Was Hakai! Toppo really G.o.D level?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Was Hakai! Toppo really G.o.D level?

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:13 am

There isnt one level that all gods of destructions are at

"There are levels to this"

Berus is clearly said to be among the strongest of the gods of destruction

Obviously Toppo is on the lower end. Toppo is still god of destruction level, but he clearly isn't the strongest and is maybe comparable to the lower tier gods of destruction, if not is the weakest one

The interesting thing is, Belmond is said to be one of the strongest gods of destruction, yet it's confirmed Jiren even far surpasses Belmond.

So if you were impressed by Toppo you havent seen anything yet. Just wait until Jiren unleashes (and Goku gets the Shirtless UI transformation)

I think full power Jiren and UI Omen Goku will be approaching the lower end of the angels/lowest tier of angels.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:There isnt one level that all gods of destructions are at

"There are levels to this"

Berus is clearly said to be among the strongest of the gods of destruction

Obviously Toppo is on the lower end. Toppo is still god of destruction level, but he clearly isn't the strongest and is maybe comparable to the lower tier gods of destruction, if not is the weakest one

The interesting thing is, Belmond is said to be one of the strongest gods of destruction, yet it's confirmed Jiren even far surpasses Belmond.

So if you were impressed by Toppo you havent seen anything yet. Just wait until Jiren unleashes (and Goku gets the Shirtless UI transformation)

I think full power Jiren and UI Omen Goku will be approaching the lower end of the angels/lowest tier of angels.
There is no indication of that in neither anime nor manga.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 am

Stop overselling the god damn Beerus. Goku, Vegeta and Vegetto are in his league. Jiren is stronger than him. Deal with it.
It would be RIDICOLOUS otherwise.
This whole fact that Beerus isn't reachable is ruining his character honestly.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 am

Don't wanna be that guy, but 30% Beerus is still "hakaishin level".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:27 pm

In my opinion he was weaker than most Hakaishin but still on that general level of power. However he had 2 major factors hindering him:

1. His lack of experience. No matter how powerful his new abilities were, he only had a couple minutes to learn to use them. He never demonstrated the direct Hakai technique like Beerus and Sidra, for one thing.

2. He was holding back to avoid killing anyone. And with a power that kills by its very nature, that would be extremely difficult. Try to imagine having a swordfight with a deadly sharp sword but not being allowed to cut your opponent with it. Combine that with the fact that you just learned how to wield the sword a minute ago, and you probably won't do all that well.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Considering Jiren is supposedly beyond the 'state' of a God of Destruction, I don't see why he wouldn't be. We have no idea how strong Beerus is relative to the heroes now or how strong the gods are relative to each other, but I'd wager Goku and Vegeta aren't that far off from that 'level' now. One way or the other that benchmark is going to be passed to take down Jiren.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:07 am

Yes. Only Gods of Destruction can use Hakai. By definition, Toppo is GoD level because he ascended to a GoD. Are you people saying he's not GoD level because Vegeta beat him?? We don't know how powerful GoDs usually are since we only have ONE reference, that being Beerus and that being at the beginning of the show when Vegeta and Goku were weak. A lot of time has passed since then, Vegeta ascended to SSJB2, and then had a rage boost. Its not inconceivable to suggest that he has surpassed GoD level by now. Seriously this shouldn't be a discussion...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 am

In a way Toppo is as much as a God of Destruction as the others, but I think Beerus not only uses hakai better than him, but he also is in the process of perfecting the ultra instinct. So, they aren’t quite at the same level if they were to have a match.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:56 am

I believe he was. The thing we have to remember is from the beginning of Super, Goku as SSG was some percent relative to Beerus, which then became his new base form. Add in various transformation multipliers and Zenkai boosts, you have a fighter relative to the GoD

Now in regards to where the gods rank or where Goku and Vegeta and Toppo rank, I can't honestly say. But the idea of these guys being to the level of the GoDs isn't so crazy