Vegito in the TOP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Vegito in the TOP

Post by Amir » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I see many people despise that idea, but looks like I'm on the minority, after seeing how powerful Kefla was, maybe a fusion would be the only thing that could weaken Jiren. I think UI is not enough and it would be contrived oand stupid to make Goku suddenly master it fully, so the best thing to do is a fusion. I know I'm a Vegito fanboy, I think he is cool as fuck and this is a great opportunity to show how strong he relly is in his full glory compared to the GODs and Jiren, and to make up for the disappointment in episode 66. After seeing how poorly they treated him in 66, it only made me want to see more of him.
It would be cool if he at least helps to defeat him by weakening him a bit, and it honestly can make sense.

My fanboizm aside, I can't see any other way for them to beat Jiren other than a fully mastered UI Goku, but that wouldn't make sense at all and would be remembered in the books as the worst asspull thing the series has ever done.
What do you think?
Last edited by Amir on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Vegito in the TOP

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:38 pm

They don't necessarily need to ring-out Jiren. They just need 2 or more people in the ring (depending on what happens with Toppo, Vegeta, Freeza, and 17) when the time hits 00:00 to win.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:53 pm

I don't like the idea at all. It would be a cheap copout and Goku should win with his own power.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 pm

I'd be fine with it. Goku hasn't won in Super by himself and being unable to beat Jiren by himself would give him something to strive for. Anyways the time limit shouldn't be a problem since there's very little time left anyways and if Vegito can't beat Jiren in a couple minutes then they are screwed regardless

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Considering Vegito wasn't even meant to appear in the Future Trunks arc, I doubt he'll make an appearance. The focus now is on their individual powers, rather than combining their efforts. We've seen Goku achieve UI and Vegeta gaining his own power that rivals SSBKK.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: The focus now is on their individual powers, rather than combining their efforts. We've seen Goku achieve UI and Vegeta gaining his own power that rivals SSBKK.
Neither was particularly effective

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't like the idea at all. It would be a cheap copout and Goku should win with his own power.
Goku doesn't have enough power to beat Jiren....even with Ultra Instinct. Won't be happening.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 am

shadowmaria wrote:This is the only character remaining in Super's anime that I wish to see;

Indeed. Along with Goten, Trunks and Marron with their proper height, then Dragon Ball Super can end.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Bullza wrote:I don't like the idea at all. It would be a cheap copout and Goku should win with his own power.
Goku doesn't have enough power to beat Jiren....even with Ultra Instinct. Won't be happening.
Well obviously he would end up having to gain enough power upon mastering ultra instinct.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:31 am

Bullza wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Well obviously he would end up having to gain enough power upon mastering ultra instinct.

I doubt it.

Ssj3 failed
Ssg failed
Ssb got beat down
Ssb KKx10 failed
MUI will probably do the same

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 am

ToshioWrites wrote:I doubt it.

Ssj3 failed
Ssg failed
Ssb got beat down
Ssb KKx10 failed
Ultra Instinct already failed once so that boosts it's chances for winning the second time.

Even though I would rather him lose than them have Vegito who is just a cheap gimmick.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:11 am

I hope not

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:17 am

Bullza wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
I still see no hard evidence that Ultra Instinct grants a significant power boost. From my understanding, isn't Ultra Instinct simply a state in where your body moves and reacts independently without having to think?

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:23 am

Bullza wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:I doubt it.

Ssj3 failed
Ssg failed
Ssb got beat down
Ssb KKx10 failed
Ultra Instinct already failed once so that boosts it's chances for winning the second time.

Even though I would rather him lose than them have Vegito who is just a cheap gimmick.
I think the more believable solution is to just have 2 fighters remain with Jiren as time runs out.

Even with the series ending, I doubt the show will end with Goku and possibly even Vegeta surpassing the Gods of Destruction.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:21 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:I still see no hard evidence that Ultra Instinct grants a significant power boost. From my understanding, isn't Ultra Instinct simply a state in where your body moves and reacts independently without having to think?
When he fighting Jiren with it, someone commented that Goku had closed the gap in power or something along those lines. Also when he fought Kefla and punched her, Kefla said it was weak while Goku looked at his fist.

So he's surely going to come out with something next time that will boost his attacking power.
Even with the series ending, I doubt the show will end with Goku and possibly even Vegeta surpassing the Gods of Destruction.
Toppo will become a God of Destruction in the next episode and the one after that mentions surpassing even a God and Vegeta's life risking attack.

So I would assume that Vegeta will do some big attack to eliminate Toppo this making him surpass a God of Destruction. As it was a life risking attack he will then be exhausted afterward, he will go out and then it will just be Goku vs Jiren. Goku will come out with an improved version of Ultra Instinct, Jiren will use his full power finally and then one of them will win.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:39 am

The whole arc is about Goku needing to master UI in time to stop Jiren and surpass the Gods. Introducing Vegito again would completely discredit the gains that Goku and Vegeta have made this arc and doesn't make sense with how quickly Vegito drains power even in SSB. UI Blue or whatever form he would have logically wouldn't 't last more than a minute.

Kchlu

Post by Kchlu » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:32 am

As much as I like Vegito, I certainly hope he doesn't show up in the last fight. I thought the point of the time limit in the earrings in the Future Trunks arc was to establish once again that fusion is pointless, just not only the dance anymore but the potaro earrings as well. Plus, I rather not have the same plot beats as the last arc sans the Future Trunks cutting Zamasu part. Hmmm, imagine if Freeza was the one in the role but instead of slicing and dicing like Trunks, just shoots a hole in Jiren's chest to give them the win. Nah, that'll never work.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:09 am

No. I don't want to see Vegetto again. Super already blue their load on that with him and that whole Potara gimmick. Just have Goku and Vegeta work together normally and overcome Jiren. But if a fusion must happen... have it be Gogeta this time.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:43 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
I still see no hard evidence that Ultra Instinct grants a significant power boost. From my understanding, isn't Ultra Instinct simply a state in where your body moves and reacts independently without having to think?
While making you multitudes faster and stronger than before :D