Jiren and Toppo

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Jiren and Toppo

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I was thinking, since Toppo thrown away his justice to be a god of destruction, I am wondering if Jiren will be the one knocking him out. Jiren at least his manga counterpart seems honorable with Justice and he didn't want to join originally. I am wondering if Toppo goes out of control, do you think Jiren will knock him out because he lost his Justice? Just a thought I had.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Jiren and Toppo

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Despite allegedly being stronger, Jiren seems like the easier of the two to deal with at this point. Him knocking out Toppo might be the only way Universe 7 has a hope of winning.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Kataphrut wrote:Despite allegedly being stronger, Jiren seems like the easier of the two to deal with at this point. Him knocking out Toppo might be the only way Universe 7 has a hope of winning.

Jiren can’t be defeated by Belmod whose been a GoD for thousands of years and has full mastery of hakai energy unlike toppo.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm

I don't believe we've seen Jirens full power. I do believe this is Toppos. So how I see it, and the more hard-core power scalers out there can correct me if I'm completely wrong:

Toppo is slightly less than/equal to a GoD

Jiren is stronger than a GoD

Granted, U7 doesn't need to defeat them in the traditional sense. They just have to get them knocked them out of bounds

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 am

Why are people under the impression God power is a set level. It's clear every God has their own power and then theirs their God power abilities that they all have. I honestly think Toppo is already stronger than some gods like sidra.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:45 am

julianix wrote:Why are people under the impression God power is a set level. It's clear every God has their own power and then theirs their God power abilities that they all have. I honestly think Toppo is already stronger than some gods like sidra.
And many people, including my self, believe that toppo is stronger than Sidra and some gods. Toppo has everyone shocked in the bleachers. Tho in my opinion he is still weaker than gods like belmod, beerus, and quitela. They seem to be one of the top tier gods

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:14 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:Despite allegedly being stronger, Jiren seems like the easier of the two to deal with at this point. Him knocking out Toppo might be the only way Universe 7 has a hope of winning.

Jiren can’t be defeated by Belmod whose been a GoD for thousands of years and has full mastery of hakai energy unlike toppo.
Yes, but it's a matter of attitude. Jiren plays around and refuses to just knock people out of the arena. He's also too proud to deal with weaklings. Toppo just disintegrates everything he touches.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 am

I understand that Toppo outright said that Jiren is stronger than him but I don't know how Jiren could stop GoD Toppo. Since no one can deal direct damage to Toppo when he's surround with the aura of Destruction, how would Jiren win?

In that same thinking, how does an Angel beat a GoD when they can't hit them if they're surround with aura of Destruction?
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:59 am

KingKaash wrote:I understand that Toppo outright said that Jiren is stronger than him but I don't know how Jiren could stop GoD Toppo. Since no one can deal direct damage to Toppo when he's surround with the aura of Destruction, how would Jiren win?

In that same thinking, how does an Angel beat a GoD when they can't hit them if they're surround with aura of Destruction?
We don’t know how jiren can do it, be he can do it alright. He probably does it the same way he has overcome every other technique, pure overwhelming power.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:04 am

People should really wait for ep 126 and see how vegeta does vs Toppo. if vegeta will be able to bypass GoD, you can bet Jiren will easily do it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:14 am

KingKaash wrote:I understand that Toppo outright said that Jiren is stronger than him but I don't know how Jiren could stop GoD Toppo. Since no one can deal direct damage to Toppo when he's surround with the aura of Destruction, how would Jiren win?

He glares the hakai shield away..
Don't ask, it just happens
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am

Same principle as the ki shroud developed to counteract Lavender's poison. Despite the fact that they should technically be cut off from the surrounding atmosphere around them, which should logically induce the same kind of effect as being in a vacuum, oxygen and sound is still able to travel through the shroud to their cavities. If you wanted to think outside of the box then you would aim to strike at those necessary but vulnerable biological functions of the fighter. In Toppo's case, aiming for those bulging cranial blood vessels of his sounds like it would be ideal. Maybe go for something akin to an artificially induced pulsatile tinnitus where the blood vessels' flow in the neck and head are disrupted. Such an action would require very acute hearing that can recognise and replicate the tunes of Toppo's own heartbeat which might induce a carotid arterial aneurysm. It's not gonna matter if he has the aura of Hakai around him or not since he'll probably be in the same condition that Goku was in during the latter stages of his fight against #19. Once he's down you blow the arena out from under him and he gets eliminated.

For the original question -- just because Toppo has fully embraced the title of Hakaishin doesn't mean he'll go on an indiscriminate rampage or anything. Hakaishin are still beholdened to the Omni-King and their superiors; that would entail complying with the rules and regulations established for this tournament. Besides, Toppo still appears to be in control of his actions. He might have shed some of his morality based hesitation for brutality but it's not like he's gone insane or anything. Jiren doesn't need to intervene here.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Either surrounding themselves with Aura of Destruction has a weakness(a part of the body they do not cover or stamina drain)or since its DB,being much stronger would negate/overwhelm the protection of the Aura.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Toppo's showing of power probably may have surprised us so much that we might have even momentarily forgotten that Jiren is the strongest out of everyone. :lol: But this is a battle of survival where no killing is allowed, so if Toppo were to "go out of control", he'd be disqualified. Not to mention I doubt Jiren would get cocky enough to knock off his own teammate just for shits and giggles.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 am

Jiren is taking two fighters on at once who have power greater than SSJB (Goku's SSJB + Kaio Ken and Vegeta's SSJB2). Toppo is taking on 17 and a Golden Freeza who willingly took a direct hit of his hakai energy.

And keep in mind we know Jiren can go move for move with UI as well. So I still have Jiren higher.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:45 am

Whatever wrote:

Either surrounding themselves with Aura of Destruction has a weakness(a part of the body they do not cover or stamina drain)or since its DB,being much stronger would negate/overwhelm the protection of the Aura.
These two ways were my thoughts as well on how to beat the Aura of Destruction. It's going to be very interesting to see

Overall, it makes sense why GoDs are so feared in the entire Universe, it's because they have this level of power.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:23 am

KingKaash wrote:
Whatever wrote:

These two ways were my thoughts as well on how to beat the Aura of Destruction. It's going to be very interesting to see

Overall, it makes sense why GoDs are so feared in the entire Universe, it's because they have this level of power.
And goes to show how much Beerus was holding back when he fought Goku way back when.

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:04 am

I think so too.
I want to see Toppo vs Jiren.
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 am

Not happening, the way he said "so you've made up your mind Toppo" as if it's something he knew was going to happen eventually and probably was fighting for it too. Plus the spoilers said he'll fight Vegeta alongside Toppo.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 am

Jackalope89 wrote: And goes to show how much Beerus was holding back when he fought Goku way back when.
This also bring up a very interesting advantage for Goku as well. If he is by any chance catching Toppo's fight he can formulate a perfect strategy to take down Beerus.

As for Toppo vs Jiren. I'm pretty sure Jiren doesn't exactly need to touch someone to beat them as we've seen him simply beat down some of the strongest characters by staring at them. Toppo is strong but rn he's thinking less than rationally because of that, he feels unstoppable right now and it would be a perfect oppurtunity to take advantage of his newfound hubris.