How will Vegeta overcome its limits?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How will Vegeta overcome its limits?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 pm

We saw in the preview the Goku saying that Vegeta will not be able to beat Jiren so easily (something obvious), and then tells him to overcome the limits of his power (implying that it is necessary for him to be able to face the warrior of U11).

How do you think Vegeta will overcome its limits?

With an outburst of anger, just as it did against Beerus?

Showing the results of your training in RoSaT?

Or with some enhancement of Blue, just like in the manga?

Particularly, I believe that only a rage boost would be very predictable and in the end would be useless,(something like 3 minutes of fame).
It would be better for Vegeta to have a more powerful SSB because of his training in RoSaT + rage boost (so the merits would not just be anger)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: How will Vegeta overcome its limits?

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm thinking its going to be a combination of rage, enhancement, and possibly a stronger base Blue form then Goku.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:28 pm

I would say the best way for him in this to overcome his limits would be;

A combo of Incredible Frustration over his limits while facing down the the power of U11 and most importantly him Remember WHO he is Fighting for, something I wanted to see more of from Vegeta in the ToP, he is fighting for Bulma, Trunks and his new baby girl!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:33 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:I would say the best way for him in this to overcome his limits would be;

A combo of Incredible Frustration over his limits while facing down the the power of U11 and most importantly him Remember WHO he is Fighting for, something I wanted to see more of from Vegeta in the ToP, he is fighting for Bulma, Trunks and his new baby girl!

Fighting for the sake of his family and especially his new born daughter (also for U6 I guess, kinda) is the only reason which doesn't allow me to think Vegeta is going anywhere soon.

But as for the topic -

He should totally drain from stamina. Yes, I am serious.

Like Goku was out of stamina after trying to sustain Genki Dama. It's probably his only option to achieve UI. But it depends on Toei's motivations. If they want him to get it, if they just try to develop his SSB to another level or sth or maybe this "cool preview" is just pandering Vegeta's fanbase, throwing a bone, and then eliminating Vegeta. But hopefully it's not the case. It would suck AF.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:31 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:We saw in the preview the Goku saying that Vegeta will not be able to beat Jiren so easily (something obvious), and then tells him to overcome the limits of his power (implying that it is necessary for him to be able to face the warrior of U11).

Particularly, I believe that only a rage boost would be very predictable and in the end would be useless,(something like 3 minutes of fame).
It would be better for Vegeta to have a more powerful SSB because of his training in RoSaT + rage boost (so the merits would not just be anger)
He only trained in the RoSaT for an hour in this arc, so I doubt that he made any substantial gains in there.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:56 pm

I think it'll be a combination of his training, a rage boost & thinking about his newborn daughter. He also seems to have support from Goku and Freeza which can only help his odds and having a successful attack (doesn't mean he'll win, just that he'll leave an impact on everyone).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:05 pm

To be honest in the preview I didn't think his hits were impacting Jiren at all. I mean dude is just standing there with Vegetas hand in his chest.

I'm wondering if Vegeta will get much at all aside from pushing himself really hard.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:44 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:To be honest in the preview I didn't think his hits were impacting Jiren at all. I mean dude is just standing there with Vegetas hand in his chest.

I'm wondering if Vegeta will get much at all aside from pushing himself really hard.
Jiren was clearly serious and sweating against vegeta and besides vegeta doing way better than goku and hit.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:We saw in the preview the Goku saying that Vegeta will not be able to beat Jiren so easily (something obvious), and then tells him to overcome the limits of his power (implying that it is necessary for him to be able to face the warrior of U11).

He only trained in the RoSaT for an hour in this arc, so I doubt that he made any substantial gains in there.
It all depends on the writers.

Vegeta in 2 months of training in RoSaT overcame the SSJ, according to Trunks (even though he only inflated his muscles).

I believe that if they want to, they can make Vegeta only become much more powerful even training a short time (in fact, I think Vegeta trained for just over 1 hour)
GodKaio-Ken wrote:To be honest in the preview I didn't think his hits were impacting Jiren at all. I mean dude is just standing there with Vegetas hand in his chest.

In fact, the timing of kicking and punching seems to be different.

The animation on these two occasions is VERY different, besides that Vegeta is not shown hitting the kick and after hitting the punch, it seems to be only two moments that the preview one '' pasted ''

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:41 pm

2 hours in to the time chamber = 1 month of real time

Gohan needed one night with piccolo to get absurdly more powerful

Goku in a 30 minute span in the tournament went from fodder for Jiren to possibly passing all GoDs

The u6 saiyans speaks for itself

So it's not like the writers need to show a ton of training to give ridiculous gains whether the fans like that or not is a different story

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm thinking that in 122 he's going to get a rage boost akin to his my Bulma moment and a combo of his training as well will help him in his fight against Jiren. Still don't think he's going to be able to beat Jiren though just put up a good fight like Hit did.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:09 pm

It'd be cool for him to be the first to figure out FP SSJB, sorry, full power super Saiyan blue. They haven't dived into that concept in the anime, because SSB seemed complete since its introduction, but it would be cool to reverse the Cell Saga roles and have Vegeta be the one to figure out the next level of Blue.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm sure it'll have a lot to do with that Final Flash.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:08 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:2 hours in to the time chamber = 1 month of real time

Gohan needed one night with piccolo to get absurdly more powerful

Goku in a 30 minute span in the tournament went from fodder for Jiren to possibly passing all GoDs

The u6 saiyans speaks for itself

So it's not like the writers need to show a ton of training to give ridiculous gains whether the fans like that or not is a different story
It's not like it matters to your point, but it was closer to one hour than two.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:24 am

For once I wish the writers would allow the characters to take the path of least resistance in challenging these enemies. In Vegeta's case, it would involve either taking advantage of his copied rendition of the Kienzan or using the tactic cited in another topic regarding the Shine Shot on Jiren's eyes. If it doesn't bring him down then at the very least you're probably looking at the ganglion cells being charred with the optic nerves severely damaged/destroyed and Jiren suffering from Uhthoff's syndrome. Such an act would be a good start at bringing him down to a more manageable level hopefully since the optic nerve is connected to your occipital lobe. Any potential trauma to an area of your brain is going to have an impact on your motor functions, regardless of whether you can sense ki signatures or not. It's definitely more believable than Vegeta contriving new river amounts of power like they appropriated for him in the BoG arc.

Realistically, I'm guessing Vegeta either just does what he "achieved" in the BoG arc or we catch a glimpse of him acquiring Ultra Instinct.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:35 am

I have no idea, but i'm hoping for Vegeta achieving Ultra Instinct. In DBS Vegeta is shown to always get closer to Goku in power in no time, and i hope this continues, he deserves. He was "taught" about the concept of UI by Whis alongside Goku, and he was trained by gods, and by himself too.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:18 am

I do think Vegeta will get Ultra Instinct down the line. However, I do not think he’ll get it in this tournament as many are expecting.

Betting on fruits of training to have him compete with Jiren for a bit, and compete better than KKx20 Goku and Hit, but that’s it. A Bulma and family motivated powerup would be a nice touch though, but not banking on it happening. Maybe something like him completing SSB? That’s as far as I’ll go.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:09 am

Rage boost or Vegeta just powering up beyond his limits like how Goku did against Merged Zamasu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:34 am

Kanious wrote:I have no idea, but i'm hoping for Vegeta achieving Ultra Instinct.
As much as I'd love to see him get UI now I'd rather him get it when he's up against someone we know he'll take down, not someone hyped up for Goku like Jiren is. Modern DB is most likely going to be around for a very long time so there's no need to rush things.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:01 am

Seems to me he gets some rage boost. You can tell in the episode it has 2 different animation styles. One is the average DBS one where Vegeta isn't doing well, the other is the awesome one where he dominates.

But, I am being pessimistic, I think the trailer is misleading and Vegeta will get horribly stomped and ringed out.