What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 am

Obviously the manga and Anime have quite a bit of differences so lets talk about what stuff you think will turn out to be Anime exclusive.

My list :

Kale and Caulifla fusing - I have a feeling that toriyama outline said something like " kale and caulifla combine to fight goku but get defeated" and the toei team decided to run with fusion. Vegito last arc was not Toriyama idea and I don't think he'd want to introduce potara into this arc I think he meant 2 vs 1 and that would be it.

Toppo Transforming into god of destruction - In the anime they never mentioned Toppo as being a GoD candidate until episode 125. One would only know if they follow character bios on toei website. That bio was changed in October for some reason. In the manga however, we already know he's the next GoD and already showed off God ki and is on par in power with MSSB Goku

Vegeta new sparkly blue form - This form screams Toei having to make up for the kaioken gap. It wouldn't surprise me if Toriyama was very clear that goku and vegeta at full power would be equals outside of Ultra Instinct. KKx20 is obviously a toei thing and this new form is their way of making vegeta on par with him again.
Last edited by ToshioWrites on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:07 am

ToshioWrites wrote:Obviously the manga and Anime have quite a bit of differences so lets talk about what stuff you think will turn out to be Anime exclusive.

My list :

Kale and Caulifla fusing - I have a feeling that toriyama outline said something like " kale and caulifla combine to fight goku but get defeated" and the toei team decided to run with fusion. Vegito last arc was not Toriyama idea and I don't think he'd want to introduce potara into this arc I think he meant 2 vs 1 and that would be it.

Toppo Transforming into god of destruction - In the anime they never mentioned Toppo as being a GoD candidate until episode 125. One would only know character bio if they follow character bios on toei website. That bio was changed in October for some reason. In the manga however, we already know he's the next GoD and already showed off God ki and is on par in power with MSSB Goku

Vegeta new sparkly blue form - This form screams Toei having to make up for the kaioken gap. It wouldn't surprise me if Toriyama was very clear that goku and vegeta at full power would be equals outside of Ultra Instinct. KKx20 is obviously a toei thing and this new form is their way of making vegeta on par with him again.
I could have sworn they said Toppo was a GoD candidate way back when he was first introduced. I could very well be wrong, but I really thought that had been established way back then.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Obviously the manga and Anime have quite a bit of differences so lets talk about what stuff you think will turn out to be Anime exclusive.

My list :

Toppo Transforming into god of destruction - In the anime they never mentioned Toppo as being a GoD candidate until episode 125. One would only know character bio if they follow character bios on toei website. That bio was changed in October for some reason. In the manga however, we already know he's the next GoD and already showed off God ki and is on par in power with MSSB Goku

I could have sworn they said Toppo was a GoD candidate way back when he was first introduced. I could very well be wrong, but I really thought that had been established way back then.

In the show all they said was that he was the bodyguard of the u11 kaioshin and leader of pride troopers

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 am

Honestly, the entire tournament could play out completely differently to how it did in the show. I reckon the Goku vs Jiren fight depicted in the special and the advent of Ultra Instinct will play out the same since that feels like the most important plot beat of the whole thing, but everything else is just a case of "fighting happens." That leaves it up to the writers of both mediums to determine how that goes.

The manga version will likely be more efficient as well, since the 48 minute time limit is inherently better suited to that medium than the anime. Makes you wish Toei had just ignored that part of the outline, since even without the padding there was no way in hell of making that work.

I don't know about Kefla being anime exclusive. New forms are one thing, but I don't see them creating a whole new character without at least some approval or design input from Toriyama. That being said, I feel like Kale might have gotten at least one more form than she'll be getting in the manga. The Broly form will definitely be getting in, but the regular Super Saiyan form or the controlled form seem like they could be omitted. Probably the latter, if the outline does mention Kale controlling her berserk form, the manga could just take that as her fighting in her Broly form without issue, not getting a unique slimmed down version.

Vegeta Hyper-Bishi-Bashi Blue and Hakaishin Toppo are certainly anime-exclusive things.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:24 am

All of the fireballs' pulled-directly-from-Precure attacks will probably not exist in the manga since Toei's the creator of Precure, not Shueisha.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 am

I can't help but feel like Agnlasa might be an anime-exclusive opponent. I can still see Koitsukai, Panchia, and Bolarator combining into Koichiarator to be Gohan's penultimate opponent (before Dispo), but, if that occurs as it does in the anime, I can more easily see Gohan eliminating Koichiarator and Paparoni than I can see a cyborg scientist and a robot made up of three robots somehow remaining on the stage and combining into a kaijū.

If that ends up being the case, I hope No. 17 will receive an equally-impressive alternate finishing blow, perhaps against another opponent of that caliber.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 am

I feel like Kafla, Anilaza, and Hakaishin Toppo will all appear in the manga. Vegeta's new form, on the other hand, I don't have high hopes for. And despite believing that Anilaza will show up, I'm doubtful that the 5-man beam struggle will.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 am

I'm pretty sure God of Destruction Toppo is anime-only. He already used God Ki in the manga and there was no visual change. He also seems to have a delay before being added to Heroes which is very typical for Toei created elements, compared to outline ones.

In general though, considering the length of the arc, and how even Toriyama's scripts seem to get very loose regarding battles, so an outline probably would be even less detailed, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the tournament were very different with only a few key match ups established in the outline shared with the anime.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm

1.Most of fights will be different,may be even the main ones.
2.Don't see anilaza,fake kamikaze fireballs,hakaishin toppo,vegeta's new form.
3.Hit will get a power up,most likely a big one.Yardrat is likely to get more focus.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Zephyr wrote:I feel like Kafla, Anilaza, and Hakaishin Toppo will all appear in the manga. Vegeta's new form, on the other hand, I don't have high hopes for. And despite believing that Anilaza will show up, I'm doubtful that the 5-man beam struggle will.
These are my thoughts as well

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm

The powerset of the Trio de Dangers.
Basil's is just ki blasts, so it's not that special, but the poison from Lavenda and the absorption ability from Bergamo are not things I expect to be in the manga, especially because the anime didn't even have Bergamo use his ability in the tournament and Lavenda's poison ability didn't do anything in the tournament either.
Other than that I agree with no Hakaishin Toppo, Anilaza and SS Bluer. And likely Zirloin, Rabanra and Zabuto's transformations not making the cut.
Will certainly be interesting to compare between the two.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Hakaishin Toppo will happen in the manga as well.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Zephyr wrote:I feel like Kafla, Anilaza, and Hakaishin Toppo will all appear in the manga. Vegeta's new form, on the other hand, I don't have high hopes for. And despite believing that Anilaza will show up, I'm doubtful that the 5-man beam struggle will.
I'm willing to bet anything for Vegeta's form being anime only and its manga equivalent being his mastered Blue. It's just too similar to SSIkari in literally everything.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Hakaishin Toppo will happen in the manga as well.
I seriously doubt it. It doesn't really make sense that becoming a Hakaishin transforms your body, specially when Whis' training focus on not transforming. Manga Toppo also doesn't have the whole "justice" thing going for him (which btw it's borderline stupid, it doesn't make sense that Toppo is even considered a possible canidate for a Hakaishin if he has his anime personality). Toppo also used a hell lot of the "Hakai energy" introduced exclusively in the anime, and it literally doesn't add anything to the plot. Without that destruction energy thing, what's the point of the power up? Toppo vs Vegeta will happen, but it will be plain Toppo vs MBlue Vegeta.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:46 pm

1. The way Nigrisshi was eliminated. One hit by Cabba without even showing his powers? Such BS.

2. The way U4 was eliminated - self explanatory. New writer came and ruined what could have been a cool fight with sneaky opponents.

3. Ultra Instinct Part I. I feel like Goku vs Jiren Round I was Toei filler just to bring in the Audience by advertising the Special. He will achieve the form in a different manner in the Manga, most likely not in the middle of the Tournament either.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Jiren Backstory,it just doesn't work on the manga version.He will either have a new backstory or none.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:29 pm

I think whatever Vegeta's new form is called, won't be in the manga, because, as I stated in another thread, it just feels like a plot device to make our prince as strong as Goku, because probably after reading Toryiama's notes Toei realize that they wrote themselves into a corner with SSB Kaioken
Get Fucked, C_unt

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:11 pm

I doubt we'll see Vegeta's new form. I don't think Ultra Instinct will be used except against Jiren even if we do get Kefla

I also forsee Frieza with a much larger role than the anime has given him, as well as really fleshing out the tournament to make it feel like a true Battle Royale rather than U7 vs the multiverse

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Jiren Backstory,it just doesn't work on the manga version.He will either have a new backstory or none.
I was thinking about this, the backstory could still be in the manga (depends how much of his character Toriyama/Toyotaro actually bothered to flesh out in advance), except the reveal that Jiren actually doesn't care about his teammates would play more like a genuine betrayal. In the anime, it was really just an excuse for how he'd been up to that point, but with the manga version it could be this big shocking moment that this seemingly benevolent person was actually a nihilistic asshole.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Pretty much the majority of stuff before the special looks like it could be cut down or is just not going to be included.

I think Kefla, God of Destruction Toppo and the new Blue Vegeta are going to be in the manga as they are major plot points in the Tournament of Power, however, stuff like the snipers, universe 10 and universe 9, are probably going to be cut down on.

Also, I have no idea if Aniraza is going to be thing.

EDIT: Jiren's backstory will be the same, hopefully though, Toyotaro is able to add a more interesting spin on his characterization to make it actually matter beyond it feeling like a last minute addition.