Character interactions between Goku, Freeza and the Androids in the tournament of power arc.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Character interactions between Goku, Freeza and the Androids in the tournament of power arc.

Post by Khandom101 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Like Tfs Vegeta once said " Never in my life have I needed something so much and never known until I've received it "
Seriously, I did not expect the interactions between Goku, Freeza and the androids to be this amazing and fun. :D :D :D

-The love/hate relationship between Goku and Freeza is simply amazing. The way these two argue, troll and tease each other gives me the Batman/Joker vibes ( I may be taking it a bit too far but this is simply how I feel). Like in the recent episode where Goku almost got knocked off but was saved due Freeza's intervention and the dialogue that followed it afterwards was spectacular with the whole Freeza saying his leg slipped and Goku countering it with him saying it barely even ticked. The interaction between these two in hell and the whole hand slipping scenario was handled masterfully. I don't know if I've said it before but Freeza brings out the best in Goku and the same goes for Freeza as well.

And you guys may already know the wonderful character's interaction between Goku and the Androids. I really liked how Goku saved Android 18 in episode 121 and him asking with a hint of concern if she was alright ( is it me or did I feel a white knight saves the damsel in distress situation here). The machines that were once designed to kill him in the past are now helping and constantly saving him (and he to them) in the future. It's time like these when you sit back and relax, thinking how things have changed. I want to write more but I am really tired and feeling really sleepy, just waiting for the right moment to get a shut eye. so please share your humble thought and opinions. peace out :wave: :wave: :wave:

precita
Banned

Re: Character interactions between Goku, Freeza and the Androids in the tournament of power arc.

Post by precita » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Goku went from never meeting 17 all the way till now, and barely any interaction with 18 besides when he stopped by Krillin's house, so having a great camaraderie with both of them. I liked how 17 and 18 also protected Goku from attacks in previous episodes.

Kind of funny since 17 and 18 were originally awakened with the program to kill Goku, and we saw how that turned out. In fact I don't think Goku and 18 ever spoke to each other in the entire span of DBZ. The Buu saga had Goku dead most of the time and when he came back 18 just made a sly comment when Goku was surprised 18 was the mother of Krillin's child.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Character interactions between Goku, Freeza and the Androids in the tournament of power arc.

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:06 am

Probably one of the best things about this saga besides the music imo. They've changed up the dynamic with Goku and Freeza to make it feel like they're genuine archenemies. I love that. As with Goku and the Cyborgs. Two individuals created to kill him, and he's been developing a growing friendship with both. He and 17 particularly seem to be close. Goku and Freeza have been at their best when interacting with each other. And the Cyborgs have been at their best interacting with Goku as well. Goku with the Cyborgs in general is an interesting team up that I enjoyed this saga. Vegeta and Roshi was another one.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:59 am

Jigurashi wrote:Probably one of the best things about this saga besides the music imo. They've changed up the dynamic with Goku and Freeza to make it feel like they're genuine archenemies. I love that. As with Goku and the Cyborgs. Two individuals created to kill him, and he's been developing a growing friendship with both. He and 17 particularly seem to be close. Goku and Freeza have been at their best when interacting with each other. And the Cyborgs have been at their best interacting with Goku as well. Goku with the Cyborgs in general is an interesting team up that I enjoyed this saga. Vegeta and Roshi was another one.
Basically, we need more interactions between characters who barely interact because it's original. This whole Goku/Vegeta and Piccolo/Gohan thing has been done to death and we need diversity.