My fear for Super's finale

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Re: My fear for Super's finale

Post by DasMuse » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm

My ultimate fear is that they're going to end with a 4 year time skip to meet up with the EoZ in the last couple episodes of DBS. There is WAY too much potential for them to just brush aside 4 years and throw away all the new character development.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:41 pm

DasMuse wrote:My ultimate fear is that they're going to end with a 4 year time skip to meet up with the EoZ in the last couple episodes of DBS. There is WAY too much potential for them to just brush aside 4 years and throw away all the new character development.
Dude, not every year has to have some events of importance that transpired. Originally before Super - We skipped ten years after the end of Z with no problem. Why should every year have to be filled with importance? After the ToP Arc, I actually feel like Goku and the gang deserve a break before EoZ because if they don't - It makes the end of Z make even less sense than it already does because Bulma states, "You haven't seen us in five years, Goku" and based on what you're saying: That's already been messed up.

Not every year in real-life is filled with huge events so DB can be the same (and I'm aware DB is not real-life, just making a comparison). In fact, this is the problem with the fanbase: WE DON'T WANT TO MOVE ON TO STORIES WHERE WE DON'T KNOW THE OUTCOME, SET AFTER END OF Z.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:45 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...
[spoiler]STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR kicks in[/spoiler]
I would legitimately unironically love that

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:49 pm

DasMuse wrote:My ultimate fear is that they're going to end with a 4 year time skip to meet up with the EoZ in the last couple episodes of DBS. There is WAY too much potential for them to just brush aside 4 years and throw away all the new character development.
You're "fear" is my hope. If we get another series, it's time to go beyond the endofz to new territory, along with all the new lore Super has given us.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Knowing only a few episodes left until the show ends, I HIGHLY doubt we’re going to get a half decent pay off to Freeza’s schemes. Freeza might try some funny shit only to be erased off the plane of existence by either Beerus or Zen’o. Kinda rendering the recruitment episodes about Freeza pointless.
What Freeza scheme? Oh you mean the 'i will control the gods' line or something similar? That i think is the same as Gohan saying i will get my own ultimate form. Aka, random bullshit that shouldnt be taken to seriously. There is no scheme, it's just Freeza wanted to dominate everyone, ofc he fails in the end. Plus Freeza's end goal is to get ressed.

I find it a bit funny that people expected that the reason Freeza was brought in the ToP was for some plot twists and future arcs about his scheming and stuff. Freeza got brought back because he is popular, people love him and he is very entertaining. The best Freeza will get is a ress and we never see him again, till some upcoming movie or new series or he stays dead till again, some upcoming movie or new series. Either way, Freeza will return again and again and again. Since he is very popular.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
You're "fear" is my hope. If we get another series, it's time to go beyond the endofz to new territory, along with all the new lore Super has given us.
Agreed. It's time to move past the end of Z.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm

That is what will happen tho. ToP conculdes, then we will get an episode or 2 of end of Z with maybe some slight changes.

As for potential stories? TBH, u can have 100 stories in the span of 3 months before end of z lol. Time is not important in fiction. Now about potential stories? Like what, Gp is evil and Goku and co must stop him? Oh please. GP, Zeno, the angels n the GoDs r not evil. There is no need to stop them or w/e. Goku Black, he was evil. To make a new story u would need to bring an enemy above even Jiren, and TBH that is ridiculous.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 pm

buutenks wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:Knowing only a few episodes left until the show ends, I HIGHLY doubt we’re going to get a half decent pay off to Freeza’s schemes. Freeza might try some funny shit only to be erased off the plane of existence by either Beerus or Zen’o. Kinda rendering the recruitment episodes about Freeza pointless.
What Freeza scheme? Oh you mean the 'i will control the gods' line or something similar? That i think is the same as Gohan saying i will get my own ultimate form. Aka, random bullshit that shouldnt be taken to seriously. There is no scheme, it's just Freeza wanted to dominate everyone, ofc he fails in the end. Plus Freeza's end goal is to get ressed.

I find it a bit funny that people expected that the reason Freeza was brought in the ToP was for some plot twists and future arcs about his scheming and stuff. Freeza got brought back because he is popular, people love him and he is very entertaining. The best Freeza will get is a ress and we never see him again, till some upcoming movie or new series or he stays dead till again, some upcoming movie or new series. Either way, Freeza will return again and again and again. Since he is very popular.
Which again does render the whole Freeza replacing Boo as the 10th fighter pointless in the grand scheme of things. Have Boo remain in the team and nothing of significance would ever change. Freeza's character in this arc is the best he has ever been (one of the only redeeming factors of the arc really) and to have him exit the stage without some half-decent pay off besides standing there laughing would be disappointing. Then again, this current arc is a flop itself and this would just be adding more shit to the pile.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Freeza9000 wrote: Which again does render the whole Freeza replacing Boo as the 10th fighter pointless in the grand scheme of things. Have Boo remain in the team and nothing of significance would ever change. Freeza's character in this arc is the best he has ever been (one of the only redeeming factors of the arc really) and to have him exit the stage without some half-decent pay off besides standing there laughing would be disappointing. Then again, this current arc is a flop itself and this would just be adding more shit to the pile.
Eh, I'm enjoying the ToP very much. And Freeza is miles better than Mr Buu, or any version.

I think the problem is you all keep thinking that with every thing Super does is because it has some grand scheme and such. Really DB is straight forward, there is a bad guy or enemy and u need to hit him really hard to beat him. That is how it has always been. It baffles me when people expect complex stuff.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 pm

buutenks wrote:
That is what will happen tho. ToP conculdes, then we will get an episode or 2 of end of Z with maybe some slight changes.

As for potential stories? TBH, u can have 100 stories in the span of 3 months before end of z lol. Time is not important in fiction. Now about potential stories? Like what, Gp is evil and Goku and co must stop him? Oh please. GP, Zeno, the angels n the GoDs r not evil. There is no need to stop them or w/e. Goku Black, he was evil. To make a new story u would need to bring an enemy above even Jiren, and TBH that is ridiculous.
A random monster thing was destorying Dyspo in both the manga and anime. Dyspo was beating the shit out of Ultimate Gohan and Golden Frieza in this recent episode. The very idea that they couldn't make villains stronger then Jiren is ridiculous, they been doing that very thing for years.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 pm

buutenks wrote:It baffles me when people expect complex stuff.
And it baffles me that people wanted something at the slightest bit compelling instead of false hype and disappointment.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
buutenks wrote:It baffles me when people expect complex stuff.
And it baffles me that people wanted something at the slightest bit compelling instead of false hype and disappointment.
What hype? The only thing that was hyped was Jiren and UI Goku. Rest is just Toei stuff to please fans.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:51 pm

mecha3000 wrote:I got to thinking and Super has 8 episodes left, which is plenty of time to wrap up the ToP story arc. However, how would you feel if Goku and Jiren were the last ones standing and charged towards each other ready to clash? The fans are hyped and just as they're about to collide their fists - BLACK FLASH - Goku and Uub are now fighting, as Toei's way of saying the ToP Arc was resolved. A character like Piccolo states, "I haven't seen Goku this excited in a long time. Since Jiren" and Dende states, "Yeah. I can't even imagine how the battle was...."

I can just imagine the internet backlash that would result from that. I believe the Yu Yu Hakusho manga had an ending like that. Honestly though, I would want Gohan and Jiren to be the last ones just to see Gohan spotlighted due to his dedication to win, despite not really having a chance - maybe even busting out a more powerful energy from his Ultimate power, which makes Jiren fear it is similar to Ultra Instinct. Jiren would end up beating Gohan, with the universes erased after Goku gives Jiren a final thumbs up for a good battle - but then we get a scene of either Jiren wishing Goku and the gang back OR an ambigious ending where Goku and Uub are fighting and we have no idea how U7 was brought back to life.

The curiosity is making me kind of impatient for the ending, but we'll get there..... Like, soon now. Damn it, my dream of Gokan is no more..... (at least as far as we know)
I can imagine them ending with a major cliffhanger, it would be a perfect way to set up the story for the new movie, but I can't imagine them skipping to the next story with an unresolved cliffhanger, that would just piss everyone off.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 pm

I don't think there's anything to fear with Super's finale. It'll be straightforward and we'll have a traditionally happy ending with Universe 7 winning the Tournament Of Power, Freeza being thwarted (as much as I would hate that) and all the erased universes being brought back to life.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm

I thought about how they'll end it and the ending I thought up of kinda seems right but wrong as it makes watching Super pointless. So I think it'll be my worst fear but I would accept it.

Anyway the ending I imagined would have Goku trying to wish back the universes but the Grand Priest stating that it can't be done. Because he's the one that created the Super Dragon balls the Dragons power cant surpass his owns and since Zeno power is absolute, they can't be brought back. Goku then hesitates and ask if this fate couldve been avoided if he never met Beerus. The grand priest says perhaps. Goku ask if hes capable of granting that wish and he says yes and explains that the Angels power to remind time is a small percent of what he can do.

Flash forward and it shows Goku training with Uub and then theres a flash and you hear Beerus offscreen say, "Excuse me, you wouldnt happen to know anything about a Super Saiyan God would you?"

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:I thought about how they'll end it and the ending I thought up of kinda seems right but wrong as it makes watching Super pointless. So I think it'll be my worst fear but I would accept it.

Anyway the ending I imagined would have Goku trying to wish back the universes but the Grand Priest stating that it can't be done. Because he's the one that created the Super Dragon balls the Dragons power cant surpass his owns and since Zeno power is absolute, they can't be brought back. Goku then hesitates and ask if this fate couldve been avoided if he never met Beerus. The grand priest says perhaps. Goku ask if hes capable of granting that wish and he says yes and explains that the Angels power to remind time is a small percent of what he can do.

Flash forward and it shows Goku training with Uub and then theres a flash and you hear Beerus offscreen say, "Excuse me, you wouldnt happen to know anything about a Super Saiyan God would you?"
I fear this may happen for real... I mean, come on, that's basically a reset.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 pm

Venus wrote:
Brettjr25 wrote:I thought about how they'll end it and the ending I thought up of kinda seems right but wrong as it makes watching Super pointless. So I think it'll be my worst fear but I would accept it.

I fear this may happen for real... I mean, come on, that's basically a reset.

This is the exact conclusion I came to back in the Champa arc when the ToP and Super Dragonballs were revealed. Glad to see I’m not the only one who sees the alignment.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:49 am

Torturephile wrote:Goku and Jiren clash fists, but both Zenos just erase everything out of boredom and the present one gets annoyed at the future one for destroying more than he did, so they both fight in sadistic manner and release all the blood that was hidden from us during Super's duration.

Pan wakes up from a nightmare all of a sudden and tells Goku, as they travel through space with Trunks, about Super's events. GT's rap theme plays along as all three and their spaceship fly into the background full of stars towards Planet Luud.
Wouldn't Dan Dan be playing? I get the grand tour thing but it was just awful and isn't funny...

I do think a new series will come maybe next year or 2020 but I as well as many others would like to see events taking place during the GT timeline but entirely different events.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:17 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:Sounds like what happened in that Yugi/Jaden duel.
I was going to comment this! That irritated me so much that we couldn't see that one play out
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16