Why do you think Super is ending ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Why do you think Super is ending ?

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Doctor. wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:To be perfectly frank, Super ending after the ToP makes sense. Where else could they possibly go after an arc with such insanely high stakes, and an incredibly powerful foe? The only direction I could think of for where they could go is if they did in fact decide to make the Grand Priest a villain, and they don’t appear to be doing that.

So yeah, I can’t say I’m surprised about the series reportedly ending soon.
1. Opponents from the universes exempted from the ToP. There's bound to be someone stronger than Jiren there.
2. Opponents from even the included universes. A previous God of Destruction, an ancient evil released/revived. All the universes are blank slates.
3. One of the Gods of Destruction going rogue.
4. One of the Angels going rogue.
5. Opponents from the future if you're really desperate; open up a new timeline with a new threat.

That is, if you want to continue with Goku & co at the helm. If you want to make a next-gen story, there's even more possibilities.
I second this. These would have possibly been interesting storylines to explore, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:To be perfectly frank, Super ending after the ToP makes sense. Where else could they possibly go after an arc with such insanely high stakes, and an incredibly powerful foe? The only direction I could think of for where they could go is if they did in fact decide to make the Grand Priest a villain, and they don’t appear to be doing that.

So yeah, I can’t say I’m surprised about the series reportedly ending soon.
1. Opponents from the universes exempted from the ToP. There's bound to be someone stronger than Jiren there.
2. Opponents from even the included universes. A previous God of Destruction, an ancient evil released/revived. All the universes are blank slates.
3. One of the Gods of Destruction going rogue.
4. One of the Angels going rogue.
5. Opponents from the future if you're really desperate; open up a new timeline with a new threat.

That is, if you want to continue with Goku & co at the helm. If you want to make a next-gen story, there's even more possibilities.
I second this. These would have possibly been interesting storylines to explore, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They could still do it later if Super comes back or a new series is made.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 am

Whatever they do I just hope they don't retcon what happens after this arc finishes.