Toppo should be disqualified

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Toppo should be disqualified

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 am

Gods (including Hakaishin) aren't allowed to participate in the tournament, otherwise Universe 7 could just have Beerus on their team.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Re: Toppo should be disqualified

Post by SirTorra » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:47 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Gods (including Hakaishin) aren't allowed to participate in the tournament, otherwise Universe 7 could just have Beerus on their team.
What for? Toppo is gonna get eliminated soon by a certain prince. It'll be more entertaining than a disqualification.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 am

Or is a 'soon to be' hakaishin' with the power of a God of Destruction a kind of a loophole?
Maybe the topic will not even be addressed at all, because the Zeno's think it's cool.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:17 am

If that's the case, Krillin, Tien and Roshi should have also been disqualified. Because they gave energy to Goku to form the Spirit Bomb against Jiren, so they gave him external help. They should've been erased like Frost for interfering with the Tournament, yet they weren't.

Also, Toppo is not an official God of Destruction yet. Just like Zamasu in the manga, who was not an official Supreme Kai yet. These two positions are sacred, you can't reach them just by powering up; that would be ridiculous.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 am

But he's not. He's probably getting eliminated by someone from U7, so it's not really that big of a deal, just enjoy the story.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:If that's the case, Krillin, Tien and Roshi should have also been disqualified. Because they gave energy to Goku to form the Spirit Bomb against Jiren, so they gave him external help. They should've been erased like Frost for interfering with the Tournament, yet they weren't.
Yes, they should have; people complained. As well as anyone who helped Ribrianne.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 am

The rules have always been in service of and bent to what the Zen'o are excited about and find appropriate in that particular moment. Y'all have already cited quite a few examples of these, and I just see Toppo's current status a further extension of that. They're being rather consistent with their rule inconsistency and hand-waving, all things considered.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:51 am

If using the power of a god is grounds for disqualification according to the OP, then Goku and Vegeta should also be disqualified because they utilize God Ki in their SSG and SSB forms. Goku especially should be disqualified for using the Ultra Instinct, a technique that even gods fail to master, based on such criteria.

In fact, based on the OP's criteria, merely training with gods should be grounds for disqualification because the gods are directly involved in the fighters' growth.

This is an extreme conclusion, but not an unsound one based on how the OP has vaguely defined his/her position/reasoning.

Toppo making use of Hakai Energy to empower himself in a manner similar to a Hakaishin thanks to being trained under an Angel is really no different from Goku and Vegeta making use of God Ki to empower themselves in a manner similar to gods. As long as they aren't officially gods under the cosmic hierarchy, they're fine participating.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:53 am

He’s not an official God of Destruction, he’s still a Candidate. How is that breaking the rules?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:54 am

VegettoEX wrote:The rules have always been in service of and bent to what the Zen'o are excited about and find appropriate in that particular moment. Y'all have already cited quite a few examples of these, and I just see Toppo's current status a further extension of that. They're being rather consistent with their rule inconsistency and hand-waving, all things considered.
I think that's fine. The point is that nobody really raises an objection.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Almost everyone on Universe 7's team has been trained by a deity at some point; the only ones who haven't are the cyborgs and Freeza. For Toppo, like others have said he's still technically just a trainee. He hasn't actually assumed the position of Hakaishin. Has he embraced the attributes of Hakaishin? Yes, but he hasn't officially assumed the role or anything.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:46 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Gods (including Hakaishin) aren't allowed to participate in the tournament, otherwise Universe 7 could just have Beerus on their team.
Toppo just activated his god ki

Goku and Vegeta did that many times in the ToP, so should they be disqualified too?

Toppo is using something that he learnt from gods. Goku and Vegeta did that too. Goku even used UI, which is something hard even among the gods

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 pm

If Toppo has be disqualified then so do Goku and Vegeta since they are using god power as well.

As with a lot of the crap the fighters have been getting away with in the ToP, the rules have a ton of loop holes in them. There too basic.

No weapons or healing items are allowed, but shoes, jars, earrings and love glow sticks are in a grey area and thus don't break the rule. Plus since Zen-Oh though they were all cool they get let off anyway.

There are other also other loop holes such as there nothing stopping anyone wearing armour, something a normal tournament would not allow.

The loop hole for Toppo is that he is not a true GoD, just a candidate who has been schooled in deity abilities. Since he dose not officially hold the title, he is not an official member of U11's pantheon of deities and thus allowed to participate.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 pm

I wasn't just referring to him using the power of a god, but rather the idea that Belmod pretty much announced him as being the new Hakaishin of Universe 11.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 pm

Nah, I don't think so. Disqualifying him now at this stage would be too controversial.

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 pm

I feel the same actually. At the very least I imagined that it'd be addressed in-universe (Zeno's: 'wow, so cool! I'll allow it!') but it wasn't..

..and for those saying 'all god ki users should be disqualified then' that isn't the point. Toppo specifically had the title bestowed on him by Belmod and that's what 'breaks' the rules.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 pm

t0ffe3m4n wrote:I feel the same actually. At the very least I imagined that it'd be addressed in-universe (Zeno's: 'wow, so cool! I'll allow it!') but it wasn't..

..and for those saying 'all god ki users should be disqualified then' that isn't the point. Toppo specifically had the title bestowed on him by Belmod and that's what 'breaks' the rules.
But the thing is...... Belmod hasn't given up his position as his Universe's Hakaishin, and Toppo is only expressing Hakai Energy as a mortal trained in its usage.

If Belmod had officially announced that he was stepping down and that Toppo was taking his place, THEN it'd be a violation of the rules. But because he merely described Toppo as being at their level, he's only reinforced that Toppo has the potential to become one in his place.

People need to understand that the gods' POSITIONS are what disqualifies them, not the usage of their powers. I've been repeating myself too much on this matter, but I need to do so in an attempt to get it through to people. As long as Toppo doesn't ascend to the actual hierarchical position of "God of Destruction" or another kind of deity in the cosmic pantheon, then he's still considered a mortal that can participate.

Another way of putting it: if Beerus stepped down from his position and appointed someone else to be Universe 7's God of Destruction but still retained his power and ability to channel Hakai Energy, he'd technically become a mortal and be allowed to participate in the tournament.