As Freeza remains in the shadows, my theory on Super's "unexpected" ending

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Stonefallow

Re: As Freeza remains in the shadows, my theory on Super's "unexpected" ending

Post by Stonefallow » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 pm

It's obvious that Freeza is going to be utilized in some way at the very end of the tournament. The thing that makes the most sense is for him to wait until Goku and Jiren both run out of steam and then knock them both out to be the last fighter standing. Whether this earns him the wish or not is up for debate, but certainly from Freeza's viewpoint this is the most likely winning scenario for him.

And the wish should also be obvious, make himself the new Omni King. That would be an incredible way to kick off a new series or continuation of Super down the road. I've been saying for awhile that his original return and golden power up were pretty lame and negated all of the gains that the main characters achieved. It was my least favorite arc in Super, and it could have essentially been thrown away entirely without changing much of the series. (Personally I would have made his first return be ToP arc, at his Namek level strength. But that is another topic.) Making him the Omni King would make Freeza a true threat and would bring real stakes back to the show, without having to resort to gimmicky power increases that cheapen the power scaling.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Stonefallow wrote:It's obvious that Freeza is going to be utilized in some way at the very end of the tournament. The thing that makes the most sense is for him to wait until Goku and Jiren both run out of steam and then knock them both out to be the last fighter standing. Whether this earns him the wish or not is up for debate.
It's not up for debate. The grand preist flat out said that the wish goes to the most outstanding fighter.

I don't know why that keeps getting ignored in favor of all this headcanon

Frieza has not been the most outstanding fighter regardless if he some how manages to become the last fighter standing

The most realistic possibilities are scenarios A and B in the OP IMO

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 am

I don't know what'll happen, but I'm fine with any result as long as it's not Freeza going back to hell like nothing happened. Him getting a wish and causing chaos, him trying to revolt and getting erased from existence, and him being brought back to life and existing as an anti-hero somewhere in the universe all are pretty great options. Really hope Toei/Toriyama don't play it too safe here, or it would be incredibly disappointing.

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:45 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Stonefallow wrote:It's obvious that Freeza is going to be utilized in some way at the very end of the tournament. The thing that makes the most sense is for him to wait until Goku and Jiren both run out of steam and then knock them both out to be the last fighter standing. Whether this earns him the wish or not is up for debate.
It's not up for debate. The grand preist flat out said that the wish goes to the most outstanding fighter.

I don't know why that keeps getting ignored in favor of all this headcanon

Frieza has not been the most outstanding fighter regardless if he some how manages to become the last fighter standing

The most realistic possibilities are scenarios A and B in the OP IMO
And what exactly defines "the most outstanding fighter"? It's a vague description, and could easily be interpreted as the one that managed to survive the longest.
I have been careful to avoid spoilers and I could very well be wrong about the outcome, but it's incredibly irritating to hear someone smugly say something is not up for debate that hasn't happened yet.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 am

Jiren will eliminate Goku, only for 17 and Freeza to reveal themselves at the very last second. Universe 7 wins, two combatants to Universe 11's one.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:55 am

Kuwabara wrote:Jiren will eliminate Goku, only for 17 and Freeza to reveal themselves at the very last second. Universe 7 wins, two combatants to Universe 11's one.
This was really close. What do you know? Lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"