characters. I know I have spoken verbatim on U2, but I miss to Allot, a TON Universe 6, mainly the Namekins, Cabba, Kale and Caulifla. Honestly I only got BACK into Dragon Ball because of these new Universe and characters characters, allot of the originals just where not holding me anymore and sadly still don't as much.

I think for many allot of these characters have become extremely likeable, some even connect to them more then the original cast and we want to see them grow and develop. As one said we HAVE BARELY Scratch the surface of the beginning story on allot of these characters, Especially U2, U6 and U11.

So while I do think this would an extreme unlikelihood we would not get them back, if we did not, it would for me personally might Kill the series, every part of it.

It be worst if they did a Majin Buu thing where they wished all the memories of these events away to move on with their live, that just horrible and taking a cop-out to avoid deep character insight into this.

Now if the next arc is getting the Universes back I am all for that, but if their is trying to get them back or a way to get them back, then really I think while some fans can go on fine in one way or another, I think likely for me and I know others it would be a killer for the series.

In the end Toei just can re-establish pre-U6 arc status quo as you worry they might BlueBasilisk, the genie can't be put back in the bottle anymore. Fans will always know about the universes even if they make the main characters for them. It be a major risky move that could turn off many fans of the series I feel.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
pacz360
I Live Here
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Let's look at this way
You obviously want this arc to have meaningful consequences and not an instant redo button like bringing them back
The future trunks ending was a massive surprise considering everybody thought including myself that trunks would have a happy ending where despite his asspull sword didn't amount to anything where zamasu killed everyone and Zeno nuked his entire timeline
Yeah trunks found another timeline but he has to live with fact that he failed everyone including his mentor will to protect the future
The question what route will they go to that can make the arc meaningful instead of a waist
Despite some people issue with the arc structure and handling of the characters there were characters from each universes that people liked and wanted to see more of in the future
So really it's depends on the execution

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Honestly, I would prefer that the universes stay gone. People mocked this arc for its lack of consequences along with the rest of Dragon Ball despite the future timeline going bye bye, so let the fanbase enjoy having Dragon Ball with consequences. And the characters shouldn't feel shame putting their own existence over others since that is how most people will react. It's easy to sit in judgement when it isn't your butt on the line.

I would only want the other universes back if they stay gone for a long, long time. Meaning, more than one story arc.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 pm

I doubt they would do this, but the only thing that maybe makes me think they might is how they had a universe die in the Trunks arc...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Honestly I only got BACK into Dragon Ball because of these new Universe and characters characters, allot of the originals just where not holding me anymore and sadly still don't as much.
Same here. The reason I began losing interest in the series was when the Earthling Z Warriors became irrelevant and Frieza died by Trunks. Same with my brother. Eventually I *kinda* warmed up to the Saiyans but I still have the earthlings as my faves, mainly because I started with Dragonball from the very beginning and grew really attached to the characters who participated in the original tournaments (Krillin, Roshi, Yamcha and Tien).

Super did a good job with Krillin, Roshi and Frieza and reminded me why I was a diehard fan in the first place. So I can totally get it if you don't want to watch DBS if Ribrianne never makes it back. But hey, who knows? Maybe a magical girl will be in the four uber universes and may end up being more likable in your eyes - you never know.

But again, I get you.

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Honestly I only got BACK into Dragon Ball because of these new Universe and characters characters, allot of the originals just where not holding me anymore and sadly still don't as much.
Same here. The reason I began losing interest in the series was when the Earthling Z Warriors became irrelevant and Frieza died by Trunks. Same with my brother. Eventually I *kinda* warmed up to the Saiyans but I still have the earthlings as my faves, mainly because I started with Dragonball from the very beginning and grew really attached to the characters who participated in the original tournaments (Krillin, Roshi, Yamcha and Tien).

Super did a good job with Krillin, Roshi and Frieza and reminded me why I was a diehard fan in the first place. So I can totally get it if you don't want to watch DBS if Ribrianne never makes it back. But hey, who knows? Maybe a magical girl will be in the four uber universes and may end up being more likable in your eyes - you never know.

But again, I get you.
I was strange for me not to be getting into Super when I 1st heard of it or when the other 75 or so episodes happen before the ToP arc. I Loved the DB-Kai era and music and dreamed about that time of a New Anime Series following up the story of the original Z, I wanted it allot back in 2010! But as time went on I got into other things, Marvel Comics as a Big one and other things, so it just for some odd reasons was not my cup of tea much anymore. I just did not get it but again it could be I had moved onto other ideals and forms of storytelling I found more interesting in other Animes and Comics. But really I think Super's style for awhile just did not grab me.

Thanks for the concern and understanding of how important the New Characters are to me, Especially Brianne.

It was pretty much their unique and different concepts and the multiverse that got me hyped for Super again. Now I have not bee very pleased with how Toei has written the ToP and how they have used these universes, but the characters still have been great and have great potential in future arcs, mainly being the focal point of the reason I am still around.

But that was interesting that If we never Get Brianne again maybe another universe has another Magical Girl(s) that can keep be going or I can like as much. Nice idea and indeed I thank you for the nice idea to keep me going and while other Magical Girls would be Awesome to see and get to know............Brianne is The-One-&-Only main Girl for me right now along with her friends Sanka Ku and Su Rozia and All of U2.

I am a longway from going anywhere and I sure they will be back and while other Universes like 6 give me reasons to stay around too............Brianne is the Girl that will keep me a Fan for a Long-Time to Come, Loyal to her one and only unique concepts, both her highs and lows, Toei has shown me their is allot special to her character I wish to see and support all the way with however long she lasts. :thumbup:

~~~~ Brianne, She is Indeed #1!

Image
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 pm

HeroR wrote:Honestly, I would prefer that the universes stay gone. People mocked this arc for its lack of consequences along with the rest of Dragon Ball despite the future timeline going bye bye, so let the fanbase enjoy having Dragon Ball with consequences. And the characters shouldn't feel shame putting their own existence over others since that is how most people will react. It's easy to sit in judgement when it isn't your butt on the line.

I would only want the other universes back if they stay gone for a long, long time. Meaning, more than one story arc.
Here's my problem with the erasure of the FT timeline.

No one from the main cast really cared what happened to that timeline, and we really didn't care much about it either since it wasn't our timelin. But not only that, their reactions about the erasure for that timeline were quickly brushed over and left no long term emotional impact on anyone. Not to mention they pretty much undid the main consequences of the arc by simply going to another timeline where everyone was alive.

With this arc, I think this would be a good opportunity to properly execute that idea, since we, the audience, actually do care about some of the other universes, namely 6, and the cast also care about that universe. If they can properly execute the reactions of the cast after the tournament without them being revived, I see this having a far bigger emotional impact on the characters and the audience than the erasure of the FT ever could.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:39 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Here's my problem with the erasure of the FT timeline.

No one from the main cast really cared what happened to that timeline, and we really didn't care much about it either since it wasn't our timelin. But not only that, their reactions about the erasure for that timeline were quickly brushed over and left no long term emotional impact on anyone. Not to mention they pretty much undid the main consequences of the arc by simply going to another timeline where everyone was alive.

With this arc, I think this would be a good opportunity to properly execute that idea, since we, the audience, actually do care about some of the other universes, namely 6, and the cast also care about that universe. If they can properly execute the reactions of the cast after the tournament without them being revived, I see this having a far bigger emotional impact on the characters and the audience than the erasure of the FT ever could.
Have to disagree right here. People did care about that timeline despite it not being our timeline. People wouldn't be so upset about the ending if they didn't care, especially since Toei did such a good job making us give a damn about the red shirt army. And the main consequences were not avoided since Trunks still failed and he acknowledged that he failed. Whis even pointed out that his new timeline wouldn't be his world and he would have to share it with another version of himself.

I also don't expect any real emotion from the cast, since they cast as quite stoic. What matters to me is the audience reaction and the people that really matter with the Future Trunks Saga, Trunks and Mai, had the right reaction. The only downside is that it was short.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 am

HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Here's my problem with the erasure of the FT timeline.

No one from the main cast really cared what happened to that timeline, and we really didn't care much about it either since it wasn't our timelin. But not only that, their reactions about the erasure for that timeline were quickly brushed over and left no long term emotional impact on anyone. Not to mention they pretty much undid the main consequences of the arc by simply going to another timeline where everyone was alive.

With this arc, I think this would be a good opportunity to properly execute that idea, since we, the audience, actually do care about some of the other universes, namely 6, and the cast also care about that universe. If they can properly execute the reactions of the cast after the tournament without them being revived, I see this having a far bigger emotional impact on the characters and the audience than the erasure of the FT ever could.
Have to disagree right here. People did care about that timeline despite it not being our timeline. People wouldn't be so upset about the ending if they didn't care, especially since Toei did such a good job making us give a damn about the red shirt army. And the main consequences were not avoided since Trunks still failed and he acknowledged that he failed. Whis even pointed out that his new timeline wouldn't be his world and he would have to share it with another version of himself.

I also don't expect any real emotion from the cast, since they cast as quite stoic. What matters to me is the audience reaction and the people that really matter with the Future Trunks Saga, Trunks and Mai, had the right reaction. The only downside is that it was short.
The negative for response to the FT arcs ending is very similar to peoples negative response to say 119 and could be basically summarized as: "That was it?"

Despite your claims that the FT arc had really consequences, its ending pretty much tied everything cleanly up in a bow and the events of the arc were never really touched on again in a meaningful manner afterwards. It just kind of happened. We never have to face the consequences for what happened during that arc ever again, since they don't directly relate to us.

I compare this directly to 119 because everything that happened in that episode, very much similar to 119, was hurried along and had no lasting dramatic effect on the audience despite narrative build up and suspense.

EDIT: The reason I feel this tournament could have far more of an impact than the FT arc ending, is because universe 7 actually has some ties and unfinished plot threads with characters from other universes. Goku and Hit still need to settle their score with each other, on top of the Saiyan girls and Vegeta still wants Cabba to take him to planet Sadala. These characters have relations that could continue into the future, unlike Trunks who when he was leaving had completed all important character interactions and arcs before his send off.
By having them killed off without completed these relations, could be played in a way that would emotionally affect the cast after the arc has finished, and not feel like some token ending, as was the case with the FT arc, where he went off to live happily ever after.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:45 am

JazzMazz wrote: The negative for response to the FT arcs ending is very similar to peoples negative response to say 119 and could be basically summarized as: "That was it?"

Despite your claims that the FT arc had really consequences, its ending pretty much tied everything cleanly up in a bow and the events of the arc were never really touched on again in a meaningful manner afterwards. It just kind of happened. We never have to face the consequences for what happened during that arc ever again, since they don't directly relate to us.

I compare this directly to 119 because everything that happened in that episode, very much similar to 119, was hurried along and had no lasting dramatic effect on the audience despite narrative build up and suspense.

EDIT: The reason I feel this tournament could have far more of an impact than the FT arc ending, is because universe 7 actually has some ties and unfinished plot threads with characters from other universes. Goku and Hit still need to settle their score with each other, on top of the Saiyan girls and Vegeta still wants Cabba to take him to planet Sadala. These characters have relations that could continue into the future, unlike Trunks who when he was leaving had completed all important character interactions and arcs before his send off.
By having them killed off without completed these relations, could be played in a way that would emotionally affect the cast after the arc has finished, and not feel like some token ending, as was the case with the FT arc, where he went off to live happily ever after.
It was nothing like 119. While some were upset at the execution, most were extremely upset that the future timeline got erased and never brought back. Some called it 'ruined it Trunks' bittersweet ending' or 'Trunks deserved to be be happy, dammit'.

Again, saying 'lasting dramatic effect on the audience despite narrative build up and suspense', simply isn't true. I mean, it maybe true for you, but not by the vast majority of the fandom I saw. Also, most of 119 response was indifferent or 'that was poorly done'.

Goku is more or less settled with Hit since he had no response when U6 did get erased. The only person who would really feel anything is Vegeta. And I wouldn't call what happened to Trunks 'to live happily ever after' given how he broke down into tears. I mean, that is kinda of like saying those who survived the Hunger Games 'live happily ever after'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 am

HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: The negative for response to the FT arcs ending is very similar to peoples negative response to say 119 and could be basically summarized as: "That was it?"

Despite your claims that the FT arc had really consequences, its ending pretty much tied everything cleanly up in a bow and the events of the arc were never really touched on again in a meaningful manner afterwards. It just kind of happened. We never have to face the consequences for what happened during that arc ever again, since they don't directly relate to us.

I compare this directly to 119 because everything that happened in that episode, very much similar to 119, was hurried along and had no lasting dramatic effect on the audience despite narrative build up and suspense.

EDIT: The reason I feel this tournament could have far more of an impact than the FT arc ending, is because universe 7 actually has some ties and unfinished plot threads with characters from other universes. Goku and Hit still need to settle their score with each other, on top of the Saiyan girls and Vegeta still wants Cabba to take him to planet Sadala. These characters have relations that could continue into the future, unlike Trunks who when he was leaving had completed all important character interactions and arcs before his send off.
By having them killed off without completed these relations, could be played in a way that would emotionally affect the cast after the arc has finished, and not feel like some token ending, as was the case with the FT arc, where he went off to live happily ever after.
It was nothing like 119. While some were upset at the execution, most were extremely upset that the future timeline got erased and never brought back. Some called it 'ruined it Trunks' bittersweet ending' or 'Trunks deserved to be be happy, dammit'.

Again, saying 'lasting dramatic effect on the audience despite narrative build up and suspense', simply isn't true. I mean, it maybe true for you, but not by the vast majority of the fandom I saw. Also, most of 119 response was indifferent or 'that was poorly done'.

Goku is more or less settled with Hit since he had no response when U6 did get erased. The only person who would really feel anything is Vegeta. And I wouldn't call what happened to Trunks 'to live happily ever after' given how he broke down into tears. I mean, that is kinda of like saying those who survived the Hunger Games 'live happily ever after'.
First, no he hasn't. Hit and Goku's last interaction is as follows. "Hit, if you make it to the finals, lets settle this thing between you and I." That doesn't sound settled to me. Also Goku and Vegeta haven't had that much of an emotional response because they are planning to revive universe 6 if they win. This is desire has been demonstrated by both Vegeta and Goku on seperate occassions. The first of which was in 112 by Vegeta and the second by Goku in 114 when he says "lets do this again after the tournament of power."

The entire point I'm trying to make is how Goku and Vegeta would be emotionally effected when they find out they can't revive the other universes, and they really did just permanently erase them from existence. That could create some form of character drama and could actually tie into an idea that was presented when Goku fought Uub, that Piccolo hadn't seen Goku be this happy in a long time, which they could explain away as Goku being upset after the events of the tournament of power.

BWri
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:45 am

I'd be bummed. I did like quite a few of these new characters even if they weren't fleshed out very well. In my ideal world, I'd have all the universes brought back and merged into one big universe which should work because the DB universes are apparently tiny (U7 anyway).
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 am

JazzMazz wrote: First, no he hasn't. Hit and Goku's last interaction is as follows. "Hit, if you make it to the finals, lets settle this thing between you and I." That doesn't sound settled to me. Also Goku and Vegeta haven't had that much of an emotional response because they are planning to revive universe 6 if they win. This is desire has been demonstrated by both Vegeta and Goku on seperate occassions. The first of which was in 112 by Vegeta and the second by Goku in 114 when he says "lets do this again after the tournament of power."

The entire point I'm trying to make is how Goku and Vegeta would be emotionally effected when they find out they can't revive the other universes, and they really did just permanently erase them from existence. That could create some form of character drama and could actually tie into an idea that was presented when Goku fought Uub, that Piccolo hadn't seen Goku be this happy in a long time, which they could explain away as Goku being upset after the events of the tournament of power.
Goku is always eager to fight people, so his interaction with Hit doesn't really say, 'we have unfinished business'. More, 'let have a fight again'. Vegeta had an emotional response to U6 being erased despite his plan to bring them back. And who says Goku plans to bring them back, especially when Goku outright said in 109 that he doesn't know what he would wished for, after several universes got erased.

I don't think they will have a huge emotional effect, except for Vegeta being more annoyed then usual. And Goku was happy at the EOZ because he was bored.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: How would you feel if the erased universes/fighters are NOT brought back?

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:46 am

While I do think it would be good if there were consequences in this arc and not everything was fine and dandy at the end, I'd also be pretty bummed if the erased universes didn't come back. I've come to like some of the characters that were introduced this arc and it be a shame if we didn't get to see them again. Though I would be more shocked if they didn't bring them back at the end of the arc, guess will see how this pans out in March when this arc supposedly ends.

Post Reply