Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 pm

I have decided on the name Super Saiyan Royal Blue. To me, "Beyond Super Saiyan Blue", "Super Saiyan Blue 2", "Super Saiyan Blue Grade 2", etc. all sound inaccurate and weird for Vegeta's form.

This form isn't exactly an SS2, as there was no lightning. This also isn't exactly a Grade 2, as the sparkles and hair became a different color. Yes, he did gain muscle mass, but it was not in the same way where he just bulked up SS1. This new form came with larger muscles.

It seems like it isn't related to SSBlue in the same way SS Grade 2/SS2 are related to SS1. The name "Royal Blue" fits perfectly, as that is a deeper shade of blue and Vegeta is of royal Saiyan heritage. His elite position among his race should be honored in some way.

We may never get a name for this new form, and I think this is very fitting and accurate.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 pm

If it doesn't get a name in the show, it'll get one as soon as the form gets a card for Heroes or Dokkan Battle.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:37 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:If it doesn't get a name in the show, it'll get one as soon as the form gets a card for Heroes or Dokkan Battle.
Haha, yes, I know. I'm saying that I believe this is an accurate name, as well as honoring Vegeta as a character.

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm

I think Super Saiyan Kawaii or Super Saiyan sparkles are cuter and fit better

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Super Saiyan God Beyond Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 pm

How about Super Saiyan Butt Ugly? Because that’s what this “new form” is. SSBU for short.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:27 pm

They probably won't name it. It's a plot device to have Vegeta last a little longer so his fans won't get disappointed, just like Super Saiyan Rage was a plot device to have Trunks stand up to Black and Zamasu. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if this form doesn't even appear in the manga.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 pm

They'll probably do something like Shin Super Saiyan Blue or something.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Watch it be called Limit Break just to mess with us. :p

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Super Saiyan God Beyond Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
Ssjgssjgssj.

Sounds good to me. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

I like to call it Transcended Super Saiyan Blue. TSSB. Since that's basically what it is...

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Watch it be called Limit Break just to mess with us. :p
Well, Whis did call it a limit breaker form.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:37 pm

*ASSB is the most fitting abbreviation, imo.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:40 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I have decided on the name Super Saiyan Royal Blue. To me, "Beyond Super Saiyan Blue", "Super Saiyan Blue 2", "Super Saiyan Blue Grade 2", etc. all sound inaccurate and weird for Vegeta's form.

This form isn't exactly an SS2, as there was no lightning. This also isn't exactly a Grade 2, as the sparkles and hair became a different color. Yes, he did gain muscle mass, but it was not in the same way where he just bulked up SS1. This new form came with larger muscles.

It seems like it isn't related to SSBlue in the same way SS Grade 2/SS2 are related to SS1. The name "Royal Blue" fits perfectly, as that is a deeper shade of blue and Vegeta is of royal Saiyan heritage. His elite position among his race should be honored in some way.

We may never get a name for this new form, and I think this is very fitting and accurate.
Although I was really hoping for the name to be ULTRA BLUE as a cross between Ultra Instinct and Blue, I actually think Super Saiyan Blue 2 makes sense. A Super Saiyan 2 has electricity surging around them while a Super Saiyan Blue 2 has sparkles surrounding them. In real-life, a spark can emit electricity - so this might be Toei/Toriyama's symbolic way of saying a god's version of an SS2 is more refined and elegant. SS2's electricity is wild and uncontrolled while an SSB2's sparkles are elegant and controlled. Makes sense to me.

Also, let's remember when Super Saiyan 2 first came out - There was originally no name for it. Super Saiyan Blue 2 could be the same way. Besides, after all this time - I always wondered why they never went up in levels for Blue like with SS2 and SS3 so it's about time. Regardless of the ACTUAL name, I still believe this is a SSB's version of Super Saiyan 2.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Onibaku wrote:I like to call it Transcended Super Saiyan Blue. TSSB. Since that's basically what it is...
Galan007 wrote:*ASSB is the most fitting abbreviation, imo.
I definitely think the name needs to have 'Super Saiyan Blue' be a part of it, rather than 'Ultra' from Ultra Instinct.

I am assuming you both are using ASSB and TSSB to mean Ascended/Transcended. I think Ascended is attributed to Grade 2 forms often. I don't know ... I feel like because of the aura and hair color this isn't exactly a Grade 2 version of SSBlue. Transcended sounds more 'Beyond' than 'Grade 2', so I would go with that between these two names.

I still really like the idea of using 'Royal' in the name because of its association to Vegeta.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:32 pm

I also decided on the name Super Saiyajin Royal Blue a while back, myself. Fitting for a proud Saiyajin prince, eh?
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Although I was really hoping for the name to be ULTRA BLUE as a cross between Ultra Instinct and Blue, I actually think Super Saiyan Blue 2 makes sense. A Super Saiyan 2 has electricity surging around them while a Super Saiyan Blue 2 has sparkles surrounding them. In real-life, a spark can emit electricity - so this might be Toei/Toriyama's symbolic way of saying a god's version of an SS2 is more refined and elegant. SS2's electricity is wild and uncontrolled while an SSB2's sparkles are elegant and controlled. Makes sense to me.

Also, let's remember when Super Saiyan 2 first came out - There was originally no name for it. Super Saiyan Blue 2 could be the same way. Besides, after all this time - I always wondered why they never went up in levels for Blue like with SS2 and SS3 so it's about time. Regardless of the ACTUAL name, I still believe this is a SSB's version of Super Saiyan 2.
I feel they have moved beyond the numerical ascension because of SSBlue Kaioken. An SSB2 and SSB3 would be far weaker than SSB KKx20, which Goku already has control over.

Super Saiyan 2 does not build more muscle after transforming, which is what happened in Ep. 123. If anything, that is more a trait of Grade 2. They have been very consistent with electricity being for SS2 forms. Even Kefla's SS2 had electricity.

The aspects of the transformation don't signify an SS2. Sparkles aren't really electricity, and Toei has been consistent with that throughout DBS. More muscle mass is not really a trait of SS2 either. The hair color of SS2 doesn't darken. With all this being said, it doesn't make sense to me that it would be SSB2.

An SSB2 would look more like SSBlue, just with electricity. The aura, muscle mass, and hair color of Vegeta's SSBlue changed too differently.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Black Hawk wrote:I also decided on the name Super Saiyajin Royal Blue a while back, myself. Fitting for a proud Saiyajin prince, eh?
Haha, hey, what's up? Yeah, I totally agree with you. I know you and I have sort of been making up names recently. :P

I still believe Super Saiyan Proper, Super Saiyan Legend, and Super Saiyan Legend 2 make the most sense for names. The use of 'Legend' keeps the uniqueness of the form. The use of 'Proper' is because of Vegeta's comment how it might be the true form of a Saiyan. Any other names would be too many words and too long.

Super Saiyan Royal Blue makes so much sense because of its relation to Vegeta. The muscle mass, darkening of hair color, and change in aura mean this couldn't be a SSB2 or SSB Grade 2.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Super Saiyan Resolve.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:57 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Haha, hey, what's up? Yeah, I totally agree with you. I know you and I have sort of been making up names recently. :P

I still believe Super Saiyan Proper, Super Saiyan Legend, and Super Saiyan Legend 2 make the most sense for names. The use of 'Legend' keeps the uniqueness of the form. The use of 'Proper' is because of Vegeta's comment how it might be the true form of a Saiyan. Any other names would be too many words and too long.

Super Saiyan Royal Blue makes so much sense because of its relation to Vegeta. The muscle mass, darkening of hair color, and change in aura mean this couldn't be a SSB2 or SSB Grade 2.
Well, they say great minds think alike! I initially didn't have any unique names for Kale's forms before you suggested those; they make a lot of sense, and they make it a lot easier to keep track of Kale's unique transformations. She's a bit of an oddball in that regard, but, even though I dislike her, I do like how she changed up the status quo of what a Saiyajin turns into.

I still haven't quite decided what SSJ Royal Blue is exactly just yet, but I'm hoping it's something completely new and not a combination of past forms. While my mind is leaning most toward SSJ Blue Grade 2, since Graded forms are powered up versions of a given form instead of mutations like SSJ2/3, it'd be really refreshing if it turns out to instead be something completely unique and unlike anything we've seen before.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack