Goku Time. They learned nothing from GT.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Goku Time. They learned nothing from GT.

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Elvis143BRA wrote:Whoever says that just because Goku is the protagonist is okay with him having so much screen time must never have watched DBZ.
IT isn't ok for him to have this much, but Z was just as terrible for me since I have no interest in watching his friends he on screen just to only get their asses kicked and when Goku isn't around they can't see to do anything or accomplish anything on their own. Why did nobody think of using the Rosat to fight the Cyborgs until Goku came back and told them? The humans and Piccolo should have been aware of it. They can't seem to do shit to without him. I dislike the way it is currently and I dislike the way it was in Z.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Z didn't just show his friends lose all the time. They put up fights against Nappa to be decimated to show the seriousness of the threat, and on Namek it was literally all about Gohan/Krillin and Vegeta for a long time. Even most of the Cell arc worked well without Goku, as did a large chunk of the Buu saga.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Elvis143BRA wrote:Whoever says that just because Goku is the protagonist is okay with him having so much screen time must never have watched DBZ.
IT isn't ok for him to have this much, but Z was just as terrible for me since I have no interest in watching his friends he on screen just to only get their asses kicked and when Goku isn't around they can't see to do anything or accomplish anything on their own. Why did nobody think of using the Rosat to fight the Cyborgs until Goku came back and told them? The humans and Piccolo should have been aware of it. They can't seem to do shit to without him. I dislike the way it is currently and I dislike the way it was in Z.
so have you actually watched z?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm

snpaa wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Read and watched it several times. That formula is stale and lame imo.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:53 am

Jigurashi wrote:
snpaa wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: IT isn't ok for him to have this much, but Z was just as terrible for me since I have no interest in watching his friends he on screen just to only get their asses kicked and when Goku isn't around they can't see to do anything or accomplish anything on their own. Why did nobody think of using the Rosat to fight the Cyborgs until Goku came back and told them? The humans and Piccolo should have been aware of it. They can't seem to do shit to without him. I dislike the way it is currently and I dislike the way it was in Z.

When you say several times , do you mean only bits and pieces or the entire series?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:27 am

snpaa wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
snpaa wrote:

When you say several times , do you mean only bits and pieces or the entire series?
Both. I've re-read it through completely several times. Went through the original manga again only a couple months ago in fact. I've re-watched completely only a few times. I usually do bits and pieces for the anime when I'm busy in my life. When I have more free time (like Summer breaks) I tend to to rewatch DB and other shows from beginning to end again.