Vegito in the TOP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vegito in the TOP

Post by Kanious » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I don't think we'll have a fusion now, but i would like to see it.

I can't see Goku or Vegeta, or both defeating Jiren by STRENGHT. To me Vegetto or Gogeta (this would be great) would be the only character that may be closer, on par, or even stronger than Jiren in power. UI Goku doesn't seem anywhere closer to Jiren. "Sparkly" Vegeta also seems anywhere close to Jiren. We must remember that Jiren didn't show his true power yet.

As DBS is ending and we don't have any indication of a new series in the near future... i think that having a fusion now would be cool, specially if it is Gogeta.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Have any of you ever considered the possibility that after Vegeto is created, Jiren and Toppo will then use their own Kaioshin's potara to fuse too?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:30 pm

WHAT IF ...

GOKU MASTERS DEFENCE UI

VEGETA MASTERS OFFENCE UI

THEY FUSE

VEGITO MASTERS ALL UI

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:43 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:I'd be fine with it. Goku hasn't won in Super by himself and being unable to beat Jiren by himself would give him something to strive for. Anyways the time limit shouldn't be a problem since there's very little time left anyways and if Vegito can't beat Jiren in a couple minutes then they are screwed regardless
You mean like Beerus? So just rehash Battle of Gods.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm

I don't think Vegito is necessary from a tactical point of view, they could just try to wait until the time runs out with more people...

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 pm

I would rather have a Goku Frieza fussion. That would be so weird but amazing and probably have a hilarious personality.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

And here we have a thread displaying just how badly Super ruined Vegito.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:12 am

Probably won’t happen, but I think it’d be neat if they used the Potara not as a boost, but as a weapon in its own right. I.e., Goku wears one earring, and they do everything they can to snag Jiren with the other. Goren (or Jirku or Jiretto) is then locked out of participating on either side (due to both fusees being at odds) and simple numbers win the tournament for U7. And we know Potara fusions don’t have to be voluntary...
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:47 am

Nickolaidas wrote:WHAT IF ...

GOKU MASTERS DEFENCE UI

THEY FUSE

VEGITO MASTERS ALL UI
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Have any of you ever considered the possibility that after Vegeto is created, Jiren and Toppo will then use their own Kaioshin's potara to fuse too?
Yes, in fact a lot of people have

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/upload ... Finger.gif[/spoiler]

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:44 am

GOKU MASTERS DEFENCE UI

THEY FUSE

VEGITO MASTERS ALL UI
UI is only defence skill.

"His body is reacting and dodging on its own."
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 am

I would love if he re-appears briefly, to weaken Jiren a bit.
Plus, adding something among these lines, perhaps using Shin/Old Kai: "b-but this is the last time Goku and Vegeta will be able to fuse into Vegetto, because they already merged many times using Potaras". It would get rid of Potaras' free out of jail factor, AND let us see Vegetto shine one last time.
Not to mention, this final appearence would finally introduce him to the other Z-Warriors, who have never seen him.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:13 am

STH wrote:

GOKU MASTERS DEFENCE UI

THEY FUSE

VEGITO MASTERS ALL UI

Didn't Whis say that the reason Goku couldn't be effective in hitting Jiren was the fact that he had to think of an attack pattern and didn't attack by instinct because he hadn't mastered UI?

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
STH wrote:

GOKU MASTERS DEFENCE UI

THEY FUSE

VEGITO MASTERS ALL UI

Didn't Whis say that the reason Goku couldn't be effective in hitting Jiren was the fact that he had to think of an attack pattern and didn't attack by instinct because he hadn't mastered UI?
*Kefla
Or I dont remember :D

https://youtu.be/iEUpTOUg3M8

"Kefla-san's vigor is indeed impressive, but at present, it appears Goku-san's attacks are ineffective. It's likely because he can't fully utilize Ultra Instinct when he switches to attack."

Since Goku can not control this form completely when he attacked, it can not take advantage of the power of this form.
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:17 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:And here we have a thread displaying just how badly Super ruined Vegito.
Super didn't ruin vegito.Fusion is a out of jail card that never worked to its supposed effect.It is delusional to think that fusion was going to work to its full effect in a on going series when it didn't do that before.Next thing I am going to hear is that super ruined videl.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 am

As others mentioned, this arc is committed to Goku overcoming new obstacles with his "own power". Vegetto represents an unwholesome dependency on outside parties and devices to artificially bolster his power when he should be doing it on his own. Would merging with Vegeta be the sensible thing to do? Yes. But taking the sensible route doesn't seem to register in Goku's mind or the minds of anyone else for that matter.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:01 am

GOKU MASTERS DEFENCE UI

THEY FUSE

VEGITO MASTERS ALL UI

They fuse, Vegito emerges, he yells out "YOS-" and before he can even finish the word he's defused back into Goku & Vegeta for using too much power.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Bullza wrote:I don't like the idea at all. It would be a cheap copout and Goku should win with his own power.
Goku doesn't have enough power to beat Jiren....even with Ultra Instinct. Won't be happening.
Quite a bold claim there man, care to back it up with, you know, actual evidence?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 am

Does a fusion really have to happen? I seriously doubt it will.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Bullza wrote:I don't like the idea at all. It would be a cheap copout and Goku should win with his own power.
Goku doesn't have enough power to beat Jiren....even with Ultra Instinct. Won't be happening.
Quite a bold claim there man, care to back it up with, you know, actual evidence?
Sorry, but the burden of proof doesn't lie with my statement, as there is no proof or evidence that UI Goku is that strong. UI Goku is about fast reactions, not raw power. Did you not watch the fights with Jiren or Kefla, or the manga image above my post? If anyone has to prove UI Goku is that strong, it's you. He has showed nothing of the sorts that he is stronger, or even as strong as Jiren, nor has there been any claim by Whis, Beerus, or anyone that UI is anything other than a state which the body enters.
Last edited by MajinVegetaPD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.