Why do people have a problem with Vegeta doing better against jiren?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Why do people have a problem with Vegeta doing better against jiren?

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:08 am

Honestly it’s actually getting retarded how most of this youtubers are in denial like Christ let Vegeta fans have this for once even seththeprogrammer says this and that’s saying something,meanwhile the Japanese fans are happy Vegeta getting this.

This isn’t towards anyone on this site just to let people know.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Why do people have a problem with Vegeta doing better against jiren?

Post by sintzu » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:12 am

Based on the preview it looks like Vegeta is going to have a good fight and if we're lucky it'll extend into the next episode (123). I wanted him to get more important ones like a rematch with Cabba and Hit so at least they seem to be getting this one right but hopefully those 2 will be in the manga.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:18 am

Stop calling anyone who doesn't worship Vegeta a retard.

As for not wanting him to do better, it's mostly because of power scaling continuity (which I personally hate, but whatever).

Since a SSB Kaioken'd to the 20th Goku couldn't strain Jiren, a 'mere' SSB Vegeta shouldn't fare better than a Goku who was 20 times stronger than him. That's their reason. They don't hate the character, they simply hate it when the show doesn't stick to the math.

I personally don't care about power levels because I see Dragon Ball Super as I see Marvel and DC comics - we KNOW Doctor Doom is stronger than Spider-Man, but we don't know how many times, so we don't particularly mind if Spider-Man manages a hit or two and looks badass while doing it - in the end he'll lose and that's enough to maintain the status quo.

By the way. How would YOU feel if Piccolo fared better against Jiren than SSB Vegeta? Would you like that?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:25 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Honestly it’s actually getting retarded how most of this youtubers are in denial like Christ let Vegeta fans have this for once even seththeprogrammer says this and that’s saying something,meanwhile the Japanese fans are happy Vegeta getting this.

This isn’t towards anyone on this site just to let people know.
Just stop.Now back to topic,powerscaling.The only thing jiren phased was UI goku which was stronger than kkx20 ssb goku and vegeta fans should not be getting too happy,have they forgotten how much the previews have lied?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:31 am

I'm sure he'll lose in the end and we're just seeing the highlight reel. As long as the episode's good and Vegeta learns something from the inevitable beatdown (hah) I'll be ok with it.

But I have the sneaking suspicion people who otherwise rail against the power scaling shenanigans that permeate this arc will be a little quieter about this one. Because it's ok when it's a character you like getting the writer's favour. "That's just respectin' my boi Vegeta bruh"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:33 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Vegeta fans should not be getting too happy,have they forgotten how much the previews have lied?
We know we're going to get what we saw which is good enough when you take into account who he's up against. Jiren is on such a different level from Vegeta that him getting anything other than being knocked out by Jiren looking at him is a miracle.
Kataphrut wrote:I'm sure he'll lose in the end.

I have the sneaking suspicion people who otherwise rail against the power scaling shenanigans that permeate this arc will be a little quieter about this one.

"That's just respectin' my boi Vegeta bruh"
Of course he's going to lose. We (most of us at least) never expected him to win cause we don't even think Goku will so him just putting up a fight is all we want.

You won't hear a word out of me. :silent: What's good for our prince is good for us. :thumbup: I will however be very angry if that toaster is able to touch Toppo. :evil:

Couldn't have said it better myself. 8)

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:05 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:meanwhile the Japanese fans are happy Vegeta getting this.
Any proof for that giant generalization?

People have a problem with it because it doesn't make any sense in terms of power scaling. Not power levels, power scaling. You know, like tiers and shit? Goku got slaughtered at SSBKKx20, how can Vegeta somehow do better than him with only normal SSB?

Maybe since Goku is helping 2v1 him it'll allow Vegeta to get some hits in. That's the only way to have it make sense.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:11 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Stop calling anyone who doesn't worship Vegeta a retard.

As for not wanting him to do better, it's mostly because of power scaling continuity (which I personally hate, but whatever).

By the way. How would YOU feel if Piccolo fared better against Jiren than SSB Vegeta? Would you like that?

bro, none of that has actually mattered in super. power scaling is a mess and i wouldn't be surprised if bulma was able to tank frieza tbh.

I'd love for him to actually be the hero (or someone who steps up and takes down the big bad while nobody else can) instead of this stupid plot device he's become.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:23 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:I'd love for him to actually be the hero instead of this stupid plot device he's become.
I'd like that as well (not take over the franchise but just one time beat the main villain) but I highly doubt it'll happen cause for some unknown reason the heads of the franchise think DB will die if Goku isn't shown every 5 seconds. We can't even get a major change in formula let alone a change in the main character.

The franchise is currently at the perfect spot for him to get something like what Sasuke from Naruto got but... :yawn: I grew up on both DB and Naruto and always thought Naruto is what DB could've been if all the training wheels were taken off and Toriyama held nothing back.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:31 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:I'd love for him to actually be the hero (or someone who steps up and takes down the big bad while nobody else can) instead of this stupid plot device he's become.
Isn't that what Vegeta was ever since the cell arc?

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:37 am

Because it makes no sense Vegeta can do better than Kaio-ken X20. Though i'm more concerned with you mentioning you watch Seththeprogrammer. One of the more annoying fanboys in the DB community.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:52 am

Because that implies SSB Vegeta > UI Goku > SSB Kaioken x20 Goku. You realize it's stupid, i hope.

But that won't happen, i have already noticed that Jiren is just faking the pain. Yes, he's doing the same strategy Goku Black adopted in ep. 56. He's giving Vegeta the illusion that he's winning, then when he least expects it, he will go on the offensive. Jiren is a genius. He could just eliminate Vegeta (because he absolutely stomped SSB Kaioken x20 Goku, so logic dictates he would have no problem at all against SSB Vegeta), but why do that when he can first shatter his hopes and humiliate him?

But perhaps my mistake is thinking Toei cares about power-scaling and logic. I guess i've forgotten about ep. 66, haha.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:15 am

Unless there is a good, and I mean, a really good reason for Vegeta potentially performing as well as the NEP for Episode 122 is implying, then it's major power scaling issue given that Goku, when he cranked his SSJB form to being 20 times stronger than Vegeta, didn't even make Jiren flinch. And that's the big problem some people have with the idea of Vegeta potentially performing better in combat compared to Goku.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:57 am

Goku did very well against a SS2 level fighter and Hit in his normal form. That’s a very Saiyan thing, observe a fight and antecipate the movements. Vegeta has been watching Jiren since the start. So, the case is similar to when they fought Hit but this time Vegeta has the knowledge. The audience will probably comment on something that impressive.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:03 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Unless there is a good, and I mean, a really good reason for Vegeta potentially performing as well as the NEP for Episode 122 is implying, then it's major power scaling issue give that Goku, when he craked his SSJB form to being 20 times stronger than Vegeta, didn't even make Jiren flinch. And that's the big problem some people have with the idea of Vegeta potentially performing better in combat compared to Goku.
Look man, after the mess Universe 6 Saiyans left, nothing is gonna be worse..
Vegeta doing better against Jiren is more acceptable than what we have had with them..
If anyone is still watching the show after them, then power scaling problems of this level realistically shouldn't even matter..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:27 am

I mean, Vegeta trained his ass off in ROSAT before the TOP and blew it with no effort.

We don't know how much he has gained from that training so judging him and saying this is BS writing it's also kinda far-fetched.

Like, U6 Saiyans asspulls are probably the biggest one in DB history only second to Frieza's power up in ROF.

So I don't really get what's the problem with Vegeta, taking into consideration that in the manga him and Goku are pretty much on par.

And that's only Toei's fault they've brought back Kaioken to stack it along with SSB. They've messed up the things because Toyotaro's solved it pretty damn good.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:37 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Unless there is a good, and I mean, a really good reason for Vegeta potentially performing as well as the NEP for Episode 122 is implying, then it's major power scaling issue given that Goku, when he cranked his SSJB form to being 20 times stronger than Vegeta, didn't even make Jiren flinch. And that's the big problem some people have with the idea of Vegeta potentially performing better in combat compared to Goku..
Vegeta doing better against Jiren is more acceptable than what we have had with them..
If anyone is still watching the show after them, then power scaling problems of this level realistically shouldn't even matter..
I never really saw what the issue was with the Universe 6 Saiyans. Where they stand is pretty simple to me.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Unless there is a good, and I mean, a really good reason for Vegeta potentially performing as well as the NEP for Episode 122 is implying, then it's major power scaling issue given that Goku, when he cranked his SSJB form to being 20 times stronger than Vegeta, didn't even make Jiren flinch. And that's the big problem some people have with the idea of Vegeta potentially performing better in combat compared to Goku..
I never really saw what the issue was with the Universe 6 Saiyans. Where they stand is pretty simple to me.
Agreed. SSJ2 Cabba couldn't do crap to Golden Frieza and SSJ2 Kefla (with 'Broly cells' giving her constant power-ups) wasn't able to do crap to UI Goku. Don't see what the problem is as well. The fact that they got 10 times better at what they do in just 5 minutes is more of a problem, rather than how powerful they were when compared to the training the other Saiyans went. But that's due to horrible pacing, if nothing else.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 am

I love how you people can't wait until the episode actually comes out and will complain before seeing how it explains it. This is why people can't stand Goku fanboys.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:20 am

TBMx wrote:I love how you people can't wait until the episode actually comes out and will complain before seeing how it explains it. This is why people can't stand Goku fanboys.
Where can I find your criticism of Vegeta fanboys not waiting for the episode to come out to see if he's actually even doing better?