Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Guess this probably explains why Toshio has been relatively quite since the turn of the year.
perucho1990 wrote:It confirms Freeza will be trolled again after all that hype but I guess it was Toei stuff again.
Freeza, Angels, Grand Priest there was potential for so much post the ToP very disappointing.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Post end of z series with Pan as the main character in 2019 hype!

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

I like how we're already complaining the end of the ToP is gonna be bad. We still don't know how it's going to end, y'know. It could easily end on a cliffhanger or with loose ends that can be tied up later.

We'll see.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Tomorrow there'll be an official announcement about Kitaro new "anime". Let's hope that it wont take Super timeslot, or be a series, and that all this "hiatus" or "end" rant is bs.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Kanious wrote:Tomorrow there'll be an official announcement about Kitaro new "anime". Let's hope that it wont take Super timeslot, or be a series, and that all this "hiatus" or "end" rant is bs.
It’s already confirmed

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Sykin wrote:I like how we're already complaining the end of the ToP is gonna be bad. We still don't know how it's going to end, y'know. It could easily end on a cliffhanger or with loose ends that can be tied up later.

We'll see.
Maybe, it would explain the DB's broadcast is still under discussion bit. But at the same time I'd doubt they'd leave the series off on a cliff hanger if they're unsure on its future.

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sykin wrote:I like how we're already complaining the end of the ToP is gonna be bad. We still don't know how it's going to end, y'know. It could easily end on a cliffhanger or with loose ends that can be tied up later.

We'll see.
Maybe, it would explain the DB's broadcast is still under discussion bit. But at the same time I'd doubt they'd leave the series off on a cliff hanger if they're unsure on its future.
This is true. I do feel like at the very least they'll leave some plot points open(Maybe not necessarily a cliffhanger but just enough to leave room for a sequel/continuation)

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Hell yeah, super's taking a break, hopefully this will help the schedule. The only way this could be even better would be if the series ended on a cliffhanger or hint something that may happen in the future :thumbup:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:59 pm

inb4 some people will say the ratings of the current arc are what caused Super to go on a hiatus in April
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Finally the news I was waiting for! As a strong supporter of Super going on hiatus to get fixed, I'm very happy! I know I will miss my weekly Dragon Ball, but if all this means it can come back stronger than ever, then so be it! Now I'm very hyped about this tournament's finale: It's going to be absurd in terms of art and animation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Even if it is taking a hiatus, that's fine because Herms clearly tweeted that "the series is not going anywhere", said by someone at Fuji TV.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Kitaro Trailer Released with confirmation of the date and Time slot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7nXF6BoOk

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Since it's finally confirmed, I guess it's finally worth talking about :lol:

I think Super going on hiatus, or ending and being followed up by a new series next year is fine. It's certainly better than stretching the staff to thin between the show and the movie, basically going back to the state Super was in the beginning.

If this helps relaunch Super, or brings us a new show actually well planned from the start, only good things can come of this. Not to mention it helping the movie be better than the last one. There's already some crazy good stuff in Super as it is, so just imagine what it could be with a normal schedule!

Also, it's not like we won't have what to discuss or speculate about, between the new movie info and manga chapters being released to end the Tournament of Power. Hell, the manga might actually keep on going if it's only a hiatus.

I mean, we all know the series won't die. The movie will make bank, so we will at least get a series of movies.

A cool way to go about it would be having a new movie every two years, with a TV arc in between. Basically, turn Super (or a new show) into a seasonal anime. The early arcs were short to begin with, prior to this current one, so just make them as good as possible!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Kanious wrote:Tomorrow there'll be an official announcement about Kitaro new "anime". Let's hope that it wont take Super timeslot, or be a series, and that all this "hiatus" or "end" rant is bs.
It’s already confirmed
damn, that's very sad. Maybe 20 years from now the series comes back with a new name, lol.
Last edited by Kanious on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

"Super ENDING in March"... "There are no plans for the broadcast of a new DB show". Unfortunately, that's not a hiatus. Yeah, Dragon Ball it's not over, there will be specials, movies in the future but this is the end of DBS (or any other on-going DB show) and I'm very sad about that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Sykin wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

We'll see.
This is true. I do feel like at the very least they'll leave some plot points open(Maybe not necessarily a cliffhanger but just enough to leave room for a sequel/continuation)
When Fairy Tail's first series announced to end everyone was similarly worried but then the episode aired and it ended with a "To be Continued" despite similar uncertainty when it'll retuen so could be a possibility. Hopefully they can negotiate a new broadcast within these two months.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Sani007 wrote:"Super ENDING in March"... "There are no plans for the broadcast of a new DB show". Unfortunately, that's not a hiatus. Yeah, Dragon Ball it's not over, there will be specials, movies in the future but this is the end of DBS (or any other on-going DB show) and I'm very sad about that.
You're making me have a mental breakdown.
Feels over Reals.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Can't say I am happy about the news. It's already hard enough waiting a week for a new episode, let alone months if it even comes back.
Well, I guess I still have the dub and the FT arc is starting now so that is good news.
I do hope this doesn't mean the show is done for good. I also sometimes feel that I am the only person that doesn't care for the show to get past EOZ, so I am not sure how much I would like a new series starting. I guess we have to wait and see.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm

They actually did it the absolute madmen.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Sani007 wrote:"Super ENDING in March"... "There are no plans for the broadcast of a new DB show". Unfortunately, that's not a hiatus. Yeah, Dragon Ball it's not over, there will be specials, movies in the future but this is the end of DBS (or any other on-going DB show) and I'm very sad about that.
What.the.hell? Is there an official link to this?