Are there any evil-doers in the TOP besides Freeza?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Are there any evil-doers in the TOP besides Freeza?

Post by precita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm

As we've seen our universe bring an "evil-doer" in Freeza on their team, do you think of the other universe had evil-doers on their team? I suppose Frost counts too, so besides them?

I honestly wonder if Dr. Paproni on U3 was evil. He certainly looked like an evil mad scientist character similar to Dr. Gero. But for everyone else it's hard to tell. Do you think we got some evil-doers?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Are there any evil-doers in the TOP besides Freeza?

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:12 pm

The sniper duo from U2 perhaps? They didn't seem to be drinking the same Kool-Aid as the rest of that mob, so maybe they were just some ne'er-do-wells brought in to pad the numbers.

Also, Universe 4, 9 and 10 teams seem to be made up of a majority of scummy people. It would be easier to name the decent ones out of that lot, which are probably Obuni, Ganos and maybe Bergamo depending on how you read him. That said, I don't think anyone in the Tournament are as outright villainous as Freeza or Frost.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 am

Hit is a murderous amoral criminal who kills for profit. If Dragon Ball was in the habit of providing introspective dimensional weight to the actions and consequences of characters then he wouldn't be looked upon so fondly by members of our universe. After Universe 6's "number one" assassin there's also Maji-Kayo who, with a sneer on his face, was moments away from gruesomely mutilating Dyspo, a member of Universe 11's beloved vanguard of peace and justice, with an improvised device made from his own anatomy. We also can't forget Hop twistedly musing about disfiguring Vegeta's "handsome" face with her claws. It's not evil, per se, but unnecessarily violent and sadistic.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 am

Universe 2: The only potential ones I see being evil doers in this team are Prum and Hermila, the sniper duo. While we don't know much about their characters and their background, their episode portrayed the duo as dirty, sneaky assassins with a probable history of atrocities and crimes.

Universe 3: Dr. Paparonni had a temperament of a vain narcissistic mad scientist with a penchant of constantly boasting and cackling about his masterpiece. Those aren't usual characteristics of a very sane person, so I guess he qualifies as one?

Universe 6: Hit is an internationally feared mass murderer in his universe and Frost is a deceitful space pirate that masquerades his corrupt self in order to secretly ignite wars.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am

Nigrisshi was hinted to be evil I think
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 am

The Trio de Dangers didn't seem like good guys. I'm quite sure the tournament was full of bad guys but they didn't explore every fighter's background so we have no idea who was good and who wasn't.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 am

Freeza9000 wrote:Universe 2: The only potential ones I see being evil doers in this team are Prum and Hermila, the sniper duo. While we don't know much about their characters and their background, their episode portrayed the duo as dirty, sneaky assassins with a probable history of atrocities and crimes.

Universe 3: Dr. Paparonni had a temperament of a vain narcissistic mad scientist with a penchant of constantly boasting and cackling about his masterpiece. Those aren't usual characteristics of a very sane person, so I guess he qualifies as one?

Universe 6: Hit is an internationally feared mass murderer in his universe and Frost is a deceitful space pirate that masquerades his corrupt self in order to secretly ignite wars.
Hit is never really potrayed as villianous or evil in the series. In fact the one "hit" we do see him carry out is against someone who is obviously evil. He fills the whole noble assassin archetype, so his more lawful neutral then anything evil.Characters like Frost, Frieza and Paparonni are all shown to have villianous temprements which which is why I would list them as "evil" in the Dragonball sense.
I would add that anything created by Dr Paparonni also probably qualifies as evil. The universe 9 also seems to fit the bill, especially since they come from a Universe with the lowest mortal ranking and there world appears to be complete and utter chaos.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 am

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:Universe 2: The only potential ones I see being evil doers in this team are Prum and Hermila, the sniper duo. While we don't know much about their characters and their background, their episode portrayed the duo as dirty, sneaky assassins with a probable history of atrocities and crimes.

Hit is never really potrayed as villianous or evil in the series. In fact the one "hit" we do see him carry out is against someone who is obviously evil. He fills the whole noble assassin archetype, so his more lawful neutral then anything evil.Characters like Frost, Frieza and Paparonni are all shown to have villianous temprements which which is why I would list them as "evil" in the Dragonball sense.
I would add that anything created by Dr Paparonni also probably qualifies as evil. The universe 9 also seems to fit the bill, especially since they come from a Universe with the lowest mortal ranking and there world appears to be complete and utter chaos.
He carried a hit out on Goku.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSJ YUSUKE wrote:

Because Goku literally asked for it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am

Maji Kayo seemed to enjoy cruelty on the same level as Freeza.

Ice85

Post by Ice85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSJ YUSUKE wrote: Hit is never really potrayed as villianous or evil in the series. In fact the one "hit" we do see him carry out is against someone who is obviously evil. He fills the whole noble assassin archetype, so his more lawful neutral then anything evil.Characters like Frost, Frieza and Paparonni are all shown to have villianous temprements which which is why I would list them as "evil" in the Dragonball sense.
Because Goku literally asked for it.
But Hit didn't know that at the time.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

The only reason Hit was going to let Goku go in episode 71 was because he knew him from the tournament and Hit also had no idea Goku has ordered the assassination.

The only thing noble about Hit is that he doesn't kill from behind. AFAIK , they never said he only kills bad people.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Frieza, Frost and Hit are the obvious choices

If i had to guess which one look evil then:

U7: Frieza
U6: Frost and Hit
U4: Nink, Damon, Gamisaras, Ganos, Dercori and Majora
U11: No one, perhaps Toppo after his transformation.
U3: Paparonni and his creations
U9: Everyone except the Trio of Dangers (IMO they seem to be some kind of Anti-Hero)
U2: Prum and Hermila
U10: No one, they seemed kinda friendly towards everyone and got along pretty well

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

The trio of Danger didn't seem bad to me. If anything they seemed like 3 brothers who had to survive in a rotten universe.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

The Trio de Dangers did the usual constant laughing/smirking/sneering that's usually associated with villains in the franchise. Granted a lot of the Pride troopers did this too, you know the usual villain, "I'm so much stronger than you and you're awful" mentality before they get beaten where they stand around smirking and laughing sarcastically.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm

precita wrote:The Trio de Dangers did the usual constant laughing/smirking/sneering that's usually associated with villains in the franchise. Granted a lot of the Pride troopers did this too, you know the usual villain, "I'm so much stronger than you and you're awful" mentality before they get beaten where they stand around smirking and laughing sarcastically.
Vegeta does the same thing, even as a good guy.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Everybody on U7 Except roshi, and possibly goku. And roshi is highly suspicious.... We don't know enough about roshi. :think:
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:36 am

Arugela wrote:Everybody on U7 Except roshi, and possibly goku. And roshi is highly suspicious.... We don't know enough about roshi. :think:
Other than that he (while being a pervert) is generally good hearted and even gave a village the means to overcome a drought, gave his life trying to stop a world conquering evil and always tried to keep his students level headed.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:46 pm

That was half a joke. Because everyone is a villain. And we haven't seen roshi be a pure all out villian yet. We also don't know much about gohan... He trained both of them. You never know!
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Arugela wrote:That was half a joke. Because everyone is a villain. And we haven't seen roshi be a pure all out villian yet. We also don't know much about gohan... He trained both of them. You never know!
Actually....

Goku - Would be destroyer of all mankind. Possible endangerment of a minor is a crime that could be laid at his door.

Vegeta - Former prince of the war-like saiyan race, former member of the Frieza Force and likely has the 3rd highest mass murder count out of all U7's members.

Yamcha - Former Desert Bandit. It's unknown if he's ever killed someone but he has committed robbery and assault.

Tien - Former Assassin. Again its never stated that Tien's ever actually killed anyone but he's got assault, fraud and causing greaves bodly harm to his name.

Roshi - Guilty of both voyeurism and sexual harassment, enough to get him on a sex offenders list.

Piccolo - Former Demon King and would be conqueror of earth. Although in fairness he's never actually killed anyone as far as we know, he dose have "wounding with intended murder", kidnapping and the neglect and endangerment of a minor under his belt.

#17 and #18 - Are not the cold blooded murderers of Trunk's timeline but they have committed assault, theft, hijacking, resisting arrest, home invasion and did intend to kill Goku.

Buu - Holder of the teams highest mass murder count.

Frieza - Galactic Tyrant and comes 2nd place on the mass murder count.

That leaves Gohan and Krillin as the only none criminals on the team.